Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Radio turns on by itself. Any idea why?

Sometimes the Radio will come out of standby mode (displaying the time) and displays the menu screen. This happens randomly. Not a problem, but I am curious.

It also happened to my Touch last week, which is has not happened before.

My two radios are cooneected to Tiny LMS on the touch. I am running the most recent official version on the Touch.

Radio may be temporarily loosing it's connection to the server. Router set to a fixed channel?

This happens to me, too. I try to make sure that the playlist on the radio is fully ended before turning it off, otherwise it sometimes just starts to play where it left off. I think it might have to do with power fluctuations, as none of my SB devices are plugged into a UPC. Same thing appears to happen with the Touch.

I've come to routinely check the status of devices when I shut down things via the Android app. I may be turning off the Transporter for the night, and will run through the other devices to see if any are on. The Touch is often on, which I don't notice because it's across a different room (where the main tv is) and the display is off by default except when interacting with it. So I turn it off, and may not play through it or check for days, except when I decide to see what's on and it often is, again.

Because the Radio is by my work desk, I'll notice when the display is on, but it's probably responding to the same stimuli as the Touch. Transporter, Booms (and my Duet Receiver, when I had it up and running) don't do this.
    Last edited by RonM; 2016-04-29 at 06:13.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

I've had this for a while, but was never able to reproduce it at will. I
    think what finally "fixed" it for me was to shut down both player and
    server, and start again. Only restarting one of them didn't work, as the
    other end probably still had some state saved.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I've had this for a while, but was never able to reproduce it at will. I
    think what finally "fixed" it for me was to shut down both player and
    server, and start again. Only restarting one of them didn't work, as the
    other end probably still had some state saved.

--

Michael
    TinyLMS is not the most reliable. Sometimes it crashes, requiring a restart. More frequently I restart TinyLMS because the clock loses too much time. (I did activate the a program that supposed to solve this issue, but after several weeks the time loss will appear.). I don't have to restart the radios.

I can try the restart of the components. What is the restart order? Touch with TinyLMS first, then the radios.
    Last edited by P Nelson; 2016-04-29 at 17:14.

> I can try that. What is the restart order? Touch with TinyLMS first,
    > then the radios.

Yes, I'd say so.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by P Nelson View Post
    Sometimes the Radio will come out of standby mode (displaying the time) and displays the menu screen. This happens randomly. Not a problem, but I am curious.

It also happened to my Touch last week, which is has not happened before.

My two radios are cooneected to Tiny LMS on the touch. I am running the most recent official version on the Touch.
    I have the same issue for quite some time now. My setup is:

• Windows 8.1 PC running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 Snapshot from Sun May 1 2016 (running 24/7)
    • LocalPlayer plugin enabled on the Server
    • 1 x Squeezebox Classic v3 (wired)
    • 3 x Squeezebox Radio (wireless)
    • Players are all configured to start playing the last stream when powered on
    • Players all synchronized

The first thing i noticed was that one of the three radios randomly started to play. This happens randomly with all radios but not with the Classic. Sometimes it happened nearly every day, sometimes nothing happens for 30 days. One day i was staying in front of a radio and i saw that it restarted itself for some unknown reason. After the restart it started playing back the last title. There was nothing special to see in the debug logs. I think i also ssh'ed into the radio and did not see anyhing log related (not sure what i was looking into, might have been last_kmsg)

I decided to disable the auto playback when powering on the device because it was too annoying. However, there is still a problem left when synchronizing all players. As soon as one radio restarts, it is left in a "powered on" state, even if it was powered off before the restart, so what still happens is, when i start playing back something on one radio, all other radios that suffered from the restart also starts playing.

Then i tried installing a plugin called PowerSave which turns off the device when it was not playing back something for some user specified time. Unfortunately this plugin does not work when the device restarts itself. You need to manually turn the device off and on one time to make the plugin work.

This radio restart issue does not seem to be server related to me. Something happens on the radio that forces a restart. Might be wireless related. I had a lot of issues with wireless disconnects on my WNDR3700 router running OpenWRT and the radios (Google for "disconnected due to excessive missing ACKs" or "deauthenticated due to local deauth request"). One day one of the radios was not able to connect to my wifi network (red wifi icon) at all although it was able to find it it would not connect to it. I had to remove the network on the radio and re-add it again to make it connect, just to suffer 12 hours later from the same issue again. The two other radios did not have this issue. I fixed this for this radio by adding "disassoc_low_ack=0" and "ap_max_inactivity=60000" to the router wifi setting. Just google for more info about this.

However, there is also an issue with the server because the server does not seem to save the last state of the player. The player is always turned on when it restarts and registers itself on the server. I don't know if this is wanted behaviour but it would help a lot to have at least an option to "force turn off player when registering to server".

PS: image verification when posting is really annoying. I can barely read the numbers/letters... and once again "
    The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed.
    " ... bla bla bla...

This was your first post . Image verification goes away after a couple of post and you can start to post links and images .

This is to keep the spam bots out .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Happened to my radios and touch occasionally. They are actually restarted (reboot), not turned on. I hope someone find a solution for it.

I have this issue too - it's the only thing that isn't quite perfect about my Squeezebox setup.

I have two Radios, and it seems to be more common with the one that is cabled than the one that is connected via wifi.