Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FredericV
    • Dec 2019

Originally posted by mherger
    > Are new software player registrations locked out again?

No. At least mine show up :-D

--

Michael
    I did some testing on several OS

On fedora:

# cat server.log
    [19-12-13 20:22:59.9208] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1522157629, Fri Mar 30 12:23:41 CEST 2018) perl 5.018004 - i386-linux-thread-multi
    [19-12-13 20:23:36.9944] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (565) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
    [19-12-13 20:23:36.9950] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (185) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Timed out waiting for data (http://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    [19-12-13 20:23:36.9957] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (201) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Timed out waiting for data, will retry in 3000 (http://www.mysqueezebox.com)
    # curl http://www.mysqueezebox.com
    <html><body><p>This item has moved <a href="/index/Home">here</a>.</p></body></html>

and LMS on windows is more verbose, but it shows 503 errors:

[19-12-12 18:06:39.7224] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (622) Unable to login to SN: 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
    [19-12-12 18:06:41.1864] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (622) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data

Comment

• FredericV
      • Dec 2019

To eliminate if the problem is related to certain versions of LMS, I tried Daphile with the more recent 7.9.2, which can be booted from CD / ISO:

I'm getting the same issue:

Code:
      [19-12-09 12:17:03.5619] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, git776eb7c, Daphile 19.01-x86_64-rt) perl 5.026002 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
      [19-12-09 12:17:05.0286] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-09 12:17:05.1731] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-09 12:17:05.6312] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-09 12:17:05.7028] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-09 12:17:08.6075] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-09 12:17:08.6766] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-09 12:17:09.4739] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
      [19-12-09 12:17:11.3486] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (486) 5a:2a:39:29:e1:2d: request not dispatchable!
      [19-12-09 12:17:15.1934] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-09 12:17:15.2652] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-14 09:15:46.6818] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, git776eb7c, Daphile 19.01-x86_64-rt) perl 5.026002 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
      [19-12-14 09:15:48.0438] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-14 09:15:48.3099] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-14 09:15:48.9578] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-14 09:15:49.1367] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-14 09:15:52.0190] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-14 09:15:52.0845] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-14 09:15:52.8430] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
      [19-12-14 09:15:58.2302] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
      [19-12-14 09:15:58.3017] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
      [19-12-14 09:20:12.5261] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (486) 5a:b0:f0:62:7a:98: request not dispatchable!
      [19-12-14 09:21:03.4119] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (576) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
      [19-12-14 09:21:03.4142] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (185) Unable to login to mysqueezebox.com, sync is disabled: Timed out waiting for data (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
      [19-12-14 09:21:03.4159] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_init_error (201) mysqueezebox.com sync init failed: Timed out waiting for data, will retry in 300 (https://www.mysqueezebox.com)
      [19-12-14 09:21:33.1376] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (576) Unable to login to SN: Timed out waiting for data
      So maybe there's an outage?

The exact same issue appears on:

- official Windows version of LMS, for the rest completely stock, with just the mysb account entered
      - same for fedora + LMS 7.9.1
      - same for daphile + LMS 7.9.2 - also stock with no special plugins or config, except for the mysb account entered

I do not understand why a stock version of LMS would send too many requests (e.g. in case of windows)?

When entering the correct password in the mysqueezebox.com tab it does not complain (and none of the versions tried complain). When entering the wrong password, it immediately complains:

Invalid mysqueezebox.com username or password. (Invalid mysqueezebox.com username or password.)

So the authentication part of mysqueezebox.com works (otherwise you would not get feedback if you entered a correct or wrong password), but then something goes wrong in further requests most likely during the player sync?

Comment

• mhr
        • Dec 2009

Hi All,

Please forgive the following questions if they are answered elsewhere. If so, please direct me there.

I have two Logitech squeeze players registered at www.mysqueezebox.com (MSBC):
        1) a Duet, and
        2) a Touch.

I run both players without a Logitech Media Server (LMS) and am able to stream services like the Pandora "free account" without trouble.

If I build a new software player based on the Raspberry Pi and picoreplayer, will I be able to stream the Pandora "free account" as I do today?

Or, is it true that only Logitech hardware registered with MSBC is capable of streaming apps like Pandora?

If a new software player is capable of streaming MSBC apps, what else may be required for that capability to be implemented?

I look forward to all feedback and guidance.

