Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS not playing mp3

I am running version Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594451286 @ Sat Jul 11 09:19:53 CEST 2020

and mp3 files won't play anymore.

I don't know why last thing I did was updating a pcp from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0 even reverting it back to 6.0.0 doesn't change a thing

example radio url is https://stream.radio21.de/radio21_uelzen.mp3

Also mp3 file of my media library that were playing nice before are now skipped with error message like

Slim::Player::Song:pen (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for mp3 playback for [https://stream.radio21.de/radio21_uelzen.mp3]

Any help would be appreciated

Regards
    Eldrik

Quote Originally Posted by eldrik View Post
    I am running version Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1594451286 @ Sat Jul 11 09:19:53 CEST 2020
    What system does LMS run on ? Is it part of pcp or a separate system ?

it's a dedicated ubuntu machine

Linux 4.4.0-116-generic #140-Ubuntu SMP Mon Feb 12 21:22:43 UTC 2018 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Regards
    Eldrik

Quote Originally Posted by eldrik View Post
    Also mp3 file of my media library that were playing nice before are now skipped with error message like

Slim::Player::Song:pen (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for mp3 playback for [https://stream.radio21.de/radio21_uelzen.mp3]
    The usual reason for an error such as above is that LMS cannot match a playback format to the player capabilities.
    Often this is because of changes to WebUI Setting/Advanced/Filetypes but other possibility is that the player hasn't got the ability to play any of the supported formats (e.g. badly setup player).

to check LMS side, enable logging WebUI Setting/Advanced/Logging and set player.source to INFO and then try to play a track. Then copy to a post the server.log entries between start time and end time of the test.

However, it "feels" like an PCPplayer issues. Get an sdcard and do a clean install of pcp as upgrade /revert may have failed in a bad way.
    Last edited by bpa; 2020-07-15 at 11:23.

Yep seems right!

I just powered my central pcp off and reinstalled pcp 6.0.0 on a satellite pi zero w pcp that just serves as a Bluetooth hub for my headphones.

This was also not working before.

I installed this one just 3 days before with a blank 6.1.0 sd card.

Downgraded it today to 6.0.0 for testing after I recognized the mp3 errors.

So maybe a problem with pcp 6.1.0 under rare circumstances??

Regards
    Eldrik