Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Hi Tibali,

I just got my pi running wit external buttons and rotary control from the QueezeButtonPi software.
    My next goal is to add a display and see if a TUI ( Text User Interface ) is working for me.

As this project is adding HW buttons for functions , and a rotary controller, Using both at the same time is likely to create a conflict.
    Has anyone already used both ? And what pitfalls do I need to avoid ?

The obvious one is double pin assignment/usage, and should not be too difficult to keep separated.
    And I will read the whole thread again to be up to speed on this .

Regards M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    Has anyone already used both ? And what pitfalls do I need to avoid ?
    You can left out the installation steps associated with pikeyd. Then you can use Slimmer to drive the LCDd and show only the main status display. The only thing to do is specifying a keyboard input device which never receives any keyboard events (ex. /dev/input/event0 which is the default if the -i parameter is omitted).

But don't know why is it better that using Slimmer also to control the player trough the menus it provides, and also for volume control.

slimmer and volume control

Quote Originally Posted by tbali View Post
    But don't know why is it better that using Slimmer also to control the player trough the menus it provides, and also for volume control.
    Hi Tbali,

For me an audio player must be able to adjust volume without delays and menu selection. I grew up with analoge amps and a big dial for volume, and pause buttons on tape and CD players , and that is the way I still prefer it on my media players. Also with jivelite I need a volume knob as the slider isn't in all screens.
    I will test slimmer first before I judge it. I've got an 1602 screen here that should work for a first test.

EDIT: I now just read the wiki. It seems default left-right rotary control = volume. So it might come close to what I need anyway.
    Like I said, I need to use it first, and then tell what I need.

Regards M-H
    Last edited by M-H; 2018-06-04 at 13:56. Reason: add line about default volume function
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

How to use rawserial driver?

Hello,

I want to use slimmer/LCDproc to drive the VFD display of my (broken) Denon DRA-585RD. I did some hardware design myself a couple of years ago and wrote a python script which sends the necessary info to my hardware through a serial(GPIO) connection to my hardware. Because the python script is somewhat sluggish I searched or another way. Then I stumbled upon Slimmer. I already got it running on a HD44780 but I can't figure out how to get the rawserial driver running through the GPIO serial port.
    From a putty session I can do a
    Code:
    echo "hello" > /dev/TTYAMA0
    which popups on my VFD but when I activate the rawserial driver for LCDproc nothing happens. I've been googling around for a while now but can't find any solution up till now. Any idea how to tackle this? Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Rene

Code:
    #piCorePlayer version
    PIVERS="piCorePlayer 3.22"

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Hello Balßzs!

Hope you are well.
    Is there any chance of seeing v2.0 anytime soon?

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by tbali View Post
    Hello,

I have a lot of work now. Spring maybe.

Best regards
    Hello tbali,

may we continue to hope for an improved version of slimmer?

best regards
    PiPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    Hello tbali,

may we continue to hope for an improved version of slimmer?

best regards
    PiPlayer
    Hi!

Sorry, I still have too much work. I will do it, but don't know when.

Best regards
    tbali

Would the input of slimmer work together with lmsmonitor? I am considering alternatives. Or would it be possible to install Lmsmonitor and use a rotary encoder for volume.

Ref: https://github.com/kabavol/LMSMonitor

Quote Originally Posted by gnibur View Post
    Would the input of slimmer work together with lmsmonitor? I am considering alternatives. Or would it be possible to install Lmsmonitor and use a rotary encoder for volume.
    You do not need the complete slimmer bundle. Slimmer uses the pikeyd daemon to turn gpio input into keyboard shortcuts.
    You can also use pikeyd without slimmer: link However, you must create a .tcz extension yourself.
    Alternatively, you can use the squeezebuttonpi daemon: link The pcp-sbpd.tcz extension can be loaded from the picoreplayer web interface.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    You do not need the complete slimmer bundle. Slimmer uses the pikeyd daemon to turn gpio input into keyboard shortcuts.
    You can also use pikeyd without slimmer: link However, you must create a .tcz extension yourself.
    Alternatively, you can use the squeezebuttonpi daemon: link The pcp-sbpd.tcz extension can be loaded from the picoreplayer web interface.
    Fantastic, thanks! Will try.