Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS 7.9.3 being blocked by Microsoft Windows Defender

Hi

Further to my thread here https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post989130

I deleted my install and attempted to download the new version (7.9.3) from here https://mysqueezebox.com/download

I then had Microsoft Windows Defender block the .exe file as coming from a suspicious website. I think this might also have been the issue with my shortcuts to the previous install failing to run as administrator. I have reported the download as 'Safe' to Microsoft. But the owners of mysqueezebox.com might like to contact Microsoft directly and get this matter resolved.

For now, my fresh install of 7.9.3 is working correctly.
    Last edited by HydeTheDarkerSide; 2020-09-20 at 08:30.
    LMS 7.9.3 running on BitFenix Intel Core i5 8GB RAM Windows 10 Pro Home Server
    3 x Classics, 3 x Duet
    2 pair Audio Engine 2's
    UK based

Microsoft Edge (with chromium browser engine) is also giving a warning when you want to download the LMS Windows installer with .exe or .msi extension. Also when Windows Defender is not installed. I have to confirm 2 times that I really want to save the executable before the download is saved. When downloading the amd64.deb installer the download is saved without any warning. It seems that only installers with .exe and .msi extension are considered dangerous. Maybe it is an idea to put these installers in a .zip file?
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Spoke too soon.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\SqueezeTray.exe" --start

Still being screwed by Microsoft. Won't allow it to be run as administrator.
    LMS 7.9.3 running on BitFenix Intel Core i5 8GB RAM Windows 10 Pro Home Server
    3 x Classics, 3 x Duet
    2 pair Audio Engine 2's
    UK based