Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chaug
    • Jun 2011

MusicIP filters in headless mode

After Spotify shut down the Echonet api despite having promised not to do so when they took over the company, I'm probably not the only one going back to Spicefly Sugarcube and MusicIP.

I wanted to take the opportunity and finally use MusicIP filters in my setup so that I can easily limit the selected tracks to certain parts of my library. I have understood that there is no way of creating filters in the headless version by itself and that you have to use the GUI version to create the filters (which are stored in the "default.m3lib" (musicIP's library), not in a separate file). Since my headless setup is on a NAS, I cannot run the GUI on the same machine so I copied the default.m3lib to my windows PC and opened it with MusicIP Mixer, created the filters, and copied the file back to the NAS.

When I opened the webinterface (port 10002), I had 0 songs because the file had been modified. It gave me a button to "reload cache" but it doesnt seem to do anything. I restarted everything that can be restarted but to no avail. I also changed the ownership of the file to 500:500, just like all the other MusicIP files, but that didn't change anything either.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

UPDATE: I restored a backed up version of default.m3lib and MusicIP immediately recognized all 9000 songs in it when I pressed the "reload cache" button. So I'm guessing that there is perhaps some incompatibility between the windows and the linux version of musicIP? Or, more likely, between version 1.9 (which I use on windows) and version 1.8 (which I use on linux? Can anyone confirm this?

In the mean time, I also tried opening the file on the NAS directly with MusicIP Mixer (the containing directory is part of a Windows share on the NAS and can therefore be accessed directly from the windows machine). It worked fine to open it and I was able to create the filters, but MusicIP Mixer is unable to save the new library. I thought perhaps MusicIP on the NAs is blocking write access so I stopped it but it's still not possible to write to it...
    Last edited by chaug; 2016-06-06, 02:31.
    Server: LMS 8.2 on an Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine
    Players: Radio, Touch, Duet (Receiver & Controller), 2 Booms, Google Nest Hub (via chromecast plugin)
    Remote control apps: Material Skin (Web UI), but also SqueezePad (iOS), Squeezecontroller (Android)
    Important plugins: Trackstat, Spicefly Sugarcube, Lazy Search Music, Custom Browse, Multi Library
  • SlimChances
    • Apr 2005

Not sure if this helps but I use WINE to use the Windows GUI version of MusicIP on Ubuntu I use headless version also
    Logitech Media Server Version: 9.0.0 - 1711180501 @ Sun 24 Mar 2024 02:44:46 AM CET
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: aarch64-linux
    Database Version: SQLite​

Comment

• chaug
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by SlimChances
      Not sure if this helps but I use WINE to use the Windows GUI version of MusicIP on Ubuntu I use headless version also
      Unfortunately, running Wine on a NAS is not an option...
      Players: Radio, Touch, Duet (Receiver & Controller), 2 Booms, Google Nest Hub (via chromecast plugin)
      Remote control apps: Material Skin (Web UI), but also SqueezePad (iOS), Squeezecontroller (Android)
      Important plugins: Trackstat, Spicefly Sugarcube, Lazy Search Music, Custom Browse, Multi Library

Comment

• rlem
        • May 2011

Hi, I'm in the same boat: running MIP headless on Ubuntu 12.04, so I am able to run Wine to create filters and edit the default.m3lib, but even in this case I get the "0 songs" message in the webinterface & a non-responsive "Reload Cache" button.
        @SlimChances - so, you're saying you can edit the .m3lib (create filters) in Wine and write them to cache in the Headless version? Then, I'm doing something wrong...

Fortunately the first tests with MIP and Spicefly in LMS are pretty promising, so that helps coping with the loss of SmartMix!
        1x Classic / 2x Radio / 2x Receiver / 1x DAC32 / LMS 8.3.0 - 1630708871 on Docker / Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
        http://www.last.fm/user/rndr

