Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Excuse me if I'm being thick:

If I install LIRC via the tweaks page in the pCP web gui, the squeezlite command line is automatically extended by -i and the LIRCd command line does not get the --uinput option.
    Is there a way I can tamper with these commandlines?

Without the pCP web interface I don't know how to install LIRC under piCore.
    Last edited by ElFishi; 2017-07-03 at 07:39. Reason: clarified last sentence

Quote Originally Posted by ElFishi View Post
    Excuse me if I'm being thick:

If I install LIRC via the tweaks page in the pCP web gui, the squeezlite command line is automatically extended by -i and the LIRCd command line does not get the --uinput option.
    Is there a way I can tamper with these commandlines?

Without the pCP web interface I don't know how to install LIRC under piCore.
    TBH the pcp startup process is complex to handle all the options we support.

It's easiest to install using the webgui as you've done.

Then change the configuration so pcp considers it not installed by changing changing IR_LIRC="yes" to IR_LIRC="no"

sudo vi /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg

Then set lircd to start from the user commands on the tweaks webgui page.

/usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --log=/var/log/pcp_lirc.log --uinput

Save the config and reboot
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

OK, thank you!

pCP/Slimmer/LIRCd/udev

So, next challenge:
    I can get LIRCd to run with -uinput by the way Ralpy describes. I can also configure my own lircd.conf file so it contains the right keys for slimmer. And I can start slimmer with
    Code:
    --input /dev/input/event0
    and have slimmer react on my remote.
    Practically I don't seem to have a problem, as lirc consistently comes in as event0.

I have tried the udev rule from the wiki and put it in a file called 98-lircd.rules in /usr/local/etc/udev/rules.d/ .
    But it doesn't seem to do anything. At least I don't get a file /dev/input/myremote .

Wrong place for the file? Rule no good?
    Any help appreciated.

Got it working, but I would appreciate a hint how to do it right.

I copied the content of /etc/udev/rules.d/99-slimmer.rules to a new file 98-lircd.rules and changed from piked to lircd like this:
    Code:
    SUBSYSTEM=="input", ATTRS{name}=="lircd", NAME="input/%k", SYMLINK+="myremote", MODE="0644"
    added /etc/udev/rules.d/98-lircd.rules at the end of /opt/.filetool.lst

I now get /dev/myremote and can change slimmer.conf to
    Code:
    OPTIONS="--lmshost 192.168.0.115 --lmsport 9000 --input /dev/myremote  --encoding ISO-8859-2"

pikeyd + touchscreen

Is it possible to get pikeyd working together with a touchscreen in pcP?
    My goal is to get a working touchscreen (already running) and some additional hardware buttons for volume and presets.
    When I try to set
    Code:
    /usr/local/etc/init.d/pikeyd start
    at the end of bootlocal.sh it seems to be ignored.
    When the line is added before the pcP "internal rebootstuff" only pikeyd is recognized as input and no more touch input is working.

Simply adding the
    Code:
    sudo /usr/local/etc/init.d/pikeyd start
    command to the "do_rebootstuff.sh" somewhere after the jivelite section did the trick. Now I can use touchscreen and pikeyd simultaneously.
    But one more thing is left:
    No presets can be stored or set by pikeyd commands. Can anyone point me in the right direction how to set the correct configuration commands for pikeyd? Also tested with a standard usb keyboard, but I couldn't get any presets activated.

hi mff,

On the [Tweaks] page we have "User commands" for adding user's commands to the startup process. Theses are run towards the end of do_rebootstuff.

This *should* work in your case and have the benefit of being easier to setup and should be saved in you config.cfg.

regards
    Greg

Ah, good to know - that makes it much more comfortable to handle these "special user things".

Do you know something about the keyboard commands selecting LMS favourites/presets in jivelite?
    The only thing I could find was the InputToActionMap
    in the github repository.
    The list shows several combinations to store and recall presets, but when I test the commands with a standard usb keyboard (qwertz) none of them seems to work. So this seems to me not to be a pikeyd but more like a jivelite problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mff View Post
    Ah, good to know - that makes it much more comfortable to handle these "special user things".

Do you know something about the keyboard commands selecting LMS favourites/presets in jivelite?
    The only thing I could find was the InputToActionMap
    in the github repository.
    The list shows several combinations to store and recall presets, but when I test the commands with a standard usb keyboard (qwertz) none of them seems to work. So this seems to me not to be a pikeyd but more like a jivelite problem.
    The "hold" a key actions don't work with the keyboard nor LIRC as it uses the keyboard input chain as well.

I've only been able to use the hold action with LIRC using the lirc_client library which we're using in the squeezelite IR implementation. ie. holding the pause button for stop.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.