Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Happy 2020, everyone.

I'm a new user of the plugin and have encountered an obstacle that some of the videos don't play through a DLNA audio device, using UPnP/DLNA bridge.
    I apologize for asking about this if the solution has already been provided in this thread, but I didn't find it while doing a quick search.

So, the videos that do play - show the file format as "aac@44100Hz", for example. And the videos that don't play, only show the file format as "YouTube" and the audio doesn't play.
    An example of such a video that is displayed in the search results, but doesn't play the audio, would be - URL: "www.youtube.com/v/O_MkryobZlw", or the first search result of a query "gjan ruduo"

I love the combination of LMS + UPnP/DLNA bridge for my music streaming needs. And the possibility of streaming the audio of any youtube video clip, that is returned when doing a search with this Youtube plugin for the LMS would really improve the gatherings of people whose music taste differ from what my personal music library can offer.
    That track does not play on a Squeezebox Touch either so it isn't just DNLA players.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    That track does not play on a Squeezebox Touch either so it isn't just DNLA players.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Thank you for testing.
    So some of the tracks on youtube just don't play, using this plugin with LMS?

Thank you for testing.
    So some of the tracks on youtube just don't play, using this plugin with LMS?
    Youtube keep changing things.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Happy 2020, everyone.

I'm a new user of the plugin and have encountered an obstacle that some of the videos don't play through a DLNA audio device, using UPnP/DLNA bridge.
    I apologize for asking about this if the solution has already been provided in this thread, but I didn't find it while doing a quick search.

So, the videos that do play - show the file format as "aac@44100Hz", for example. And the videos that don't play, only show the file format as "YouTube" and the audio doesn't play.
    An example of such a video that is displayed in the search results, but doesn't play the audio, would be - URL: "www.youtube.com/v/O_MkryobZlw", or the first search result of a query "gjan ruduo"

I love the combination of LMS + UPnP/DLNA bridge for my music streaming needs. And the possibility of streaming the audio of any youtube video clip, that is returned when doing a search with this Youtube plugin for the LMS would really improve the gatherings of people whose music taste differ from what my personal music library can offer.
    Found & corrected
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

cool, will test it in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    One last thing you should do: delete your YT project and create a new one. I just saw that Google is doing something funny with “old” projects: they can’t create keys anymore...
    Thanks for that tip! Have now done so. Have also uninstalled YoutTube & restarted etc. and then reinstalled it, then added new key etc. The red code is now appearing and I can use it to log into my YT account. Not working though as when I search in YT there are no results, just empty.

You said earlier to delete YT preferences ... I am unsure how to do that without deleting all LMS preferences, have tried looking through the software files etc. but unable to locate a file to delete.

I will also repost this in the other thread as you requested.

Cheers, David
    Serverrpi3 pCP5.0.1 LMS7.9.2
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfrescoas above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    Thanks for that tip! Have now done so. Have also uninstalled YoutTube & restarted etc. and then reinstalled it, then added new key etc. The red code is now appearing and I can use it to log into my YT account. Not working though as when I search in YT there are no results, just empty.

You said earlier to delete YT preferences ... I am unsure how to do that without deleting all LMS preferences, have tried looking through the software files etc. but unable to locate a file to delete.

I will also repost this in the other thread as you requested.

Cheers, David
    When I set up the YouTube plugin ages ago I could not get "Get Code" to work even then. With regard to empty searches have you entered an acceptable country code in the region settings? Remember the code for UK is actually GB.

Edit . Just noticed you are in Australia so the GB thing isn't relevant but the region code may still be wrong.

Last edited by slartibartfast; 2020-01-06 at 23:55.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    When I set up the YouTube plugin ages ago I could not get "Get Code" to work even then. With regard to empty searches have you entered an acceptable country code in the region settings? Remember the code for UK is actually GB.

Edit . Just noticed you are in Australia so the GB thing isn't relevant but the region code may still be wrong.

In addition, have you re-created an API key? You need it no matter what
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    In addition, have you re-created an API key? You need it no matter what
    Yes, I had created a new API key yesterday, and then new client ID and secret ID.

Country code is set to AU (Australia). Previously when it was working (several months ago) the country code was US, I will try that again.

Regards, David

EDIT: Country code of US makes no difference, still blank results.
    Serverrpi3 pCP5.0.1 LMS7.9.2
    MediaUSB hard drive
    Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
    Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
    Alfrescoas above zone 2 > Krix Tropix
    OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
    SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBulluss View Post
    Yes, I had created a new API key yesterday, and then new client ID and secret ID.

Country code is set to AU (Australia). Previously when it was working (several months ago) the country code was US, I will try that again.

Regards, David

EDIT: Country code of US makes no difference, still blank results.
    Send me a log, but likely there is something wrong with the key