Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Resample spotify

Not sure if this has been asked and answered, Could not find it though, but why can the spotty streams, or lossy formats in general, not be upsampled? Is it just that it was not build into the plugin logic or is there another restriction?
    It seems that if I resample on the player in squeezelite, all streams are being resampled?

Thanks for any clarification!

C-3PO plugin, a trnscoding helper.

Quote Originally Posted by Huey11 View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked and answered, Could not find it though, but why can the spotty streams, or lossy formats in general, not be upsampled? Is it just that it was not build into the plugin logic or is there another restriction?
    It seems that if I resample on the player in squeezelite, all streams are being resampled?

Thanks for any clarification!
    Sorry, Huey, I’m not the developer, but as I understand it is, C-3PO is made very specifically for High Resolution, or at least lossless Audio. Not sure if there is any benefit in upsampling lossy formats. But if Squeezelite does it, why not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Server: LMS 7.9.2 - 0011.1527861596 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4000, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1+2

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    Sorry, Huey, I’m not the developer, but as I understand it is, C-3PO is made very specifically for High Resolution, or at least lossless Audio. Not sure if there is any benefit in upsampling lossy formats. But if Squeezelite does it, why not.

Ok, makes sense I guess. (Edit: #28 indeed confirms this as developers choice). I just noticed that squeezelite upsampling seems to confuse my DAC when using spotty, or that is what it seems like currently. Need to further investigate to get to a foolproof working situation!

The whole sox filtering made easy is indeed a very nice feature of this plugin.

(Also I must admit that I need to do some careful listening sessions to determine whether upsampling and filtering adds something anyway...)
    Last edited by Huey11; 2019-12-15 at 10:20.

The Plugin is now available again in the third-party plugin list, thanks to Michael.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post

Exactly, was a chioice not to handle lossy formats in C-3PO.
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I can host C3PO in the edo repository until you get your domain sorted.
    Can you provide me with an official zip and repository.xml file if you have them? Otherwise I can use the file that PasTim kindly provided to make it.
    Thanks, Ralphy but I was able to use gitHub releases to handle the job, and now is back in the thrid-party plugin list.

Resample output rates

Hi, so I managed to read through the whole thread. Enlightening on parts, but as I just thought I understand it now turns out I still do not...

So to keep it simple: I would like to start to upsample all my flacs. I kept most settings default, even the enable stdin, target sample rate at closest synchronous supported and I checked all output sample rates up until 192000 (my spdif limit).
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 45
Size:  34.8 KB
    So indeed I see the sox cmd piped to the flac in the resulting command:
    Code:
    flc pcm * [mac address here]
    # I noArgs, D RESAMPLE=-r %d, R noArgs, F noArgs

[flac] -dcs --totally-silent $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t wav -b 24 --buffer 8192 - gain -h rate -v -I -b 90.7 -f 192000
    and in the pcp_squeezelite.log I can see all flacs upsampled to 192000. Whether I throw a 44.1kHz, 48, 88.2 or 192 at it.

So now I disable the stdin, resulting command:
    Code:
    flc pcm * [mac address here]
    # F noArgs, R noArgs, D RESAMPLE=-r %d

[C-3PO] -c $CLIENTID$ -p "/srv/squeezebox/prefs/plugin/C3PO.prefs" -l "/srv/squeezebox/logs" -x "/usr/sbin" -i flc -o wav $START$ $END$ $RESAMPLE$ $FILE$
    I would now expect that it would resample to 176400 (although reading in the thread I even got the impression since I also checked 88200 this is closest, so it might become this). In effect though: nothing happens.

So I uncheck all target sample rates except 176400 and 192000 (3CPO.log at lms mentions them as true/1, $maxsamplerate 192000). I would expect upsampling to 176400 but in effect again: nothing happens.

Only when I check only 176400 or 192000 (resulting command mentions the explicit one target sample rate) I get sound again...

So is my expectation that the source file is inspected, a multiple that matches the highest target sample rate allowed is chosen (ie 176400 for 44.1/88.2, 192000 for 48/96) and used as as target sample rate wrong?

And if not: where am I going wrong in my settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Huey11 View Post
    Only when I check only 176400 or 192000 (resulting command mentions the explicit one target sample rate) I get sound again...

So is my expectation that the source file is inspected, a multiple that matches the highest target sample rate allowed is chosen (ie 176400 for 44.1/88.2, 192000 for 48/96) and used as as target sample rate wrong?

And if not: where am I going wrong in my settings?
    I never quite got this sorted either.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

> [19-12-16 13:44:42.5370] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::_downloadDone
    > (194) digest does not match
    > /srv/squeezebox/cache/DownloadedPlugins/C3PO.zip - C3PO will not be
    > installed

Marco - make sure you add the version number to the archive, or
    something else which makes the different releases unique. Otherwise
    you'll see this kind of issue where browser serve up an old copy from
    the cache.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    Thanks, Ralphy but I was able to use gitHub releases to handle the job, and now is back in the thrid-party plugin list.
    Hi Marco,

Nice, now got it installed again in a "normal" way. Unfortunately your binary deployment misses the executable bit so I fall back to perl again.
    Maybe a good idea to add the executable permission to the file in the repository (if that sticks when deploying), to avoid that: "ERROR
    Unable to run C-3PO transcoder, fault back to PERL. See server log" message?

Regards!