Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Newbie here - need help with new setup

Hi guys! I'm sorry if this has been covered. I'm pretty new at this and I got really confused with all the squeezebox/plug/lite/mom jargon. I've pulled a lot of searches but couldn't find what I was looking for, but I'm pretty sure its because of the jargon and/or because its probably pretty basic stuff.

Here's the thing.

Right now, I have multiple Airplay speakers around the house. I have a Windows Compute Stick running 24/7 with an iTunes always open, streaming synced music all around the house. I can control the player through my phone and through a wireless remote, but I'd like to be able to control it through any web based computer, like my laptop, with which I work mostly, without using Remote Desktop.

So I've been looking at Volumio, RuneAudio, piCore, etc (headless player systems)... but I can't find anywhere if they can stream synced audio to multiple airplay systems (all I can find is that they can act as a receiver, which is not what I need).

TLDR: Can piCore or some other SqueezeXXXXX system stream to multiple airplay receivers in sync and work as a browser-controlled player?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if it was too long of a thread.

LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the thread for the stable (vs. experimental) release of Airplay Bridge plugin is here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...(squeeze2raop)
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    And the thread for the stable (vs. experimental) release of Airplay Bridge plugin is here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...(squeeze2raop)
    Thanks!
    Hey after reading a bit I see you have a similar sound system as I do... mind explaining what's your music server setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Macarelo View Post
    Thanks!
    Hey after reading a bit I see you have a similar sound system as I do... mind explaining what's your music server setup?
    Sure. What do you want to know more precisely?
    2 SB 3 • 1 PCP 7 • Libratone Loop, Zipp, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 8.1 (docker) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • Material Skin by Craig Drummond • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • BBC Sounds by Stuart McLean • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Are you running on an rpi? What software and plug-ins are you using exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Macarelo View Post
    Are you running on an rpi? What software and plug-ins are you using exactly?
    Not at all. I am running on a VM in a Poweredge server... I do have in mind setting up LMS on one of my Pis but I didn't come around to it yet.
    As for the plugins it is a matter of personal taste. This is what I use on the running server:
    Code:
    Name:                                   | Description                            | Author
    Additional Browse Modes (v1.0)          | Create additional browse modes to b... | Logitech
    AirPlay bridge (v0.1.0.6-dev-4)         | Use AirPlay compatible devices in L... | Philippe
    Auto Dim Display (v2.1.10)              | Set automatic display dimming, as f... | Eric Koldinger, Peter Watkins
    BBC iPlayer (v1.4.7)                    | Listen to BBC iPlayer Live and List... | 
    CDplayer (v1.08_7.3a)                   | The CDplayer plugin is designed to...  | bpa
    ContextMenu (v2.1.25)                   | ContextMenu provides a mechanism fo... | Peter Watkins
    Date and Time (v1.0)                    | Date and Time Screensaver              | Logitech
    Drag & drop music files to play (v0.1)  | This plugin allows you do drag and...  | Logitech
    Full text search (v1.0.0)               | This extension replaces the rather...  | Logitech
    ickStream (v0.1.1458289489058)          | The ickStream plugin makes the Logi... | ickStream GmbH
    IR-Blaster (v6.2.1)                     | IR-Blaster                             | GWENDESIGN
    Music, Walk With Me (v1.0.1)            | Transfer the playlist of one device... | Michael Herger
    Network Test (v1.0)                     | Network Test                           | Triode
    Playlist Manager (v6.1)                 | Provides functionality to add songs... | Philip Meyer
    PowerSave (v7.4)                        | Turns your player off after a set p... | Jason Holtzapple
    Random Mix (v1.0)                       | Jukebox For your Music                 | Logitech
    Remote Music Libraries (v1.0)           | Allow music playback from other Log... | Logitech
    Rescan Music Library (v1.0)             | Automatic Library Scanning             | Logitech
    Save Playlist (v1.0)                    | Save Playlists from the Player UI      | Logitech
    SaverSwitcher (v2.1.30)                 | Configure multiple screensavers for... | Peter Watkins
    Server Power Control (v20120427.163654) | Allows you to control your server's... | Gordon Harris
    Signal Generator (v1.2)                 | Signal generator plugin for creatin... |
    Smart Mix (v1.7.6)                      | Create Smart Mixes - powered by the... | Michael Herger
    Song Info (v1.1.3883)                   | The Song Info plugin makes it possi... | Erland Isaksson
    Song Lyrics (v1.1.3856)                 | The Song Lyrics plugin gets song ly... | Erland Isaksson
    Song Scanner (v2.0)                     | Player interface for jumping to arb... | Kevin Deane-Freeman, Logitech
    Visualizer Screensaver (v1.0)           | Visualizer Screensaver                 | Logitech
    Weather, Date and Time (v2.2.2)         | The weather data is retrieved from...  | Martin Rehfeld
    What Was That Tune? (v1.0.3)            | Keep a list of what's been playing...  | Michael Herger
    I think most plugins authored by "Logitech" are standard.
    There is another bunch that I use related to the fact I own SB3s, all hooked to IR-controlled amps.
    Then Airplay bridge to integrate Airplay players with perfect sync; Server power control to reboot LMS or the VM; Erland's and Michael's plugins help iPeng a lot; CD player because it is possible; BBC iPlayer for Radio 3.

What a great community.
    Last edited by epoch1970; 2016-04-29 at 09:07.

Damn, thanks a lot! I'll try to reasearch a bit more and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again!