X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philippe_44
    • May 2008

up

up
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• tiggert
      • May 2014

Thanks Philippe for working on this and pointing me to this updated thread, and your suggestion about the api key.

I checked and the key I was using seemed to be correct, but I went ahead and created another one following the steps at the start of this thread (apart from enabling it, as it was already enabled - I only had the option to disable it.)

It still is not working for me.

It seems that whatever video I try to stream I get the message:
      "Problem: Can't connect to server for: "name of video"

This is what I see in my logs:
      [16-09-03 23:48:16.1572] main::init (368) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.8.1, 1401187905, Fri May 30 03:03:20 UTC 2014) perl 5.014002
      [16-09-03 23:54:07.8026] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error: Timer Slim::Web::Cometd::sendResponse failed:
      [16-09-03 23:57:27.8781] Slim::Player::Song:: open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/vj63BiNL4ik].
      [16-09-03 23:58:37.5410] Slim::Utils::Timers::__ANON__ (273) Error: Timer Slim::Web::Cometd::sendResponse failed: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value): at /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 150.
      [16-09-04 00:01:39.5087] Slim::Player::Song:: open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://www.youtube.com/v/vj63BiNL4ik].
      [16-09-04 00:11:19.8383] Slim::Player::Song:: open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://xTmIq9xZwks].
      [16-09-04 00:12:06.9735] Slim::Player::Song:: open (471) Warning: stream failed to open [youtube://OB4MsmL2q1A].

I tried running apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-ssleay-perl
      But it didn't install anything new as I already had it.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong and how I can get it working?

I'm running LMS 7.8.1 with perl 5.014002 on an oldish Raspberry Pi running Squeezplug.

Thanks.

Comment

• philippe_44
        • May 2008

ANNOUNCE: YouTube Plugin (API v3)

You can try to see what's going wrong with SSL and Perl associated part ... or move to a recent version of picoreplayer that will likely work out of the box -or- have you updated max2play to its latest version?
        Last edited by philippe_44; 2016-09-04, 14:02.
        LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Comment

• theadmans
          • Jan 2012

Have installed the latest plugin and entered the API key. However, all the search boxes return Empty? If I choose recently played this works and plays the audio through my SBT. What am I doing wrong with the search choices?

Comment

• philippe_44
            • May 2008

Originally posted by theadmans
            Have installed the latest plugin and entered the API key. However, all the search boxes return Empty? If I choose recently played this works and plays the audio through my SBT. What am I doing wrong with the search choices?
            Can you say precisely how you do your search and give an example of a search? Only webm files are supported, so in case a video is not encoded in that format, it can be played
            Last edited by philippe_44; 2016-09-27, 05:10.

Comment

• theadmans
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by philippe_44
              Can you say precisely how you do your search and give an example of a search? Only webm files are supported, so in case a video is not encoded in that format, it can be played
              ...hi philippe - OK I find all the different types of search box a bit confusing (not sure about the differences between them). However, I have just tried Youtube Search (everything) and typed in beatles - but get empty as the result. I picked the beatles as something I assume would return some results. BTW I am running LMS 7.7.5 on a Windows 7 PC.

Comment

• Man in a van
                • Jan 2011

...hi philippe - OK I find all the different types of search box a bit confusing (not sure about the differences between them). However, I have just tried Youtube Search (everything) and typed in beatles - but get empty as the result. I picked the beatles as something I assume would return some results. BTW I am running LMS 7.7.5 on a Windows 7 PC.

how about a re-install/update LMS?

Click image for larger version

Name:	you tube beatles.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	1561357

Ronnie

This is mine

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1473501469 @ Sat Sep 10 10:24:08 UTC 2016
                Hostname: openframe
                IP: 192.168.1.3
                HTTP Port: 9000
                Platform: i686-linux
                Perl Version: 5.18.2 - i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
                Audio::Scan: 0.95
                Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
                Total Players Recognized: 4

Comment

• theadmans
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Man in a van
                  how about a re-install/update LMS?

[ATTACH]21177[/ATTACH]

Ronnie

This is mine

....thanks ronnie - surprise to see you popping up here - think I normally see your helpful stuff on Pink Fish or is it Art of Sound ?

Can I upgrade to the latest version or do I need to do a complete re-install. Bit loath to do a re-install as am happy with the way everything else works. Fairly sure it was you that helped me get the DASH BBC stuff working etc.

Don't normally use the Youtube thingy but had the new Bowie Gouster album on last night and someone on another forum mentioned the Gouster Sessions (with stuff they didn't put in the new album was on Youtube).

Comment

• Man in a van
                    • Jan 2011

....thanks ronnie - surprise to see you popping up here - think I normally see your helpful stuff on Pink Fish or is it Art of Sound ?

Can I upgrade to the latest version or do I need to do a complete re-install. Bit loath to do a re-install as am happy with the way everything else works. Fairly sure it was you that helped me get the DASH BBC stuff working etc.

Don't normally use the Youtube thingy but had the new Bowie Gouster album on last night and someone on another forum mentioned the Gouster Sessions (with stuff they didn't put in the new album was on Youtube).
                    Adam, I'm all over the place, like cheap suit with a rash

Slimdevices, Wam,Pink Fish, but never AofS.

I always just install over the top , just remember, with Windows, install as Admin, Committe Member, Lord High Executioner,

Name:	Gouster Sessions.jpg
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1561358

Ronnie

Last edited by Man in a van; 2016-09-27, 16:25.

Comment

• theadmans
                      • Jan 2012

OK Ronnie I will see if I can pluck up courage!

So if I install 7.9.0 over the top it will leave all plug ins intact?

Comment

• Man in a van
                        • Jan 2011

OK Ronnie I will see if I can pluck up courage!

So if I install 7.9.0 over the top it will leave all plug ins intact?
                        I've never lost one yet

Comment

• philippe_44
                          • May 2008

Strange because this is almost my exact test config: win7 and 7.7.6. Sounds like a key problem. If you want, you can pm me your key and I'll try. Otherwise, set the plugin log to debug and send that to me. Be aware that your key appears in the log, so edit the file before if you are uncomfortable with that

Comment

• joao_Fr
                            • Sep 2016

Hello

Can you please tell me where is the Youtube Plugin setting menu?

I want to insert the key but I can´t find the right place.

thanks in advance

regards

filipe

Comment

• Man in a van
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by joao_Fr
                              Hello

Can you please tell me where is the Youtube Plugin setting menu?

I want to insert the key but I can´t find the right place.

thanks in advance

regards

filipe

Name:	uTube settings.jpg
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	1561379

Comment

• joao_Fr
                                • Sep 2016

thanks! I will try when I get home.