Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    These 24/192000 tracks are large - tens of MB.

I've put it in https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1c4mfk3df...x4WWSn34a?dl=0

Can you let me know when you have it.

Thanks
    Downloaded, I'll have a look of it when I'll back from Holiday... leaving tomorrow!

BTW converted to wav without any special instruction about format, result is a 192KHz/24bit Litte endian, Signed file, and works with no hassle with foobar, LMS with or without C-3PO using squeezelite as player. Could be the SB is the problem here?
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2018-08-31 at 06:26.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    Downloaded, I'll have a look of it when I'll back from Holiday... leaving tomorrow!

BTW converted to wav without any special instruction about format, result is a 192KHz/24bit Litte endian, Signed file, and works with no hassle with foobar, LMS with or without C-3PO using squeezelite as player. Could be the SB is the problem here?
    Thanks.

Either the SB, or maybe the player it's connected to (via digital Coax). That player has caused quite a few similar issues in the past.

Enjoy your holiday
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Have you got any more specific description of that format?
    I've implemented that packing and there is not much more to know that what is described here. Take 2 frames of 24 bits samples, L and R, and then mangle them to have a flow of bytes like: if (T = most significant byte, M = middle and B = bottom and 0 = 1st frame, 1 = 2nd frame)

LT0,LM0,RT0,RM0,LT1,LM1,RT1,RM1,LB0,RB0,LB1,RB1 and so on with LT2,LM2 ...

It's a sort of 16 bits big endian mode with all the bottom bytes at the end, it might be to "help" players doing 16 bits truncation, I don't know but I agree it's funny (and painful because the need to have 2 frames to be able process is a lot if pain in my bridges)
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    I've implemented that packing and there is not much more to know that what is described here. Take 2 frames of 24 bits samples, L and R, and then mangle them to have a flow of bytes like: if (T = most significant byte, M = middle and B = bottom and 0 = 1st frame, 1 = 2nd frame)

LT0,LM0,RT0,RM0,LT1,LM1,RT1,RM1,LB0,RB0,LB1,RB1 and so on with LT2,LM2 ...

It's a sort of 16 bits big endian mode with all the bottom bytes at the end, it might be to "help" players doing 16 bits truncation, I don't know but I agree it's funny (and painful because the need to have 2 frames to be able process is a lot if pain in my bridges)
    All I know is that using sox, -B is needed on output when sending to a Touch feeding my M1 CLiC player. I don't know how the data is formatted from Touch to Player, and whether this -B is for compatibility with the Touch or with the player. I believe that the reason I had to upsample my 16/44100 tracks (to 24/88200 rather than 24/44100) when using sox to send 24 bit samples, is that maybe the Touch can't handle 24/44100 data (my player claims to be able to do so when receiving UPnP music over ethernet - LPCM format).
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

I'm getting a lot of these in the LMS server log, possibly when no devices are using C3PO.
    Code:
    [18-09-20 20:23:24.9937] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [20:23:24.9928] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/Plugin.pm line 279.
    [18-09-20 20:23:55.9133] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [20:23:55.9126] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/Plugin.pm line 279.
    [18-09-20 20:24:03.5975] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [20:24:03.5968] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/Plugin.pm line 279.
    I also get one of these at most LMS start-ups.
    Code:
    [18-09-20 20:09:27.1577] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [20:09:27.1566] Subroutine preferences redefined at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/PreferencesHelper.pm line 53.
    No worries, just fills up the log a bit.

Incredible News, thanks to Ralphy!

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Sox DSD support is available in LMS 7.9.2 builds after September 11, 2018 for windows, macos and linux arm, armhf, i386 and x86_64 platforms.

For other systems you can build from source.
    Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0030 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7ĺĺ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1

C-3PO a giant killer

Hi Marco,
    If you remember me, you helped me on my settings mainly to correct my room acoustic issues. I have tried many equalizer settings but ultimately your advice in just touching the loudness/gain paid off.

