Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by woodster View Post
    With 1.0.6.1 I seem to have missing output, it just remain silent.

I tried to clear the settings, and generate a new configuration. I tried to change volume for the player, but still no sound.

It seems to stream ok, I can see it connect to my speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by epoch1970 View Post
    Yes I can confirm that this dev version seems to have a bug.
    Version 1.0.5 from the stable repository is ok.
    Sorry guys, I did that when I was rushing to the airport to have your "disable LMS volume control" feature (set the value to -1) and I let a stupid syntax bug ... corrected in 1.0.6-dev-2
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

This is a candide question: apart from the epoc9170, usc95 and wombat (thank you guys ), this plugin does not seem to have a lot of success, to say the least. I'm a bit surprised as, for me, the synchronization with other devices was the big missing piece in my other plugins. Any idea why ? Is this because its purpose is not clear or because only a few people use AirPlay speakers (or most of them don't know that their speakers / amplifier supports AirPlay) ? Something else ?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    This is a candide question: apart from the epoc9170, usc95 and wombat (thank you guys ), this plugin does not seem to have a lot of success, to say the least. I'm a bit surprised as, for me, the synchronization with other devices was the big missing piece in my other plugins. Any idea why ? Is this because its purpose is not clear or because only a few people use AirPlay speakers (or most of them don't know that their speakers / amplifier supports AirPlay) ? Something else ?
    I suspect that it may be the latter - airplay speakers have been rather expensive compared to bluetooth and are tied to apple products. If it were possible, a bluetoothbridge plugin might have more success .... I realise that the BT protocol is a whole different kettle of fish!
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi philippe_44,

well it might be that the users are divided into groups. Those who use the squeezebox eco system, those who use Sonos, and then a group with other systems (bluenote, heos, etc.)
    Many of those whom I know that use Sonos also started out with airplay speakers, but they left those behind when going the Sonos way.
    And the ones that still use the airplay functionality in their speakers do not know about the Squeezebox system, or think it is too advanced a system.

Well, I can tell that I'm very pleased with your work with the plugin (and the others plugins as well) - these plugins really adds new life to the Squeezebox eco system, and adds many types of extra players, now the original Squeezebox hardware begins to burn out.

Keep up the good work - thanks from a happy user.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I suspect that it may be the latter - airplay speakers have been rather expensive compared to bluetooth and are tied to apple products. If it were possible, a bluetoothbridge plugin might have more success .... I realise that the BT protocol is a whole different kettle of fish!
    Hi philippe_44,

well it might be that the users are divided into groups. Those who use the squeezebox eco system, those who use Sonos, and then a group with other systems (bluenote, heos, etc.)
    Many of those whom I know that use Sonos also started out with airplay speakers, but they left those behind when going the Sonos way.
    And the ones that still use the airplay functionality in their speakers do not know about the Squeezebox system, or think it is too advanced a system.

Well, I can tell that I'm very pleased with your work with the plugin (and the others plugins as well) - these plugins really adds new life to the Squeezebox eco system, and adds many types of extra players, now the original Squeezebox hardware begins to burn out.

Keep up the good work - thanks from a happy user.
    But there are so many AV amplifiers that support AirPlay ... I guess you have to have grown up with squeezeboxes to appreciate the variety & flexibility the system offers ... anyway, you're right and I'm pleased to have a few happy users and I use it every day too for my own. My graal was to able to sync Sonos, but they are totally secretive with their protocol. I even had a fight with one guy (not a staff member) on the Sonos forum about that.

Now, with a Pi3, it's so easy to have a powerful LMS server that it's a shame to see that system vanishing. Adding squeezelite that could be integrated to anything and iPeng, this is really the best system I've tried. I've made my Boom autonomous and now between my own library, UPnP, GoogleCast, AirPlay, Qobuz, RadioParadise, YouTube, a TV Replay and a special podcast manager I've made, I have the ideal system :-)

I have a million thanks especially to Triode, Michael and Pippin
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2016-03-28 at 23:31.

