Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Remote control PC from Mac

This question has no other connection to Squezebox other than wanting to listen to music in the best possible qualilty while preparing new music for the LMS server.

My music is stored on a Windows 10 PC in my office. I stream the music with LMS to a Squeezbox receiver connected to my stereo in my living room.

It would be wonderful to be able to work on and prepare more music for my Windows LMS server while listenting to music in my living room with a MacBook OSX in my lap.

Would the program I've linked to below be a not to complicated solution?
    I would love to be to work with Foobar, MP3Tag and the LMS Control Panel - and if possible browse through my Music folder and look at scanned CD booklets, lyrics, etc. stored on the PC.

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/micr...15768417?mt=12

Thanks for reading.

Stein Arne

TeamViewer (free for private use) works perfectly between Macs and PCs:

http://www.teamviewer.com

Download/install on both machines, then "Connect to Partner" from the one you want to use to control the other...
    Martin

I use remote desktop in windows to do what you suggest all the time (work on my laptop while actually doing things on my desktop at the office). The above link you posted seems to be a way for a Mac to connect with a windows machine via remote desktop. So if it works, and no reason it shouldn't, this is exactly what you want. When using remote desktop, you are actually controlling the other windows computer...your laptop is simply sending keystrokes. (do note that on your windows machine, you'll have to turn on something in settings to allow remote desktop, etc.). But overall, it works well and is easy.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Remote control PC from Mac

> Would the program I've linked to below be a not to complicated
    > solution?
    > I would love to be to work with Foobar, MP3Tag and the LMS Control Panel
    > - and if possible browse through my Music folder and look at scanned CD
    > booklets, lyrics, etc. stored on the PC.
    >
    > https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/micr...15768417?mt=12

That's the standard solution to control a Windows PC using a Mac, yes.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I use remote desktop in windows to do what you suggest all the time (work on my laptop while actually doing things on my desktop at the office). The above link you posted seems to be a way for a Mac to connect with a windows machine via remote desktop. So if it works, and no reason it shouldn't, this is exactly what you want. When using remote desktop, you are actually controlling the other windows computer...your laptop is simply sending keystrokes. (do note that on your windows machine, you'll have to turn on something in settings to allow remote desktop, etc.). But overall, it works well and is easy.
    Thanks - and that will let me see the Windows 10 Pro desktop on my Mac + send mouseclicks and movements as well as keystrokes?

Stein Arne

Quote Originally Posted by SyrinxGC View Post
    Thanks - and that will let me see the Windows 10 Pro desktop on my Mac + send mouseclicks and movements as well as keystrokes?

Stein Arne
    I haven't used that program, but yes, that is how remote desktop works, and they advertise it should work that way.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > That's the standard solution to control a Windows PC using a Mac, yes.

Michael
    Thanks.

Michael - Off Topic - could you please have a look at another thread of mine that needs a solution before I can use this one :-)

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-files-scanned

Stein Arne

Quote Originally Posted by SyrinxGC View Post

Stein Arne
    Yes. As well as send files between the two computers.

NOTE: RDP only works ...

When the WIN computer you are controlling is a "PRO" version of windows. The feature (Control Panel/System/Remote) is NOT available for WIN Home versions...

B4L