Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7

    PiCorePlayer/JiveLite WiFi Connect to LMS Failure

    WiFi connects upon boot in PiCorePlayer and I can connect to the player from inside the network using player IP address.
    Jivelite can not connect to my LMS Library, times out and server not found.

    Hardwired Ethernet works perfectly.

    Can anyone shed some light on my problem?

    Player Configuration:
    • PiCorePlayer 2.02
    • Official Raspberry 7" Touchscreen
    • Raspberry Pi 2
    • HiFiBerry Digi Plus
    • Panda WiFi USB
    • 2.4 amp power supply


    Server Configuration:
    • Lenovo TS 140 Server
    • Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    • 32 GB Ram
    • LMS 7.9 (latest build)


    WiFi Configuration:
    • EnGenius EAP600 Indoor Wireless Access Point
    • Access Point only, no routing


    Thanks,
    Grant

  2. #2

    Same issue - jivelite doesn't connect over wifi but does over ethernet

    I have this same problem. I'm using max2play and jivelite times out over wifi but connects over ethernet. To make matters stranger, squeezelite connects fine over wifi so I get audio, just not the jivelite interface. Also if I start jivelite with ethernet plugged in and then remove the cable it will work over wifi.

    Is anyone using jivelite over wifi successfully?

    • Raspberry Pi 2 B+
    • Official 7" touch display
    • latest version of max2play
    • GMYLE RTL8192CU wifi dongle

  3. #3
    Senior Member Greg Erskine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,491
    Hi Grant,

    Uninstall jivelite.
    Ensure wifi is working on piCorePlayer.
    Ensure Ethernet cable is removed.
    Reboot using only wifi.
    Install jivelite.

    See how that goes.

    I am sure we would have heard if there was a major issue with jivelite over wifi.

    regards
    Greg

  4. #4
    Senior Member ralphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,002
    Quote Originally Posted by raymondhthomas View Post
    Is anyone using jivelite over wifi successfully?

    • Raspberry Pi 2 B+
    • Official 7" touch display
    • latest version of max2play
    • GMYLE RTL8192CU wifi dongle
    I use jivelite exclusively over wifi with piCorePlayer, 7" screen, RPI 2B, R8712U dongle.

    I can switch between wired and wifi with a reboot and jivelite connects every time either medium.

    Try booting with wifi, quit jivelite, delete $HOME/.jivelite, may not be the current users home directory and restart jivelite.
    You'll need to reconfigure it and you'll have to reinstall any applets.

    Note that I do NOT need to delete .jivelite when changing network types. However, this procedure is know fix connection issues.
    Ralphy

    1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I use jivelite exclusively over wifi with piCorePlayer, 7" screen, RPI 2B, R8712U dongle.

    I can switch between wired and wifi with a reboot and jivelite connects every time either medium.

    Try booting with wifi, quit jivelite, delete $HOME/.jivelite, may not be the current users home directory and restart jivelite.
    You'll need to reconfigure it and you'll have to reinstall any applets.

    Note that I do NOT need to delete .jivelite when changing network types. However, this procedure is know fix connection issues.
    I use jivelite on wifi as well, generally with no problems.
    I had to change wifi dongles and this caused something similar, jivelite couldn't see the server. but squeezelite still worked.
    Reinstalling jivelite fixed the problem.
    My guess is that jivelite was still using the mac address of the old dongle, but it is just a guess

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Cologne, Germany
    Posts
    30
    I had the same issue after uprading from a raspberry pi2 to a pi3. My rasbian image with squeezelite & jivelite worked well on the pi2.

    After upgrading my image on the pi2 and putting the sd card in the pi3 afterwards, Jivelite failed to connect to the LMS. As ralphy mentioned, it helped to reinstall Jivelite and to delete the $HOME/.jivelite Directory Many thanks!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11

    Same problem, same solution

    Just to say that my (freshly built 3.01) piCorePlayer on a new Pi v3 could be controlled from elsewhere, but JiveLite couldn't connect to LMS when it was connected via wifi after having installed JiveLite over a wired connection.
    I'd uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still no joy - it all worked fine in my office where I was doing the (wired) setup, and then found the wifi fine but JiveLite refused to play nicely in my "target" environment.

    After reading this thread, I uninstalled and then reinstalled over wifi, and then JiveLite worked fine over wifi too.
    I don't know if the MAC address or the interface used gets written to a config file, but it does seem that JiveLite (for some versions/configurations) runs best when using the same wired/wifi state that t was installed with.

  8. #8
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by meercat View Post
    Just to say that my (freshly built 3.01) piCorePlayer on a new Pi v3 could be controlled from elsewhere, but JiveLite couldn't connect to LMS when it was connected via wifi after having installed JiveLite over a wired connection.
    I'd uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still no joy - it all worked fine in my office where I was doing the (wired) setup, and then found the wifi fine but JiveLite refused to play nicely in my "target" environment.

    After reading this thread, I uninstalled and then reinstalled over wifi, and then JiveLite worked fine over wifi too.
    I don't know if the MAC address or the interface used gets written to a config file, but it does seem that JiveLite (for some versions/configurations) runs best when using the same wired/wifi state that t was installed with.
    I always have problems when installing jivelite over a wired connection and then moving to wifi. In later versions of pCP, there is an option to reset jivelite via the pCP web interface.

  9. #9
    Member wtnh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    US - East Coast
    Posts
    66

    Glad I found this thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I always have problems when installing jivelite over a wired connection and then moving to wifi. In later versions of pCP, there is an option to reset jivelite via the pCP web interface.
    I had the exact same scenario. I had everything working with LMS and PcP 3.2 on the same RPi with wired ethernet. Then I managed to get wifi working with an EDUP dongle, removed the wired connection, and then jivelite refused to connect the picoreplayer to LMS. LMS and picoreplayer worked fine independently but the two just wouldn't communicate. Resetting Jivelite was the answer!

    Thanks.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by wtnh View Post
    I had the exact same scenario. I had everything working with LMS and PcP 3.2 on the same RPi with wired ethernet. Then I managed to get wifi working with an EDUP dongle, removed the wired connection, and then jivelite refused to connect the picoreplayer to LMS. LMS and picoreplayer worked fine independently but the two just wouldn't communicate. Resetting Jivelite was the answer!

    Thanks.
    my issue is jivelite fails to connect to LMS even though it is running on the same raspberryPi.
    from this thread, i had the idea to look into the .jivelite directory and found SlimDiscovery.lua which had the following:
    settings = {serverInit={ip="192.168.43.252",
    which is the assigned dynamically by the mobile hotspot (residing in my t-mobile smartphone).

    i changed this to 127.0.0.1 but same problem persists...
    so my question is:
    how do you exactly uninstall and reinstall jivelite or reset it?

    several months ago, when i built this, i followed directions from http://hagensieker.com/jivelite/index.php to build and install it.
    by the way, my raspberryPi has a wired ethernet connection to private lan and
    wifi interface for hotspot internet. problem i'm having is when the hotspot is not present, jivelite fails to connect to LMS.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •