Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DomieMic65
    • Jul 2019

Originally posted by marcoc1712
    The late 2009 Mac Mini with his Os (or even a newer one) is one of the best music machines I ever had, to me, much better than the PI, it's a pity to use it just as the server!
    BTW, no needs to install Linux on it, LMS (and C-3PO) works flawlessly on macOs.

In gentooPLayer at moment is not possible to discern the actual sample rate, but even in other OSs when using STDIN (needed for Qobuz) everything is always upsampled to the maximun selcted sample rate, so, if you only have i.e 44.1 and 96 material, selecting both (or only 96 in gentooPlayer) will result in upsampling to 96Khz of 44.1 material and 'native' playback of 96KHz, but if you also have some 88.2 or 48, they will be upsampled to 96Khz.

This is because of a limit in LMS when using STDIN that could not be infringed by C-3PO as per it is today.

Push Filippo to work on that :-)!
    Very interesting info about Mac mini! I have seen you are mentioning it to your pages too!
    As I read elsewhere in these forums LMS doesn't work very well in older MacOS that the 2009 mini supports. I don't remember exactly the reason now!

How would you suggest to use it? For LMS and S.liteR2? Only for S.lite?
    Thanks a lot!!
    Main system: Synology DS115j/RPi4B4GB(LMS)/RPi3B+[LnrPS](S.lite)/RME ADI-2 DAC fs/Densen DM20&30/Spendor SP2/3E
    Head-Fi: Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Alum/Audeze Sine.
    Aditional HW: Allo DigiOne, iFi iDefender, iPurifier, iPower

Comment

• marcoc1712
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by DomieMic65
      Very interesting info about Mac mini! I have seen you are mentioning it to your pages too!
      As I read elsewhere in these forums LMS doesn't work very well in older MacOS that the 2009 mini supports. I don't remember exactly the reason now!

How would you suggest to use it? For LMS and S.liteR2? Only for S.lite?
      Thanks a lot!!

I was using it as the player, I always ran LMS on a debian machine, but I had LMS (and squeezelite) running on a 2009 mac book air for a while for demo purpose, so I'm quite sure you could run LMS also on the mini.

As the player, mac sounds 'bolder' than any other machine, Is nice but I prefer Linux and gentoo among others, never tried to run gentoo on the mac hw, but should be possible.
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Comment

• DomieMic65
        • Jul 2019

I was using it as the player, I always ran LMS on a debian machine, but I had LMS (and squeezelite) running on a 2009 mac book air for a while for demo purpose, so I'm quite sure you could run LMS also on the mini.

As the player, mac sounds 'bolder' than any other machine, Is nice but I prefer Linux and gentoo among others, never tried to run gentoo on the mac hw, but should be possible.
        I saw the S.lite R2 OS X image you have on your github but I can not open it.
        What should I do?
        Main system: Synology DS115j/RPi4B4GB(LMS)/RPi3B+[LnrPS](S.lite)/RME ADI-2 DAC fs/Densen DM20&30/Spendor SP2/3E

Comment

• marcoc1712
          • Dec 2009

I saw the S.lite R2 OS X image you have on your github but I can not open it.
          What should I do?
          thatìs strange, what processor is your mini?
          Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Comment

• DomieMic65
            • Jul 2019

thatìs strange, what processor is your mini?
            OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan
            Late 2009
            Intel core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz
            8GB RAM
            SSD

It downloaded as .dms file.
            Renaming to .dmg didn’t work.

Comment

• marcoc1712
              • Dec 2009

OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan
              Late 2009
              Intel core 2 Duo 2.53Ghz
              8GB RAM
              SSD

It downloaded as .dms file.
              Renaming to .dmg didn’t work.
              ? how did you downloaded it?

You should just put this: https://github.com/marcoc1712/squeez...ezelite-R2-osx somewhere in your system give correct permission to it and run it.

Comment

• DomieMic65
                • Jul 2019

? how did you downloaded it?

You should just put this: https://github.com/marcoc1712/squeez...ezelite-R2-osx somewhere in your system give correct permission to it and run it.
                I downloaded this exact file you mention. It downloaded as .dms
                What do you mean “put it in my system”? How is this done?
                Excuse my ignorance...
                Thank you!

Comment

• marcoc1712
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by mherger
                  >> You should just put this:
                  >> https://github.com/marcoc1712/squeez...ezelite-R2-osx
                  >> somewhere in your system give correct permission to it and run it.

>
                  > I downloaded this exact file you mention. It downloaded as .dms

Remove the .dms extension and make it executable by running "chmod a+x
                  ~/Downloads/squeezelite-R2-osx" in the terminal window (make sure you
                  pick the right path, should it no longer be in your downloads folder.

