Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rubin View Post
    Squeezelite on Rendu is 1.9.6.1196. I suspect that Squeezelite is a secondary issue, however, as the initial failure to run occurs even before a player is linked to LMS.
    Just for fun, I installed C-3po in LMS 7.9.2 on my Synology DS-218+ NAS just to see if it would run. (I didnít intend to use it, as that NAS doesnít have enough cpu power to transcode to DSD.). I did not get the same error message. As the NAS and my PC both are connected to the same router via Ethernet, I assume that the PCís issues have something to do with its network settings or with Windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rubin View Post
    Just for fun, I installed C-3po in LMS 7.9.2 on my Synology DS-218+ NAS just to see if it would run. (I didnít intend to use it, as that NAS doesnít have enough cpu power to transcode to DSD.). I did not get the same error message. As the NAS and my PC both are connected to the same router via Ethernet, I assume that the PCís issues have something to do with its network settings or with Windows 10.
    Is there a reason why you upsample to DSD?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Is there a reason why you upsample to DSD?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    To my ears and in my system, both Roon and Audirvana sound signicantly better that way. Never tried it with LMS, but I prefer its interface to those two, so want to see if it can be made to sound as good as they do. If it can, I probably would switch most of my listening back to it.

C-3PO and physical sqeezeboxen

Its a long thread so after a few pages decided its faster to ask the question.

Am I right in assuming/inferring that C-3PO wont work with a Transporter, only squeezlite, even if I use C-3PO to direct upsampled FLAC (44k->96k) to a Transporter?

I would have thought that as the PCM inside the FLAC stream was sent at 24/96 that the Transporter would use the FLAC headers as the correct version of the truth rather than the metadata from LMS.

Thanks,

Peter