Comment

• SlimChances
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by rlem
          Hi, I'm in the same boat: running MIP headless on Ubuntu 12.04, so I am able to run Wine to create filters and edit the default.m3lib, but even in this case I get the "0 songs" message in the webinterface & a non-responsive "Reload Cache" button.
          @SlimChances - so, you're saying you can edit the .m3lib (create filters) in Wine and write them to cache in the Headless version? Then, I'm doing something wrong...
          Rather than creating filters I fingerprint and archive only the directories that I want included in MIP mixes. I have not edited the default.m3lib file. My directories are divided into 13 broad genres. I only scan 5 directories with MIP (for example I exclude my directories for Classical and Jazz but include Rock). I guess this is not ideal but I am satisfied with the mixes that LMS creates under MIP
          Last edited by SlimChances; 2016-06-09, 12:30.
          Logitech Media Server Version: 9.0.0 - 1711180501 @ Sun 24 Mar 2024 02:44:46 AM CET
          Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
          Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
          Platform Architecture: aarch64-linux
          Database Version: SQLite​

Comment

• downtime
            • Jan 2006

Success

I got this working by copying the default.m3lib from headless Ubuntu to Windows 10. Double-clicking opens the library in MusicIP Mixer. I created a filter, saved the library cache and copied the file back to Ubuntu. After restarting mmserver, the filter and all files show up and I'm listening to a Blues & Rock filtered mix.

I'm using MusicIP Mixer ver 1.8b under Windows. Ver 1.9 kept crashing.
            Last edited by downtime; 2016-08-13, 11:34.

Comment

• chaug
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by downtime
              I got this working by copying the default.m3lib from headless Ubuntu to Windows 10. Double-clicking opens the library in MusicIP Mixer. I created a filter, saved the library cache and copied the file back to Ubuntu. After restarting mmserver, the filter and all files show up and I'm listening to a Blues & Rock filtered mix.

I'm using MusicIP Mixer ver 1.8b under Windows. Ver 1.9 kept crashing.
              Interesting. I shall try that. Where did you download version 1.8 for windows?

Comment

• bakker_be
                • May 2009

Originally posted by chaug
                I'd like to know that as well ...
                Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
                Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
                Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

• HB64
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by chaug
                  Originally posted by bakker_be
                  I'd like to know that as well ...
                  I don't think downtime got it from there but here is a link to a copy of mine working version of MusicMixer1.8.1b, be careful with it you won't find anywhere else.
                  Last edited by HB64; 2016-08-17, 10:37.

Comment

• bakker_be
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by HB64
                    I don't think downtime got it from there but here is a link to a copy of mine working version of MusicMixer1.8.1b, be careful with it you won't find anywhere else.
                    Thanks!
                    Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
                    Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
                    Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

• downtime
                      • Jan 2006

I had it hanging around in some old backups. I see HB64 posted a link. Thanks.

Comment

• squeezebox_Fan
                        • Jun 2014

MusicIP Mixer GUI & headless

I am running MusicIP headless Mode on UBUNTU 10.04. I have also installed JAVA an the LINUX MusicIP GUI Version.
                        Make sure, both are using the same lib file and deactivat the Tivo, API and UPNP Service in the GUI version.

Than you can put new music to your LINUX system an open the GUI version and import the new music.
                        Thereafter the headless deamon uses the updated lib file after a restart.

In the GUI Version you can make your filters and you can even edit the recepies an use them as well.

here is my MusicIP start script for you:

#!/bin/bash

# export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-sun"

export JAVA_HOME="/opt/java/32/jre1.8.0"
                        '/media/hd/home/reel/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer' -anyimage -playlistcontrols -deutsch -fp 1.2 -slim &

If you are using MusicIP on WINDOWS and LINUX, then it is helpfull to use on both sides Version 1.6 to store the fingerprint within the file. If you analyse your music on windows with version 1.9b. Your LINUX version 1.6 does not read the fingerprint correct. At least that was a problem for me.

Maybe it helps you.

Greetings

Hardware: 1Touch,4Radio (3 with latest community firmware),1Boom,2SB3,PiCorePlayer
                        Players Software: squeezelite
                        Steuerung: MaterialSkin APP Android
                        Plugins: "Lesezeichen, Custom Browse, TrackStat; Custom Scan; Spicefly SugarCube​; LazySearch 2, JustCovers,PlayHLS;ENM for Dreambox, and more.

LMS 8.5.2 (32Bit) WINDOWS 10 22H2 64Bit & MusicIP 1.96Beta6

Comment

Working...