Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS doesn't log me in to Pandora

I was having this problem using an earlier version of LMS running under VortexBox. After having no problem playing Pandora, I started receiving "You must be a subscriber to use Pandora from this device" from clicking on My Apps > Pandora.

So I reinstalled the OS (went to Linux Mint) and put on the logitechmediaserver service. It's fine, it is presently scanning my music folder and has found my players.

But it also won't connect to Pandora, I still get "You must be a subscriber to use Pandora from this device"

I am a subscriber. If I go to Pandora.com and log in with my credentials, it recognizes me. If I got to mysqueezebox.com I can log in with the same credentials. And in LMS I can put those same credentials into Settings > mysqueezebox.com and it does not complain.

I also have a Pandora app on my Linux laptop computer ("Pithos") which connects to pandora.com using the same credentials. Same for the Pandora app on my Roku.

Somehow, when LMS tries to connect to Pandora, it fails.

Ideas?

You need Pandora One. The paid pandora service. Check you're squeezelite --version, if it's a newer version it won't support the Mac spoofing VB was using

Quote Originally Posted by Girth View Post
    You need Pandora One. The paid pandora service. Check you're squeezelite --version, if it's a newer version it won't support the Mac spoofing VB was using
    I have two players connected to LMS: a squeezelite version 1.7 on Linux, and the Squeeze Player app on an Android tablet. How does MAC spoofing fit into this? Is LMS expecting the MAC address from my long-ago-failed Squeezebox to play my stations?

I also don't understand why I need Pandora One to listen to my existing Pandora stations on LMS (via either squeezelite or Squeeze Player), but not on my Roku or the Pithos app on my Linux computer.

Quote Originally Posted by JackElliott View Post
    I have two players connected to LMS: a squeezelite version 1.7 on Linux, and the Squeeze Player app on an Android tablet. How does MAC spoofing fit into this? Is LMS expecting the MAC address from my long-ago-failed Squeezebox to play my stations?

I also don't understand why I need Pandora One to listen to my existing Pandora stations on LMS (via either squeezelite or Squeeze Player), but not on my Roku or the Pithos app on my Linux computer.
    I think it is based on some sort of deal logitech made with Pandora. Free pandora will play on HARDWARE squeezeboxes, but I know it won't play on certain software emulated squeezeboxes. It's a Pandora restriction, not a logitech restriction. And don't ask for logic when it comes to the deals streaming companies ask for from different vendors. Sometimes there is no rhyme nor reason.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

LMS doesn't log me in to Pandora

> I have two players connected to LMS: a squeezelite version 1.7 on Linux,
    > and the Squeeze Player app on an Android tablet. How does MAC spoofing
    > fit into this?

It doesn't. Please don't spoof MAC addresses. It's a bad thing and will
    sooner or later cause problems. Eg. us blocking all software players.
    You don't want to go there.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I think it is based on some sort of deal logitech made with Pandora. Free pandora will play on HARDWARE squeezeboxes, but I know it won't play on certain software emulated squeezeboxes. It's a Pandora restriction, not a logitech restriction. And don't ask for logic when it comes to the deals streaming companies ask for from different vendors. Sometimes there is no rhyme nor reason.
    That's the way the cookie crumbles, then. Very well, I will listen to my Pandora channels with other software than LMS. For classical music, Pandora One ain't worth the $5 USD/mo. price, as Pandora's classical music channels are pretty pitiful.

At least now I know why I can't get to Pandora through LMS. Thanks for the help!

BTW, no MAC address spoofery will be attempted, I don't even know the MAC address of my failed Squeezebox anyway.
    Last edited by JackElliott; 2016-03-23 at 06:54. Reason: clarification