Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bpa
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by stefano-mbp

It’s not a C-3PO issue, it is a LMS issue … 8.3.1 works fine while 8.4.x and beyond doesn’t work … and the C-3PO version is exactly the same, therefore something in lms 8.4.x is broken/bugged … and unfortunately there isn’t any hint in any log
    LMS changes between version sometimes breaking plugins to add functionality (i.e. add releases to database, support removal of mysqueezebox.com)
    The plugin has to keep up with the LMS changes.
    The C-3PO repo has not been updated for 4 years.
    Contact plugin author - they were on the forum recently.

You have not provided any logs to allow any body help you.
    As I said before sometimes it is the message that are missing that show the problem (i.e. the hint is the LACK of a message)

Enable LMS & C-3PO (as I think it is a special executable) logging for both system and post full logs to show the difference in handling.

Comment

• mherger
      Babelfish's Best Boy
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by stefano-mbp

It’s not a C-3PO issue, it is a LMS issue … 8.3.1 works fine while 8.4.x and beyond doesn’t work … and the C-3PO version is exactly the same, therefore something in lms 8.4.x is broken/bugged … and unfortunately there isn’t any hint in any log
      Why don't you ask the C-3PO author for confirmation? For a report about how 8.4 does break his plugin?

Maybe the plugin doesn't work because the author decided not to have it work on future LMS versions before having tested compatibility. And then he run out of time to do the update on his end.
      Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
      (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• roots5
        • Mar 2024

I am trying to play DSF file using C-3PO. And faced the issue it is much slower than DSDPlayer when doing conversion to PCM, and this is causing music to breack-up since CPU usage is very high. I wonder why and if I can fix it via tweaking some options, or may be this is due to SOX binary is not optimized comparing to embeded SOX into DSDPlayer.

Resulting command liens are:

>dsdplay -R v -r 88200 <file>
        >sox -q -t dsf <file> -t wav -b 24 --buffer 32768 - lowpass -1 50000 gain -h rate -v -I -b 90.7 -f 88200

And for some reason SOX one is very CPU consuming and causing music interrupts. Any advice is appreciated

Comment

Working...