Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Unhappy Major issue with Squeeze Pad Config

I am looking for some support please.
    Having just installed Sqeeze Pad onto my IPad + it's streaming extra download. My Squeezebox and it's controller refuses to find anything other than the IPad; the player has vanished from the system and when it does appear refuses to connect to either Ethernet or Wireless.
    The IPad itself running Squeeze Pad should be able to switch between all three devices namely the Logitech controller, the Squeezebox and the IPad. it can only find the IPad.
    What am I doing wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by cranleigh bill View Post
    I am looking for some support please.
    Having just installed Sqeeze Pad onto my IPad + it's streaming extra download. My Squeezebox and it's controller refuses to find anything other than the IPad; the player has vanished from the system and when it does appear refuses to connect to either Ethernet or Wireless.
    The IPad itself running Squeeze Pad should be able to switch between all three devices namely the Logitech controller, the Squeezebox and the IPad. it can only find the IPad.
    What am I doing wrong!
    From your text I read that you use your own local server und have a Logitech Duet? Is your server running round the clock or just installed on some computer you turn on and off?

Your Squeezebox is either connected to your local server or to Logitech's
    MySqueezebox.com website. Unfortunately at first glance one does not notice where it is connected to because even when it's connected to MySqueezebox.com one can still stream internet radio.

So if your SqueezeBox is connected to MySqueezebox.com and SqueezePad is connected to your server, they won't 'see' each other.

This is easy to solve: If you navigate the menus on your Controller to play music from your local library, the Squeezebox connects back to your local server and you will be able to see it on SqueezePad (this will also make sure that any other network problem your Squeezebox might have will be resolved).
    Another way is to go to the settings-screen of SqueezePad and turn on the 'use mysqueezebox.com' option. SqueezePad will then look out on MySqueezebox.com to find your SqueezeBox. You won't be able to play your own music with this configuration though.

One of the next versions of SqueezePad will also look automatically on MySqueezebox.com to find your player, even if SqueezePad is configured to look only on your local server.

Hope this information gets you up and running again, if in doubt, don't hesitate to contact me via support again.
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2011-03-09 at 09:53.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Unhappy

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    The server at 127.0.0.1:9000 runs the whole time when the Squeezebox is needed.
    I tried your suggestion but could only find the IPad again in 'Players' the Squeezebox was listed but not connected. it seems that the squeezebox cannot see the main PC even though it is hard wired to it. It worked for all of five minutes this morning then crashed and would only stream to the IPad .
    What seems to be need is a manual way to force the Squeezebox to talk to the PC rather than just 'Find' it.
    One thing I am confused about is that the Library URL where all the music is stored is coming up labeled as 192.168.2.5, it is called tihe Squeeze box server in 'Squeeze Pad' should it be the same as Squeezebox Server I.e. 127.0.0.1.9000?
    Last edited by cranleigh bill; 2011-03-09 at 11:05. Reason: Left out vital info

Smile

127.0.0.1 is the special 'localhost' address which is only available on the server itself.
    192.168.2.5 is the 'official' name your server - any other devices calls it under this name.
    So this should be all right (given that I expect you only installed the server on a single computer).

If you want your Squeezebox to connect to your server, take your Controller, go to the home menu and surf to 'My Music' and 'Albums'. Your Controller/Squeezebox will then reconnect to your own server.
    It should then be visible in the players list of SqueezePad.

Is this not happening? What happens instead on your Controller?
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Thanks but the controller is not doing what it should. It recognises the SB then when asked to connect via Ethernet or WiFi it can do neither.

I'm afraid you need to contact official Logitech Support then.

You need a working Controller/Squeezebox first, before SqueezePad can be of any use.

The only thing that I can advise is to try a factory reset on the Controller (Turn it off with a long press on the power button, then hold the + key when you turn it on again). Maybe this helps but if not, I'm not the best to troubleshoot Squeezebox problems.

Sorry that I cannot be of much help here.

Problem reversed ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    I'm afraid you need to contact official Logitech Support then.

You need a working Controller/Squeezebox first, before SqueezePad can be of any use.

The only thing that I can advise is to try a factory reset on the Controller (Turn it off with a long press on the power button, then hold the + key when you turn it on again). Maybe this helps but if not, I'm not the best to troubleshoot Squeezebox problems.

Sorry that I cannot be of much help here.
    Hi,
    i have a related problem here, possibly quite the opposite but somehow related:
    I have a working connection between a Logitech Squeezebox touch and a Raspberry PI running piCore.
    When i use SqueezePad on my iPad, i have a choice between two clients: the iPad itself and the Logitech SqueezeBox touch.
    So where is the problem:
    1. When i select the Touch and want to select a title or album on the iPad, the app (or the server ??) switches to the iPad and the display is changed.
    I can go back to the Touch by selecting it in the dropdown. But randomly, the iPad entry would replace the Touch and the same thing happens again.
    How can i fix the selected player to "Touch" only, or how can i avoid the switching ?
    SqueezePad is a great product but this behavior drives my crazy !
    Thank you !