Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Any way to setup duet receiver without controller?

Ive used an app on my cell phone for years and it worked fine until I factory reset my duet by accident. My receiver now is off line. Anyone know if there is a way to set up without a real controller? Mine is shot - bad LCD
    Thanks!!!

Absent the Duet's Controller there are two ways to setup a Duet's
    Receiver. SqueezeConfig (via Android) and NET:UDAP (via computer).
    You can find both via a search of these forums.

Try this:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...iguration-tool

Net::UDP

Worked well for me a couple of times on a Classic with a bad display.

Getting closer

Thanks guys. Toby I tried the Android version (the other looked out of my league). It looks like it located my receiver. It went from Green to blue and program says wait slim server. What do I do next? I still can't find receiver on mysqueezebox and can't connect via apps. THANKS!!!

Squeezebox server address

Was wondering...the squeeze config shows a squeezebox server address as 0.0.0.0. Should that be changed

Try putting in the address of your server, usually something like 192.168.?.? This is just a guess since I know nothing about the android version. That said, I've never understood how the receiver/classic, etc finds the server. In my experience sometimes it finds the server without know the address, and other times it needs the address. Thus, I have my server on a fixed address, and that address entered on the classic.

In back in business

Thanks guys,!!! That udap worked like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeh49 View Post
    Try putting in the address of your server, usually something like 192.168.?.? This is just a guess since I know nothing about the android version. That said, I've never understood how the receiver/classic, etc finds the server. In my experience sometimes it finds the server without know the address, and other times it needs the address. Thus, I have my server on a fixed address, and that address entered on the classic.
    The server broadcast at udp port 3483 to the players . If they are not on the same network and subnet or for example a firewall blocks port 3483 or you shut off udp this does not work .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

How to connect to mysqueezebox

Hi everyone,

Using the advice in this thread, I was able to configure the network settings on a Squeezebox receiver using the UDAP application. I can stream music from the receiver when it's connected to my local SqueezeServer. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get the receiver to connect to mysqueezebox.com. Does anyone know how to connect the receiver to mysqueezebox.com without the Duet remote.

FYI, my Duet remote has been toast for some time now and I've been using iPeng to control the receiver. It's worked great until I accidentally did a factory reset on the receiver. :-(

http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-th...configuration/

First page includes switching to MySB.com

Also you can switch player from LMS to MySB.com using LMS. But absent a controller (like iPeng or other) I don't think there is any way to switch back to LMS.
    Last edited by toby10; 2018-10-22 at 01:45.