Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 189 of 193 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 1921
    Quote Originally Posted by alfcnx View Post
    I think that I am messing things a little:
    My two first posts were related to an instalation of LMS using a Truenas plugin. Perl version was 5.32. The problem seems to be related to missing crypto-libraries for freebsd using perl 5.32.
    My last post was related to another attempt to install LMS using @Simonef installer in a FreeBSD jail (thread). Perl version was 5.34 this time.

In fact, I will be happy to use any of these approaches to get LMS, if I can have Airplay Bridge pairing to AppleTV.
    Are you sure you're using the lastest plugin version? I've added freebsd for x64 recently and 5.32. Now if this is 5.32, freebsd but another CPU you're out of luck
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

No players found

@philippe_44

I try to get airplay bridge working. However the plug-in does not seem to find any players (I.e. my apple tv). Name:  E0886678-9D94-4F63-A605-5A08BAA4CD05.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  207.3 KB see attached pictures…

Any ideas?

Best regards
    Rolf
    Last edited by Logos37; 2021-09-10 at 08:37.

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Are you sure you're using the lastest plugin version? I've added freebsd for x64 recently and 5.32. Now if this is 5.32, freebsd but another CPU you're out of luck
    @philippe_44, I have just seen that you updated the plugin and added 5.32 support for freebsd. I missed that while trying to get the other installation with 5.34 to work.
    However, installing now the plugin crashes LMS. After installing it, the server does not start again:
    Code:
    # service logitechmediaserver status
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/logitechmediaserver: WARNING: $command_interpreter /usr/local/bin/perl != perl
    logitechmediaserver is not running.
    Code:
    # service logitechmediaserver start
    /usr/local/etc/rc.d/logitechmediaserver: WARNING: $command_interpreter /usr/local/bin/perl != perl
    Starting logitechmediaserver.
    [21-09-08 19:31:19.8141] main::init (389) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.1.2, 1624550702, Thu Jun 24 18:46:58 CEST 2021) perl 5.032001 - amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
    root@LogitechMediaServer:~ # CryptX.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xbf00080, needed 0xfc00080)
    Thanks a lot for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by alfcnx View Post
    @philippe_44, I have just seen that you updated the plugin and added 5.32 support for freebsd. I missed that while trying to get the other installation with 5.34 to work.
    However, installing now the plugin crashes LMS. After installing it, the server does not start again:
    Code:
    # service logitechmediaserver status
    logitechmediaserver is not running.
    Code:
    # service logitechmediaserver start
    Starting logitechmediaserver.
    [21-09-08 19:31:19.8141] main::init (389) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.1.2, 1624550702, Thu Jun 24 18:46:58 CEST 2021) perl 5.032001 - amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
    root@LogitechMediaServer:~ # CryptX.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xbf00080, needed 0xfc00080)
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    It's strange b/c I dont think CryptX is used anywhere by LMS. I've never hit that issue, so I'm not sure what I can do about it.
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    It's strange b/c I dont think CryptX is used anywhere by LMS. I've never hit that issue, so I'm not sure what I can do about it.
    Ok, nevermind. I ended up installing LMS in a virtual machine running linux. Everything works.
    Thanks a lot for your help and such a great plugin.

Looking for help with volume control of a new NAD T778 (BluOS).

The situation feels a bit weird. LMS will happily control the NAD, volume and all. When I operate the volume control of the NAD, it will move the stateful volume slider of a genuine Apple AirPlayer. It will also move the stateful volume slider in the BluOS app. But the stateful volume slider in LMS will not change. When I move the volume in LMS, the slider in BluOS (and on iPhone) follows.

My settings are
    volume_mode = Hardware
    volume_trigger = No
    volume_feedback = Yes

Another thing that irritates about the NAD/BluOS is that the built-in streamer (on Source 6) is open to hijack. They have any number of streaming clients listening on that port (eg AirPlay, Spotify, BluOS, ...) and the last controller always wins. When I hijack Source 6 via LMS/AirPlay, Spotify and BluOS stop; I have configured

prevent_playback = STOP

but when I hijack the NAD from Spotify or BluOS, LMS does not stop.

In short, it seems that the hand-shake between the NAD and the AirBridge isn't working, although it also seems (from observing other controllers) that the NAD is not the guilty party (for not sending the hand-shake).

For what it is worth, the NAD runs AirPlay 2. I dunno what version of the AirPlay protocol the AirBridge runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ovonrein View Post
    Looking for help with volume control of a new NAD T778 (BluOS).

The situation feels a bit weird. LMS will happily control the NAD, volume and all. When I operate the volume control of the NAD, it will move the stateful volume slider of a genuine Apple AirPlayer. It will also move the stateful volume slider in the BluOS app. But the stateful volume slider in LMS will not change. When I move the volume in LMS, the slider in BluOS (and on iPhone) follows.

My settings are
    volume_mode = Hardware
    volume_trigger = No
    volume_feedback = Yes

Another thing that irritates about the NAD/BluOS is that the built-in streamer (on Source 6) is open to hijack. They have any number of streaming clients listening on that port (eg AirPlay, Spotify, BluOS, ...) and the last controller always wins. When I hijack Source 6 via LMS/AirPlay, Spotify and BluOS stop; I have configured

prevent_playback = STOP

but when I hijack the NAD from Spotify or BluOS, LMS does not stop.

In short, it seems that the hand-shake between the NAD and the AirBridge isn't working, although it also seems (from observing other controllers) that the NAD is not the guilty party (for not sending the hand-shake).

For what it is worth, the NAD runs AirPlay 2. I dunno what version of the AirPlay protocol the AirBridge runs.
    Well unfortunately it seems that AirPlay 2 device have a streaming protocol compatibility with version 1 but not for control

Ouch! And Apple aren't exactly forthcoming with publishing their protocol? Which is odd because the BluOS guys somehow got hold of it. I guess I will have to wait until you find the strength to have another go All a quick google would reveal was this https://emanuelecozzi.net/docs/airplay2/

Quote Originally Posted by ovonrein View Post
    Ouch! And Apple aren't exactly forthcoming with publishing their protocol? Which is odd because the BluOS guys somehow got hold of it. I guess I will have to wait until you find the strength to have another go All a quick google would reveal was this https://emanuelecozzi.net/docs/airplay2/
    Most of the AP2 has been reversed engineered but for me itĺs an issue of finding time and motivation

Airconnect devices coudl not be found

Hi,
    I have a question when using the AirPlay bridge with AirConnect.
    I setup the LMS Server (8.2.0) with AirPlay bridge plugin v0.4.62.1
    For my old Sonos devices I setup the AirConnect Service airupnp-x86-64-static v0.2.50.5
    On my iphone i can see the new devices as AirPlay devices.
    The old sonos name with a + . So my old Sonos device "Garden" is the new AirConnect device "Garden+"
    But the AirPlay bridge is not showing the new devices.
    Is there a special configuration necessary?