Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    Sure, if you just want to convert DSD to PCM is probably the way to go.
    Sorry missed your reply .

Yes I have only PCM equipment , meaning it's going to be DSD-PCM for the rare music I cant find a PCM download for .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Sorry missed your reply .

Yes I have only PCM equipment , meaning it's going to be DSD-PCM for the rare music I cant find a PCM download for .
    This is what I would recommend for most users, if only DSD to PCM is needed. Try with DSDplayer first, as it's more easy to configure and probably fine in many cases.

However, in my experience, C-3PO provides a lot more options to configure the transcoding (through how it involves sox). Therefore it's been the only way for me to get continuous DSD to PCM transcoding to my players using LSM.

For me, transcoding is an intermediate solution, until I've made it to a reasonable streamer / DAC combination (not sure should I go for a brand device or some Pi/derivate solution).

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
    Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0030 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoo View Post
    What am I missing? Thanks.
    Hi Eduardoo,

hope you don't mind me answering on this one. Seems you are on a similar path like me, just with QNAP rather than Synology..

Here's my 2 cents:
    99% sure you will need to compile sox on the NAS itself, UNLESS you find somebody who did this already before you and is willing to hand you the compiled binary for your architecture (or you know people at QNAP who would do..?)
    Couple of months ago I decided to install a development environment on my NAS. It all went well, just took me a hell of a lot of time to get everything running (including LMS) and finally compile sox for DSD. I'm not a Linux Pro, just regular user.
    NAS just aren't made for people doing their own tweaking and fine tuning.
    Pis are.
    But just for the occasional DSD file? There are easier solutions.

@marco
    The one huge question remains, why is there this separate fork of sox, why don't do they merge mansr adjustments into the main stream sox?
    For audiophiles, this situation is a disaster.

Last edited by Ge Ba; 2017-11-14 at 01:59.
    Server: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0030 on Synology DS216Play. SOX mansr ARMv7 & C-3PO.
    Players: SB Radio, RPi 3B+, 7’’ Touch, pCP @Marshall Acton. Multiroom HiFi: Denon AVR-X4500H, AVM M30 @Nubert NuLine/NuVero 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Ge Ba View Post
    @marco
    The one huge question remains, why is there this separate fork of sox, why don't do they merge mansr adjustments into the main stream sox?
    For audiophiles, this situation is a disaster.

Sorry, but I'm not the one to ask this for, .

I'm quite sure mansr sent patches to sox mantainer, but you know how requests coming from audiofiles are considered, perhaps you could 'vote' for integration at SOX site, don't know.

FYI,

in a first time I forked SOX just becouse there were some bugs in it (wav was limited in size) and I sent the patches to sox mantainer too, but I've never got answer. Then, when I discovered the DSD capabilities of the mansr fork, I integrated it in my version and sent patches to mansr too. He immediatly accepted and integrated them, then now I'm with him and I do not distribute my version of sox anymore.

Is how free software (should) work, you trade functionalities for reliability, but you can.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Hello.

I tried installing C3PO to my LMS7.9.1 on my QNAP TS-469L (atom based) server. I also replaced the sox file in the relevant directory with either sox-dsd-linux-gnu-i386+alsa or sox-dsd-linux-gnu-i386 (renaming them to sox and changing permission to be consistent with the rest of the files in the directory).

The reason for me wanting to install C3PO is that while my Sotm SMS-100 running squeezelite apparently can pass through DSD, my DAC can't decode them (up to 192 only), and I would like to transcode the occasional DSD files to 176 PCM.

Checking into the settings page, it says under version: "Either not a valid version or can't run sox". On the file type page, only DSDplay is available as a choice for DSD files. Playing normal rez flac (which I've set to transcode to PCM before installing C3PO) doesn't seem to work, so I suppose I really have the wrong sox on. BTW, the Squeezelite on the SMS-100 is apparently not an R2 version and I have no idea if it is possible to fix.

What am I missing? Thanks.
    This means that a valid sox executable is not in your path.

You could try to run sox from command line (pathToSox\sox.exe --help) and see what happen, but probably the problem is - as someone has already answered to you - you have to compile sox by yourself. Simone at https://audiodigitale.eu/?cat=2 could sure help you and then store the resulting instructions and executable for others in the same situation.
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Thanks, Ge Ba and Marco.

Compiling would be way above my competency (and makes me regret not doing computer science in school decades ago), and would probably not be worth it for the occasional dsd files.

Perhaps slightly off topic, I read somewhere that I can actually fiddle with the squeezelite on my sotm to make it think that it can't do dsd, such that the dsdplayer options would be available in lms (now there's none for this player). Any idea how that's done?

Thanks again!

Sorry, but I'm not the one to ask this for, .
    Hi Marco,

It’s 2017. Most producers have included DSD into their Equipment. Even my phone plays DSD files now by standard!

I will open a ticket at their website and see what happens. But I saw no commits to the original sox on github for the last two years or so, not sure what’s going on.

your work is really appreciated, Marco.

Gerhard

Thanks, Ge Ba and Marco.

Compiling would be way above my competency (and makes me regret not doing computer science in school decades ago), and would probably not be worth it for the occasional dsd files.

Perhaps slightly off topic, I read somewhere that I can actually fiddle with the squeezelite on my sotm to make it think that it can't do dsd, such that the dsdplayer options would be available in lms (now there's none for this player). Any idea how that's done?

Thanks again!
    Some days ago I've read in another forums that R2 has been included in uRendu and sotm firmware as an option, I think You could try or ask there for support.

To let squeezelite refuse to play dsd, you could add -e dsf, dff to the command line or add -c pcm,flac,... where ... is the list of codecs you like to be reproduced by squeezelite.

I don't know how to handle squeeezelite command line in stm os, sorry.
    Last edited by marcoc1712; 2017-11-14 at 09:42.

Some days ago I've read in another forums that R2 has been included in uRendu and sotm firmware as an option, I think You could try or ask there for support.

To let squeezelite refuse to play dsd, you could add -e dsf, dff to the command line or add -c pcm,flac,... where ... is the list of codecs you like to be reproduced by squeezelite.

I don't know how to handle squeeezelite command line in stm os, sorry.
    Thanks. I'll look around and see.

Help me clear repeating error from Server Log

This error keeps repeating in Server Log:
    [18-02-17 18:33:48.2746] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [18:33:48.2744] Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins/Plugins/C3PO/Plugin.pm line 274.

Not sure what to do to clear it...
    $lastCommands{$id}{'msg'} = "\n".
    "At: ".$lastCommands{$id}{'time'}."\n".
    " Command: \n".
    " ".$lastCommands{$id}{'command'}."\n\n".
    " Tokenized command: \n".
    " ".$lastCommands{$id}{'tokenized'}."\n";
    Marvin