Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

disable toslink (digital audio) when off

Hi everybody, I need to switch the digital audio output of my duet off in order to let my amplifier detect and power itself off and on.
    I tried under Player>Audio>Turn Off Audio but nothing change, the light for the cable is still on even if I put the player off.
    I have also SB3 classic and SB2 and that option never work with the either.
    Is there an easy solution to this issue?
    Thanks in advance.

p.s. my server is running on qnap with version 7.9.1 - 1505480690

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Watts-Cleve.../dp/B001TPOACE

In fact I doubt even this would work. Not enough difference in current between "on" and "standby".

Or, just leave it on....

Or, last ditch.. write a plugin or just a plain old script that operates a WiFi controlled power outlet and syncs it to the power state of the player...?

(Energenie do wireless power sockets with a raspberry pi interface board for example.)
    Last edited by drmatt; 2018-04-04 at 14:27.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Thanks for the answer, so what's that option for? (Turn Off Audio)

In other words... There's *no* way to tell a Squeezebox to disable the audio out DACs while the power is present to the device. Your only option is to control the power of any connected devices manually (or, automatically, as per options given above).

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

Could I reach my goal with an homemade squeezebox like raspberry squeezelite?

I think almost all DACs provide a permanent sync out on their digital lines all the time. I think you're not going to be able to do it without putting the amp on a relay and controlling it with a Raspberry Pi.

Or just leave the amp on... seriously is it so bad?

--

Afaik it does not ( nor will it ever ) work on Touch.

It does work with SB3 even if the light and carrier signal is still on , I donít remember the details but properly designed equipment can sense if there is an audio signal or just the carrier .

Many designers of dacs and amps makes it to easy and just senses if there is anything at all light or electrical signal .

Thatís why you can get conflicting reports on this regarding the SB3 it works for some people.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post

Or just leave the amp on... seriously is it so bad?

The amp can listen to connected devices and change the input, sleep and awake by itself with other connected devices works but not with squeezebox that is still on and still sending signal.

Other digital streamers? In my experience it's common that the circuits don't go off in streamers, but most other devices yes. And analogue sensing is a pretty well understood thing so no issue there.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Afaik it does not ( nor will it ever ) work on Touch.

It does work with SB3 even if the light and carrier signal is still on , I donít remember the details but properly designed equipment can sense if there is an audio signal or just the carrier .
    I tried my sb3 unfortunately is the same.

I should try with a different device compatible with slim server. I was thinking about raspberry but I don't know if I can use toslink and the behaviour of the port in that case.