I ended up just reducing my loudness to -5 (and removed equalizer settings). Can't believe the sound I am getting now. Passages are clearer, bass (esp mid bass) is outstanding, imaging is so much better, can play loud with clear instrument separations. Can't believe this plugin and the recommended setting could make such a difference. THANK YOU AGAIN.

I do have a question though. The resample settings only take effect for wav/flac music but not mp3 (esp streaming). Is there any way I can apply it to the mp3 files/streams?

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by devgcl View Post
    Hi Marco,
    If you remember me, you helped me on my settings mainly to correct my room acoustic issues. I have tried many equalizer settings but ultimately your advice in just touching the loudness/gain paid off.

I ended up just reducing my loudness to -5 (and removed equalizer settings). Can't believe the sound I am getting now. Passages are clearer, bass (esp mid bass) is outstanding, imaging is so much better, can play loud with clear instrument separations. Can't believe this plugin and the recommended setting could make such a difference. THANK YOU AGAIN.

I do have a question though. The resample settings only take effect for wav/flac music but not mp3 (esp streaming). Is there any way I can apply it to the mp3 files/streams?

Thanks
    Dave
    Thanks for your appreciation, but merit is mainly by SOX, C-3PO is just a sort of an interface over it. I do believe that, in your lucky situation, if I well remember, loudness is all you need, but I, like many, still need some deeper correction in my room and for that duty, the equalizer built in sox is very, very good. I'm now having a closer look to the convolver (in order to apply FIR Filters produced by other tools) and it looks promising. What I miss is time...

About mp3, no, I did not want to worry about lossy formats when first writing C-3PO for server-side transcoding and resampling, so it is not possible, what you could do is apply the adequate sox command to the convert.conf command you actually use to play mp3.
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Thanks for your appreciation, but merit is mainly by SOX, C-3PO is just a sort of an interface over it. I do believe that, in your lucky situation, if I well remember, loudness is all you need, but I, like many, still need some deeper correction in my room and for that duty, the equalizer built in sox is very, very good. I'm now having a closer look to the convolver (in order to apply FIR Filters produced by other tools) and it looks promising. What I miss is time...

About mp3, no, I did not want to worry about lossy formats when first writing C-3PO for server-side transcoding and resampling, so it is not possible, what you could do is apply the adequate sox command to the convert.conf command you actually use to play mp3.
    As far as I can tell, the sox equalizer is even on left and right. Do you know of any way to get an equalizer that I can adjust differently for each side? My ears are very different (both bad, but at different frequencies). When using headphones It would help me a lot to be able to adjust each channel.

On linux there's a rather unstable pulseaudio equalizer that sort of works, but I'd like something better.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    As far as I can tell, the sox equalizer is even on left and right. Do you know of any way to get an equalizer that I can adjust differently for each side? My ears are very different (both bad, but at different frequencies). When using headphones It would help me a lot to be able to adjust each channel.

On linux there's a rather unstable pulseaudio equalizer that sort of works, but I'd like something better.

As far as I know, in SOX to apply different effects (or settings) per channel, you have to split the file, handle each channel separately then use remix to join them back in a stereo stream. It works very well, but the problem is how to do that in real time. A solution that should work is using different threads, temporary files and/or large buffers, but needs to be tested, expecially in windows inside socket wrapper. A different approach is to produce the stereo filter in wav format, then convolve it, but you need an extrenal tool to produce the wav file from the PEQ taps (REW could do that job).

Is a very interesting matter on witch I'm working myself at moment, but I really miss the time to produce something 'solid' to be included in the plugin, sorry.

A completely different apporach is the one used in Daphile, where the output from squeezelite is piped to BruteFir, don't know nothing about BruteFir, but sure you have tons of tools and plugins using VST or similar that could grab the output form the player and do whatever you want with it, my advise is to avoid PULSE whenever you can!

I'm currently experimenting on that matter, if you like and have time to spend in trials, we could sure cooperate and work on this. Let me know.
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2018-11-08 at 07:44.