--

Michael
                  Exactly, thx Michael..

Comment

• DomieMic65
                    • Jul 2019

Originally posted by mherger
                    >> You should just put this:
                    >> https://github.com/marcoc1712/squeez...ezelite-R2-osx
                    >> somewhere in your system give correct permission to it and run it.

>
                    > I downloaded this exact file you mention. It downloaded as .dms

Remove the .dms extension and make it executable by running "chmod a+x
                    ~/Downloads/squeezelite-R2-osx" in the terminal window (make sure you
                    pick the right path, should it no longer be in your downloads folder.

--

Michael
                    Exactly, thx Michael..
                    Thank you both!!
                    I will try and report back!

Comment

• DomieMic65
                      • Jul 2019

Done... it is "Unix executable" file ... and now?

"Open"ing it opens terminal with this msg:
                      "WARNING: 140:This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h."

Comment

• ralphy
                        • Jan 2006

"Open"ing it opens terminal with this msg:
                        "WARNING: 140:This application, or a library it uses, is using the deprecated Carbon Component Manager for hosting Audio Units. Support for this will be removed in a future release. Also, this makes the host incompatible with version 3 audio units. Please transition to the API's in AudioComponent.h."
                        To fix this you need to apply the attached patch to a current portaudio source tree and add -DAUDIO_COMPONENT_FIX=1 to CFLAGS during auto configure.

Code:
                        CFLAGS="-O3 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk -arch x86_64 -DAUDIO_COMPONENT_FIX=1" \
                        CPPFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" \
                        CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" \
                        LDFLAGS="-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7" \
                        ./configure --disable-mac-universal --disable-cxx
                        Then rebuild squeezelite r2 against the new portaudio library.
                        Attached Files
                        Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
                        Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

• DomieMic65
                          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by ralphy
                          To fix this you need to apply the attached patch to a current portaudio source tree and add -DAUDIO_COMPONENT_FIX=1 to CFLAGS during auto configure.

Code:
                          CFLAGS="-O3 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk -arch x86_64 -DAUDIO_COMPONENT_FIX=1" \
                          CPPFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" \
                          CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}" \
                          LDFLAGS="-Wl,-syslibroot,/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7" \
                          ./configure --disable-mac-universal --disable-cxx
                          Then rebuild squeezelite r2 against the new portaudio library.
                          I'm very sorry but I don't know the procedure to do all that!
                          I do not even know what a port audio source tree is, how to access it and how to add the above code.
                          And of course the squeezelite r2 rebuild!
                          If you or anyone else can help with the exact how to, I would be grateful!!
                          Thank you!!!

Comment

• marcoc1712
                            • Dec 2009

I'm very sorry but I don't know the procedure to do all that!
                            I do not even know what a port audio source tree is, how to access it and how to add the above code.
                            And of course the squeezelite r2 rebuild!
                            If you or anyone else can help with the exact how to, I would be grateful!!
                            Thank you!!!
                            I'll probably do that sooner or later, but now I miss the mac to do that by my self. To get a 'ready to play' version you could use the Ralphy's one with -W instead.

R2 is not meant as an alternate built, it was born from the same Triode version and got support to DSD playback earlier, that's why it survived, them
                            it misses (and it will never have) all the functionalities included in newer versions of Ralphy squeezelte, because I like more to keep it 'light'.

Comment

• DomieMic65
                              • Jul 2019

I'll probably do that sooner or later, but now I miss the mac to do that by my self. To get a 'ready to play' version you could use the Ralphy's one with -W instead.

R2 is not meant as an alternate built, it was born from the same Triode version and got support to DSD playback earlier, that's why it survived, them
                              it misses (and it will never have) all the functionalities included in newer versions of Ralphy squeezelte, because I like more to keep it 'light'.
                              Ok Marco.. I'll try to install it!
                              I hope I'll manage!
                              Thank you again!!

Comment

• DomieMic65
                                • Jul 2019

I downloaded the first image Squeezelite-x86_64-1.9.6r1198.dmg and moved the app in my applications folder! (Is this the right one? )

Trying to configure it I did the steps from this posthttp://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97046-Announce-Squeezelite-a-small-headless-squeezeplay-emulator-for-linux-(alsa-only)&p=902615&viewfull=1#post902615 but in the "Add the -o option to /Library/LaunchDaemons/squeezelite.plist" step it doen't let me save!
                                I get an error because of denied permission to change the file.

How can overcome this?
                                Again excuse my ignorance!

Comment

Working...