Thank you,

mhr

Comment

• mherger
          Babelfish's Best Boy
          • Apr 2005

Please read: software players &amp;mysqueezebox.com

> If I build a new software player based on the Raspberry Pi and
          > picoreplayer, will I be able to stream the Pandora "free account" as I
          > do today?

No.

> Or, is it true that only Logitech hardware registered with MSBC is
          > capable of streaming apps like Pandora?

You'll need to run LMS (which you can do n the same Pi).

--

Michael
          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
          (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• mhr
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by mherger
            > If I build a new software player based on the Raspberry Pi and
            > picoreplayer, will I be able to stream the Pandora "free account" as I
            > do today?

No.

> Or, is it true that only Logitech hardware registered with MSBC is
            > capable of streaming apps like Pandora?

You'll need to run LMS (which you can do n the same Pi).

--

Michael
            Hi Michael,

Thank you kindly for such a prompt reply. Just a small clarification to ensure my understanding is correct.

If I build a new software player and run it without LMS then it is not possible to stream free accounts like Pandora?

If I build a new software player and run it with LMS then it is possible to stream free accounts like Pandora?

Does this reflect the situation correctly?

mhr

Comment

• artatgray
              • Sep 2022

Any reason to access mysqeezebox.com with an only software player setup?

Hi all,

I'm a new user of LMS and a bit confused regarding the necessity of mysqeezebox.com if I'm only using software players.

Can I safely deactivate its plugin on my server, and if so, will I lose any functionality?

Thanks in advance,
              Bill... 😎
              Some friends, associates and I run a Facebook group dedicated to music streaming technologies and you're all welcome to join us:

https://facebook.com/groups/hifiaudiostreaming/

Comment

• Redrum
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by artatgray
                Hi all,

I'm a new user of LMS and a bit confused regarding the necessity of mysqeezebox.com if I'm only using software players.

Can I safely deactivate its plugin on my server, and if so, will I lose any functionality?

Thanks in advance,
                Bill... ��
                yes, you can disable it in LMS (**edit, I think this is wrong), but, it may be needed for account authentication for some services (Tidal and Pandora, there are others). I don't use any of these services, so I am unsure if you disable mysb.com access, does LMS access your mysb.com anyway (for authentification). Either way, it needs you un and pw in LMS.

The original intent of mysb.com way back when, was to provide "out of the box" functionality to sb devices. You could load, sign up, and stream radio, pandora, bbc, npr, etc., without having to have LMS installed on something (like a PC or am mac). Then, LMS could provide more functionality, such as your own local music. Development of mysb.com was stopped 10 years ago, and LMS has made huge strides. But, if you want to take say a radio to a friend's house, or on vacation, it's still useful.

Jim

edit ** - I thought you could disable access in LMS, but when I looked into it, you can't (oops)
                Last edited by Redrum; 2022-09-28, 12:59.

Comment

• artatgray
                  • Sep 2022

Originally posted by Redrum
                  yes, you can disable it in LMS, but, it may be needed for account authentication for some services (Tidal and Pandora, there are others). I don't use any of these services, so I am unsure if you disable mysb.com access, does LMS access your mysb.com anyway (for authentification). Either way, it needs you un and pw in LMS.

The original intent of mysb.com way back when, was to provide "out of the box" functionality to sb devices. You could load, sign up, and stream radio, pandora, bbc, npr, etc., without having to have LMS installed on something (like a PC or am mac). Then, LMS could provide more functionality, such as your own local music. Development of mysb.com was stopped 10 years ago, and LMS has made huge strides. But, if you want to take say a radio to a friend's house, or on vacation, it's still useful.

Jim

Thanks Jim... 😎
                  Some friends, associates and I run a Facebook group dedicated to music streaming technologies and you're all welcome to join us:

https://facebook.com/groups/hifiaudiostreaming/

Comment

• Redrum
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by artatgray
                    Thanks Jim... 😎
                    thanks for giving you some wrong info!!! See my edit...

sorry
                    Jim

Comment

• bpa
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Redrum
                      thanks for giving you some wrong info!!! See my edit...
                      You may have been thinking of the "--nomysqueezebox" command line option. I'm not sure exactly what integration it stops - IIRC it was created in case mysqueezebox service is shutdown.

Comment

• Redrum
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by bpa
                        You may have been thinking of the "--nomysqueezebox" command line option. I'm not sure exactly what integration it stops - IIRC it was created in case mysqueezebox service is shutdown.
                        not sure even I knew what I was thinking...but as another thread developed, I realized I was I was in error . So, I fixed it!

Jim

Comment

Working...