Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amatala View Post
    Hi!! little question for you, you seem to be able to use c3po with any type of input. How have you done that? I've tried on raspbian and on my mac but I just don't have those formats.. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuleberbu View Post
    Hi!! little question for you, you seem to be able to use c3po with any type of input. How have you done that? I've tried on raspbian and on my mac but I just don't have those formats.. Am I missing something?
    Are faad and flac installed? What input types do you have?
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Post a screen shot of your WebUI Settings/Advanced/Filetypes so we can see what you current system looks like ?

IIRC C3PO does not add any more file formats than is available in LMS - it just adds a little more flexibility in the application of transcoding.

I didn't do anything, this is how it came out of the box. But I only have FLAC files in my collection so I didn't test it with any other formats.

Quote Originally Posted by amatala View Post
    I have only replaced return 0 by return 'exe' at the end so that the test is always successful even if the call to the exe file is failing. The rest of the comments where already there.

#return 0;
    return 'exe';

So far it seems to be working fine for me, I don't know what is the purpose of that exe file, I'm sure Marco will help us properly when he is back, but as long as the sox command gets generated successfully, it's fine for me until then.
    Hi sorry to not being responsive in those days, but too bad I miss time for hobbies.

BTW

the exe file is the same as the executable C-3PO.PL in linux. Is involved when you select more than one possible output sample rate depending on input.

Obviously is supposed to work..., if not, my fault. I'll have a look.

The workaround is to just select only one output sample rate, like that:

Name:  Cattura.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  220.1 KB
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2020-06-09 at 04:36.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    Hi sorry to not being responsive in those days, but too bad I miss time for hobbies.

BTW

the exe file is the same as the executable C-3PO.PL in linux. Is involved when you select more than one possible output sample rate depending on input.

Obviously is supposed to work..., if not, my fault. I'll have a look.

The workaround is to just select only one output sample rate, like that:
    Just glad to hear you are OK, in these troubled times
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

I have been experiencing the same bug, although it was with the bruteFIR plugin. Setting sound attenuation resulted in an increase in loudness. It seems like a small bug

I managed to enable attenuation through the squeezelite setting directly.
    IN C-3PO you have gain, that is linear like the one in squeezelite and Loudness.

Loudness is not linear, it applies the Isophonic curve:

Name:  Curve_isofoniche.svg.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  117.4 KB

The rationale is:

1. select the SPL where you 'perceive' your speakers as 'linear' (i.e. 60phon).
    2. apply a gain variation i.e. -20db

the resulting level is not a 'plain' reduction of 20db at all the frequencies, but some frequencies are reduced more than other, resulting in loudness, that is meant to 'preserve' the same perception (or EQ) you have when listening at 60db.

In that example, at 60phon 200Hz are at 60db as 1000Hz are, but at 40phon (resulting from the attenuation of 20phon) they are 'louder', more or less 42db. The opposite for 500Hz, that is a bit 'louder' at 60phon than at 40.

Posing the reference at 60, 40 or 80phon is arbitrary, you could select any of them, the result will change a little, being the differences form 100 and 80 different from the ones between 60 and 40, but, usually, an attenuation is resulting in more 'loud' where a positive gain will result in a flatter line.

SOX has a caveat with loudness: the 'balance' of the two channels it often changes a bit, so you'll have to compensate using per channel volume controls.

Loudness is not my 'preferred' way to EQ, the one I prefer is 'shelving EQ' (Treble and Bass command) that works like the good old' tone controls' in amplifiers, just remember to always use attenuation.

I.e.

Treble -3 160 results in a moderate boost of bass.

Treble -2 160 Treble -2 630 Treble +2 10000 is a very little loudness

Please note that the +2 is after two consecutive -2, so the resulting absolute correction at 10.000Hz and over is -2.

Never be able to understand if the gain value is expressed in db or what. To me is smaller than db, but never measured.

here some details: http://sox.sourceforge.net/sox.html
    about isophonic curves: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Marco lives a fair way towards the North in Italy (he says in his signature that he lives in Albinea). As I am sure everyone knows, things have been very tough there.

I just hope he is well. marcoc1712 - keep well and safe!

As I understand it, very little that his plugin does can't be done by modifying custom-convert.conf files oneself. This may be a time for many of us to find out (or try to remember in my case) how to do this.

Meanwhile for amatala, maybe trying going back to LMS 7.9.2? One line says it can't find "Audio/scan.pm" which looks serious to me. Maybe something not right in the Windows 10 LMS installation?
    Hello and thanks to you all, i'm fine, just being too busy becouse the COVID emergency, no time left for hobbies. Hope is going to better now.

BTW "Unable to run C-3PO transcoder see server log." as someone of you have already pointe don't is caused by either Audio/Scan.pm o r the executable it uses bein g not where C-3PO is looking for it.

I already faced this problem with newer versions of PERL user by some Linux distros, I'll check it out.

in the meanwhile, the workaround Is to enable ONE and ONLY ONE output sample rate, this way:

Name:  Cattura.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  220.1 KB

Other messages:

StdIn (es. Qobuz) enabled, will resample at the max allowed sample rate.
    Player is not Squeezelite, assuming is compliant.

are just warnings, the first is because a 'feature' (to me is a bug, but...) in transcodingHelper in LMS that prevent 'navigate' the stream when coming from STDIN, the other is because your client is not recognized as being Squeezelite-R2, so you have to check -W is enabled in command line (if using Ralphy version) or whatever else in other versions (nothing is necessary using Daphile, it already enables R2 mods).

I'll have a look at the plugin ASAP, please forgive me if it will not be in hours.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Just glad to hear you are OK, in these troubled times
    Yes, I'm fine, but that was terrible and we were not prepared at that. Hope is gone but ...cross your fingers.