Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matmo
    • Feb 2016

At the moment it is MP3 at 320kbps

Darkice does not support lossless formats, so I need to switch to Liquidsoap. I have been playing around with FLAC, but was not successful so far. First, I want to get the image right ...

Comment

• Mnyb
      • Feb 2006

320 kBps is perfectly fine for listening to stuff but if you want to document and record/store the stuff a lossless format with built in checksums like flac is to prefer .
      Its a very cool solution to get whole house vinyl as it is , great
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
      Bedroom/Office: Boom
      Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
      Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
      iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
      (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
      server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• cathcam
        • Jan 2011

Simple Windows Setup

I ended up here as this is exactly what I'd like to do.

I have a Windows PC that is attached to my home music system and TV. It already runs Squeezeplay and has a USB input from a Stanton Turntable for converting Vinyl to MP3/FLAC and storing them on the ReadyNAS that I use as an LMS.

I was hoping to find a simple solution that I could run on the existing PC, that would take the USB input sound, create a stream that the LMS could play. Any ideas?
        ---------------------------
        https://ctproduced.com < Creed Taylor/CTI/KUDU
        http://markcathcart.com/about

Running LMS Server, currently V8.3.0 - 1659590348 on Headless WIN10 System; music on Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.

Comment

• Soundslike
          • Feb 2016

Latency

What is your latency with this setup?

Comment

• d6jg
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cathcam
            I ended up here as this is exactly what I'd like to do.

I have a Windows PC that is attached to my home music system and TV. It already runs Squeezeplay and has a USB input from a Stanton Turntable for converting Vinyl to MP3/FLAC and storing them on the ReadyNAS that I use as an LMS.

I was hoping to find a simple solution that I could run on the existing PC, that would take the USB input sound, create a stream that the LMS could play. Any ideas?
            streamwhatyouhear.com - will do exactly what you are asking for - make sure you opt for PCM/WAV output and just point LMS via Tune in URL
            Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
            Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
            Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
            Dining Room SB Radio
            Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
            Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
            Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

• cathcam
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by d6jg
              streamwhatyouhear.com - will do exactly what you are asking for - make sure you opt for PCM/WAV output and just point LMS via Tune in URL
              Wow, all my wishes just came true... I have it running now, simple yes.

There seems to be a clash between using SWYH and the Golden Records recording software, but thats no big deal, I just have to terminate SWYH before I want to record. THANKS SO MUCH!
              ---------------------------
              https://ctproduced.com < Creed Taylor/CTI/KUDU
              http://markcathcart.com/about

Running LMS Server, currently V8.3.0 - 1659590348 on Headless WIN10 System; music on Netgear ReadyNAS; Transporter(Living Room)+Duet Controller; Squeezebox Touch(Master Bedroom), (2x)Boom(Office, Patio), Radio(Guest Bedroom), Classic(garage), Duet(basement). Also using Squeezeplay on Windows 10. Use Orange Squeeze app on Android.

Comment

• d6jg
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by cathcam
                Wow, all my wishes just came true... I have it running now, simple yes.

There seems to be a clash between using SWYH and the Golden Records recording software, but thats no big deal, I just have to terminate SWYH before I want to record. THANKS SO MUCH!
                No problem

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
                Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
                Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Comment

• d6jg
                  • Feb 2011

I use Vinyl Studio form Alpinesoft for the vinyl rip. I don't think it conflicts but it may be a config thing.

Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Comment

• d6jg
                    • Feb 2011

PS save the URL as a favourite

Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Comment

• d6jg
                      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by LemPyle
                      Hi..i am a new user here. In my case i have all the physical components and I use a Behringer UCA202 hoked up to a tape loop to digitise my vinyl to FLAC using a Windows laptop and some software called VinylStudio. It does what your solution does and converts whatever hits the sound card into an MP3 or WAV/PCM stream that you can tune in to with LMS. I have used it recently in an experimental mode to stream Amazon Music to LMS.
                      VinylStudio doesn't create a stream. It records input intially to WAV, allows you to split it, tag it and save in whatever formats you want or to burn an Audio CD

To stream the sound cards input (whatever that may be) you need something like "streamwhatyouhear". It may be that you can also run VinylStudio at the same time to "rip" your vinyl while you listen but I have never felt the need to try that.

If I am wrong and Alpinesoft have added the functionality to VinylStudio then I will be very very happy but they haven't.

Elsewhere I talk explicitly about streaming Amazon Prime to LMS using streamwhatyouhear. It is the only Windows based solution I have ever found. Trust me I have looked a lot.
                      Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Comment

• Matmo
                        • Feb 2016

High end streaming with liquidsoap now works

I finally found enough time to optimize my raspberry pi project, and - bingo - now I can stream my records on-the-fly in lossless FLAC to my squeezeboxes.
                        If you are interested, you can find the full instructions here.

Comment

• Julf
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Matmo
                          I finally found enough time to optimize my raspberry pi project, and - bingo - now I can stream my records on-the-fly in lossless FLAC to my squeezeboxes.
                          Great! Thanks!
                          "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Comment

• Jeff07971
                            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Matmo
                            Does not seem to work with latest raspbian jesse.
                            Throws an error in /etc/liquidsoap/phono.liq
                            Line 3, char 6: Empty token!

Will investigate when I get a chance
                            sigpic
                            Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

• jmalin74
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Jeff07971
                              Does not seem to work with latest raspbian jesse.
                              Throws an error in /etc/liquidsoap/phono.liq
                              Line 3, char 6: Empty token!

Will investigate when I get a chance
                              Same here. If (like me) you copied and pasted the contents of phono.liq as posted in the instructions, check for any rogue characters. I replaced all the quotation marks (") and this solved the Empty token! error. I then started getting parse error warnings instead. After further trial and error changes to the file I'm no longer getting parse errors, but I am getting '... Alsa.Device_busy'.

Now I'm a bit lost!

Comment

• Matmo
                                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by jmalin74
                                Same here. If (like me) you copied and pasted the contents of phono.liq as posted in the instructions, check for any rogue characters. I replaced all the quotation marks (") and this solved the Empty token! error. I then started getting parse error warnings instead. After further trial and error changes to the file I'm no longer getting parse errors, but I am getting '... Alsa.Device_busy'.

Now I'm a bit lost!
                                Two causes I could think off. Your alsa device is indeed opened or used by another application. Then you would have to stop this one, before you try to startup liquidsoap.
                                Another cause could be that your alsa device has a different name. Mine is hw1, but it could also be hw3 or hw0 in your setup.

Comment

Working...