Yeah - best system ever
    And you are right, Triode, Michael and Pippin..... and you deserves a massive thanks...

"Boom autonomous" and "a special podcast manager" sound exciting.... would you like to elaborate ?

But there are so many AV amplifiers that support AirPlay ... I guess you have to have grown up with squeezeboxes to appreciate the variety & flexibility the system offers ... anyway, you're right and I'm pleased to have a few happy users and I use it every day too for my own. My graal was to able to sync Sonos, but they are totally secretive with their protocol. I even had a fight with one guy (not a staff member) on the Sonos forum about that.

Now, with a Pi3, it's so easy to have a powerful LMS server that it's a shame to see that system vanishing. Adding squeezelite that could be integrated to anything and iPeng, this is really the best system I've tried. I've made my Boom autonomous and now between my own library, UPnP, GoogleCast, AirPlay, Qobuz, RadioParadise, YouTube, a TV Replay and a special podcast manager I've made, I have the ideal system :-)

I too want to thank you for all the work you've done on these plugins.

I use all three ... with more use for UPnPbridge.

I also have 3 orphaned BT speakers (plus 2 BT headphones) which hardly ever get used compared to the squeezebox system. I and my other half just find firing up a phone to use as a controller is not great (as more often than not the damn thing needs charging!).
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah - best system ever
    And you are right, Triode, Michael and Pippin..... and you deserves a massive thanks...

"Boom autonomous" and "a special podcast manager" sound exciting.... would you like to elaborate ?

The special podcast manager is a very custom-made Perl thing as I'm listening to a lot of podcasts and TV shows (audio), so it's a script to download them from a list (RSS feeds or other TV replay site, this is where I learnt how to handle HLS), transcode them, extract metadata from a combo of the RSS feed and parsing the site webpage and then stuff that into iTunes to have them available in LMS and my iThings. So very specialized thing not usable in general ...

The autonomous Boom is just the fact that I've integrated as nicely as possible a battery with charger and everything (almost) inside the Boom. See here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post791639. Nothing more, but I like it as now I can carry the Boom with me

Ah, I was just curious.... always looking for new ideas and solutions.

The special podcast manager is a very custom-made Perl thing as I'm listening to a lot of podcasts and TV shows (audio), so it's a script to download them from a list (RSS feeds or other TV replay site, this is where I learnt how to handle HLS), transcode them, extract metadata from a combo of the RSS feed and parsing the site webpage and then stuff that into iTunes to have them available in LMS and my iThings. So very specialized thing not usable in general ...

The autonomous Boom is just the fact that I've integrated as nicely as possible a battery with charger and everything (almost) inside the Boom. See here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post791639. Nothing more, but I like it as now I can carry the Boom with me

Hi Philippe,

I just saw your question about why more people aren't using this plugin. My feeling is that most people are only after the simplest and easiest solution and the "work" with setting up LMS, configuring a plugin and tinkering with it is too much for many people. They want something that just works every time. I think that if there was a really popular airplay device that worked right away practically every time then more people would be encouraged to use it. Do you have a list of devices that are dead simple to configure with your plugin? Maybe if that info was prevalent we could tell people to just buy XXX and use the airplay bridge and you can enjoy the squeezebox system.

I also think that people have very little appreciation for a quality system and if they do they assume they will have to pay Sonos money to get it. That is why so many people are content streaming crappy MP3's to a tiny bluetooth speaker. If something can't easily just be purchased at a big box retailer and doesn't just work right out of the box most people have no time for it. I was really hopeful for the Chromecast Audio to fill this niche as something that most people could get, that was cheap and would work right out of the box. Unfortunately the lack of any way (not just your plugin) to get gapless playback on local music with that thing makes it a non-starter for me. The only software that worked for gapless was Spotify connect but that doesn't help me listen to all of my live music. Even Google Music doesn't do gapless on their own device!

I've rambled enough but I just want to thank you for all of your plugins and work that you have put in to keeping our beloved system relevant. Hopefully others with similar skills will continue to step up and keep the music flowing for many years to come in spite of Logitech's efforts to ruin our fun.

Marc