Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

New to me/Used Squeezebox model C-RH62/Squeezebox Account

Hi All,

I have a couple of squeezeboxes which had not been used for awhile. I recently set up a Synology NAS and saw that I could activate the Logitech Media Server so I went ahead and did that. I had a mysqueezebox.com account and even though I had not used it in years it still seemed to work. I can get internet radio stations and stream my music. Everything seems to work great.

Now to my question. I decided to buy an old used squeezebox off eBay (Model C-RH62). The seller contacted me to let me know I needed to switch it over to my own email address/account. Why do I need to do that? Is squeezebox hardware somehow locked to a particular squeezebox account?

Thanks for any info.

The seller contacted me to let me know I needed to switch it over to my own email address/account. Why do I need to do that?
    Hi,

please tell the seller he should move it from his account - otherwise you have to ask the customer service from logitech to do so.

Is squeezebox hardware somehow locked to a particular squeezebox account?
    YES

Thanks for the reply. Most appreciated.

I received my used squeezebox today, hooked it up and managed to stream music from my sinology NAS and live local radio. I am just getting back into this stuff after being away for a few years. What is the advantage of mysqueezebox.com? Since I have a Synology NAS that runs all the time and I can get my library and live local radio I have most of what I need. I suppose an advantage of mysqueezebox.com is things like Pandora, Spotify and such?

Just curious as to what mysqueezebox provides that you can't get with a local Logitech Music Server...

Also, if one were to take a squeezebox to a location that did not have access to your LMS then I suppose you could connect to live local radio and other mysqueezebox.com service but not your local music library, right?

Thanks.

Exactly: for Music Services as Spotify, Deezer,... and if not at home.

The apps are mostly provided by mysqueezebox.com and most of the radio directories and menus .

It also handles account info for some subscription services .

However if you are new to this , mysqueezebox.com have some problems this weekend ( there is a tread about that ) so if you are experiencing some strange issues it could be that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html