Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 107 of 113 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1123
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutkeg View Post
    Couldn't some asound routing be a solution?
    Does the Linux version of the Waveinput LMS plugin work with pCP?
    pCP has alsamixer ...

Later ... I just tried it myself and Waveinput does work on pCP.
    I plugged in a "Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Sound Card"
    Here is what I put in Favorites for my test - added a Favorite called "Phono" and a URL of
    wavin:sysdefault:CARD=Pro

Alsamixer saw the device (USB connected) but thought that it had no capture ability ... but it was listed by
    arecord -l
    I tried various "URLs" (like wavin:Pro , wavin:default ... but the one that worked was the one listed above).
    Note - it is wavin: not wavein: or waveinput:

It was quiet compare to other sources so I'll try to find a way to boost it otherwise switching back to another source afterwards might hurt my ears.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2017-11-28 at 10:17. Reason: Added test result
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    pCP has alsamixer ...

I plugged in a "Creative Labs Soundblaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Sound Card"
    Here is what I put in Favorites for my test - added a Favorite called "Phono" and a URL of
    wavin:sysdefault:CARD=Pro

Alsamixer saw the device (USB connected) but thought that it had no capture ability ... but it was listed by
    arecord -l
    I tried various "URLs" (like wavin:Pro , wavin:default ... but the one that worked was the one listed above).
    Note - it is wavin: not wavein: or waveinput:

It was quiet compare to other sources so I'll try to find a way to boost it otherwise switching back to another source afterwards might hurt my ears.
    Crazy, it works! I just had to replace the card name. Great find!

Cons:
    - At the speaker the software audio delay adds up to about 2 seconds (which I can manually compensate with Kodi).
    - I need a separate LMS running in every "room" and I would have to switch to the main LMS very often.

Isn't there some kind of passthrough available where the USB card's microphone input ist just routed to the Hifiberry's output?

I suggest starting a new thread - probably not a pCP one to get a wider audience. There might be some Linux tricks or maybe something with LiquidSoap (I think) to do it.
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    pCP has alsamixer ...

The "Normal" waveinput plugin just does a "arecord" with the Alsa device name after the "wavin:" to PCM output is then fed into LMS as per the usual rules into PCM or transcoded into Flac or MP3. So for Waveinput to work - you need to have a working Alsa subsystem, a valid device name and that LMS is running under a userid that can access the audio devices. Any delays are mainly caused by network stuff, LMS buffering and player buffering.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-11-29 at 12:18.

piCoreplayer webserver won't load (cgi-bin/about.cgi)

Hi all,

Hoping to find some help with a new problem. I previously had a working setup with v3.1. I had to change some options and
    for some reason the interface won't load anymore. I went and flashed a new sd card with 3.22 and then 3.2 and then back to 3.1 and the same
    thing keeps happening. I can access cgi-bin/about.cgi on the first boot, but then it is no longer accessible after the first "save" of a configuration change. Browsers just hang on trying to load it. Even when actually rebooting the Pi, it is no longer accessible.

I figured I would try configuring through SSH, but after logging in, typing "picoreplayer" didn't bring up any setup menu.

Can anyone give me some direction?

Thanks!

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by guttapercha View Post
    I figured I would try configuring through SSH, but after logging in, typing "picoreplayer" didn't bring up any setup menu.

Try typing
    setup
    (which is a script at from /usr/local/sbin/setup)
    However, I don't know if that will do what you want since usually no need to run it by hand.
    Paul Webster

Quote Originally Posted by guttapercha View Post
    Hi all,

Hoping to find some help with a new problem. I previously had a working setup with v3.1. I had to change some options and
    for some reason the interface won't load anymore. I went and flashed a new sd card with 3.22 and then 3.2 and then back to 3.1 and the same
    thing keeps happening. I can access cgi-bin/about.cgi on the first boot, but then it is no longer accessible after the first "save" of a configuration change. Browsers just hang on trying to load it. Even when actually rebooting the Pi, it is no longer accessible.

Thanks!

Josh
    The command line setup is only for network and wifi. What configuration change are you making that prevents pCP from working?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The command line setup is only for network and wifi. What configuration change are you making that prevents pCP from working?
    Thanks for the reply. Since I started from a new image, I need to enter my server IP, bitrate, and audio card info. I click to save the settings and squeeze restarts. All seems like it should work, but then the webpage for the server is inaccessible.

Thanks,

Josh

What do you mean by server? Your LMS server? Or Are you setting pCP to a static up address?

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    What do you mean by server? Your LMS server? Or Are you setting pCP to a static up address?
    No - literally the webserver on the Pi to access the configuration. cgi-bin/about.cgi is the landing page for the picoreplayer. It will not load anymore after I make the first configuration change..

Thanks,

Josh