Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,328 of 1328
  1. #1321
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I mean erase totally your current project on YouTube console (another just keys, the project itself) and restart from real scratch with just a key first and then take care of the auth option later


    EnvoyÚ de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk


    Hi Philippe, i did a fresh installation of the piCorePlayer. And now your plugin is working again. I don't know what happened before. Maybe something went wrong with the last update of the plugin. Many thanks for your support! Tom

  2. #1322
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    117
    I wanted to setup Youtube API today and it was not working. I got this error in the log with some JSON following:

    Code:
    [21-08-09 16:15:20.3710] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (130) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::_async_read: Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/YouTube/API.pm line 97.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0x81a3770)
    [21-08-09 16:16:42.8351] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1341) Warning: [16:16:42.8346] do {
    I then manually opened up the URL it was trying to connect to in a browser and got a response saying I have to activate the key, which was possible and it now works.

    This step of extra activation seems to be missing in the description for setting up an API key in the LMS GUI when no key is yet applied.


    Also, I think the OAuth-process might be a bit different now. Maybe we have to setup a test user. It's not working yet for me, altough I got the 8 digit code and authorized it and got a "successfull". I had to chose a platform for my app and used "Desktop".

    EDIT: We have to specifically add the option to provide the user of the API with our personal data from youtube. This seems to trigger that this has to be checked by youtube. I am not sure if this is a problem but without it there is no data available. Also, there are more things a developer has to add, e.g. a video which shows what the app does.
    Last edited by bvrulez; 2021-08-09 at 07:53.

  3. #1323
    Senior Member adamslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    St Albans, UK
    Posts
    1,237
    I just tried to set this up and failed, for I think similar reasons to the above.

    I sorted the API and initial credentials/secret, all input into the plugin ok. It appears that the next step is to click the "get code" box, but this does nothing. Looking at the log file, it shows that a URL was unauthorized, but I don't know what the URL is.

    The server is a pi, and I'm accessing the settings from a Ubuntu PC that is logged into the relevant Google account. Do I need to log into the Google account from the pi to sort this?



    As an aside, it would be great if this worked with multiple YouTube accounts, so the kids could each access their own accounts on their own Squeezeboxes. In case you're bored and fancy doing something
    Own music plus Qobuz, PC, UPNP/DLNA bridge, JRiver as digital XO
    System 1: Lynx AES16, 5x SMSL DACs, various amps, 5 way horns
    System 2: Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sixtant, Heybrook Sextet
    3xBoom, 1xRadio

  4. #1324
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by adamslim View Post
    I just tried to set this up and failed, for I think similar reasons to the above.

    I sorted the API and initial credentials/secret, all input into the plugin ok. It appears that the next step is to click the "get code" box, but this does nothing. Looking at the log file, it shows that a URL was unauthorized, but I don't know what the URL is.

    The server is a pi, and I'm accessing the settings from a Ubuntu PC that is logged into the relevant Google account. Do I need to log into the Google account from the pi to sort this?

    As an aside, it would be great if this worked with multiple YouTube accounts, so the kids could each access their own accounts on their own Squeezeboxes. In case you're bored and fancy doing something
    Probably a Perl version that does not contain all the crypto needed
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  5. #1325
    Senior Member adamslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    St Albans, UK
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Probably a Perl version that does not contain all the crypto needed
    It has the latest versions of the ones you added on the first post on here. Odd.

    Anyway it plays YouTube but badly - there are lots of gaps etc. I may just find some work round or help the kids to make their own playlists.
    Own music plus Qobuz, PC, UPNP/DLNA bridge, JRiver as digital XO
    System 1: Lynx AES16, 5x SMSL DACs, various amps, 5 way horns
    System 2: Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sixtant, Heybrook Sextet
    3xBoom, 1xRadio

  6. #1326
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,481
    Quote Originally Posted by adamslim View Post
    It has the latest versions of the ones you added on the first post on here. Odd.

    Anyway it plays YouTube but badly - there are lots of gaps etc. I may just find some work round or help the kids to make their own playlists.
    No I mean there is a set of crypto extension that I add as part of the plugin and I need to build them for each Perl / CPU / OS combination. What do you have?
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

  7. #1327
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by adamslim View Post
    It appears that the next step is to click the "get code" box, but this does nothing
    This step worked fine for me. I had to click the button and update the site if I correctly remember. Anyway, it is stated in the steps what to do. It might be, that clicking on the "get code" link does nothing and for this there is a hint of what to do.

    Where I failed is later in the stage, when trying to link to my personal youtube account so I can play my favorites.

    Linking the general API key to play any video from youtube in general should work fine.

  8. #1328
    Senior Member adamslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    St Albans, UK
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    No I mean there is a set of crypto extension that I add as part of the plugin and I need to build them for each Perl / CPU / OS combination. What do you have?
    Oh OK. I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian.
    Own music plus Qobuz, PC, UPNP/DLNA bridge, JRiver as digital XO
    System 1: Lynx AES16, 5x SMSL DACs, various amps, 5 way horns
    System 2: Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sixtant, Heybrook Sextet
    3xBoom, 1xRadio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •