Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Earlier in this thread, it was stated C3PO is really not compatible with LMS 7.9.2. Not sure if the reasons why.

If you are only using squeezelite devices, there is no reason to resample server side. Squeezelite can handle resampling needs. Even a RPI zero can resample to 384k without significant CPU load.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Earlier in this thread, it was stated C3PO is really not compatible with LMS 7.9.2. Not sure if the reasons why.

If you are only using squeezelite devices, there is no reason to resample server side. Squeezelite can handle resampling needs. Even a RPI zero can resample to 384k without significant CPU load.
    Marco later agreed that it does indeed work with 7.9.2.

As to what C3PO can do, it can access the full capability of sox, which squeezelite can't (as far as I know). It therefore can apply all sorts of bells and whistles should one wish to do so.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

The repository is down again.

Github has 2.02.11 from September 2017.

Is that the current version?

If not, could someone zip the latest C3PO plugin from their cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins folder for me please?
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

If not, could someone zip the latest C3PO plugin from their cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins folder for me please?
    Not sure, but here's mine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Quote Originally Posted by PasTim View Post
    Not sure, but here's mine.
    Thanks PasTim.
    Ralphy

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

Yes, is the latest I released.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by jayce996 View Post
    What exactly is Squeezelite-R2? isn"t it supported anymore with latest picoreplayer build?
    R2 is a version of squeezelite built on top of the last one made by triode, back at the days there where no one maintaining it.

What R2 added was:

1. capability to look at the Wav header, so it could receive upsampled PCM content. The same patch was adopted by DaŔhile first and then Ralphy (-W)
    2. includes the DSD playbach patch from Daphile.
    3. forget the 'length' in header to solve the problem with long tracks.

I sent all of them to Ralphy, I believe 2 is implemented in a slightly different manner, I don't know nothing about 3.

There is no reason to use R2 today, if not that is 'lighter', missing all the other was added to squeezelite.
    Author of C-3PO plugin, Squeezelite-R2, Falcon Web interface - See www.marcoc1712.it

Quote Originally Posted by Huey11 View Post
    Ok, I guess I can drop the whole project in the plugins folder... Noticed the windows executables in there and not the perl script so got confused.
    Next to see if I can get it working...

Hm, not. Thought the plugin was accepted as LMS notices it being there and requires a restart, but then the whole folder got removed...

Edit: also the /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/Plugins (with poroper owner and group) seems not the right place as the plugin will not load.
    Edit2: but it helps to name the folder C3PO, and not the default unzip or 3-CPO, which seemed more obvious to me... Still error though, now on perl. To be continued.
    Edit3: weird, error expects the plugin in C-3PO
    Edit4: place content of repo zip in the cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins folder, renamed to 3CPO, made owner and group squeezeboxserver, and now the server log does not give an error anymore, but in settings still "
    ERROR
    Unable to run C-3PO transcoder, fault back to PERL. See server log.

Squeezelite version is non R2, assuming is compliant. See players."
    Edit5: lot of logging in debug mode. Will to try to make sense of it...
    "Squeezelite version is non R2, assuming is compliant. See players." is just an INFO message, because a non R2 version will not understand the actual sample rate of a pcm stream anfd play a loud white noise. That means you could use the Ralphy version, but need to use -W in command line.

Other than this, C-3PO was made when the Ralphy version had no DSD support in it.

"Unable to run C-3PO transcoder, fault back to PERL. See server log."

means the executable (C-3PO) is not working for some reason (probably it miss the X capability), the C-3PO.pl is used instead, nothing more.

In general, I wrote to Micheel to know if is there any opportunity to point to GitHub (or elsewhere) and not to my server for the repo, too bad my provider went default and I'm currently struggling with bureaucracy to have my domain back, if someone is willing to host it, feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    "Squeezelite version is non R2, assuming is compliant. See players." is just an INFO message, because a non R2 version will not understand the actual sample rate of a pcm stream anfd play a loud white noise. That means you could use the Ralphy version, but need to use -W in command line.

Other than this, C-3PO was made when the Ralphy version had no DSD support in it.

"Unable to run C-3PO transcoder, fault back to PERL. See server log."

means the executable (C-3PO) is not working for some reason (probably it miss the X capability), the C-3PO.pl is used instead, nothing more.

In general, I wrote to Micheel to know if is there any opportunity to point to GitHub (or elsewhere) and not to my server for the repo, too bad my provider went default and I'm currently struggling with bureaucracy to have my domain back, if someone is willing to host it, feel free.
    Ah, thanks for the explanation! (And the plugin ofcourse, looking forward to try it!)

Edit: indeed adding executable permission to the binary gets rid of the perl message.
    Last edited by Huey11; 2019-12-14 at 10:15.

Quote Originally Posted by marcoc1712 View Post
    I can host C3PO in the edo repository until you get your domain sorted.
    Can you provide me with an official zip and repository.xml file if you have them? Otherwise I can use the file that PasTim kindly provided to make it.
    Ralphy