Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1504
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Probably some sort of multicast filtering in your network (router or similar). Or you have a mDNS repeater that does not repeat the device presence.
    I'm sure you're right, likely network related. The device the LMS is on is multi-homed across several VLANs. Do you think limiting the network interface I use to the exact network used by the target Airplay Devices help? Within a VLAN there is no multicast filtering and mDNS (port:5353) is specifically allowed past the firewall of the device.

From the instructions, I'm not 100% clear which IP address I should use in the Bridge setting's "Network Interface" option: it says the network interface used by the bridge - I'm assuming that's the address of the underlying device's IP address on the network where my Airplay Devices are? Or should it be a broadcast address (e.g., x.x.x.255)? I've tried the device IP address, and that does stop the Add/Remove loop from the Bridge log. But now in the LMS server log I've found the line below following an LMS server restart:

[19-12-08 23:49:36.5367] Plugins::RaopBridge::Plugin::initPlugin (31) LMS version is too old (Mon Sep 4 22:13:00 UTC 2017), need own Aync::HTTP

Yet thought I had the latest LMS version (7.9.1)

Also, still now new devices in LMS. Bummer.

Probably some sort of multicast filtering in your network (router or similar). Or you have a mDNS repeater that does not repeat the device presence.
    I'm going to plumb the firewall on the server to be sure all active Airplay ports can go through it. That the Bridge finds the devices shows that Bonjour is getting across but not so sure about everything else. I'll let you know.

Hi - thanks for your insight I traced the problem to a mix of firewall and mDNS/multicast issues on my network. Replumbed the firewall and network and now the Airplay items show up.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Franck@
    I just bought a 3rd Riva Arena speaker. I try to make it work with the bridge, but I can not do it. (The other two Riva Arena speakers work properly with the bridge.)
    The plugin correctly detects the speaker (with default settings, like the previous ones), but no music is played. I can select the speaker in the LMS interface. When I start playback, the slider will move normally to indicate that playback is in progress, but no sound comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44
    I can’t remember exactly but I think if you look back in the large thread, somebody had a similar issue with a Riva. I think Riva did something in a version that caused the problem
    I looked for a similar case in the forum, but found nothing. All my attempts to use the new speaker with the bridge fail. (My two old speakers, with the same firmware, still work.)

I installed iTunes on my PC to see if I had a problem with my network or with the speaker itself. Streaming local music to my PC, via iTunes, works properly. It's incomprehensible...

So, there may be an incompatibility between the bridge, my network and this speaker?

That does not bother me too much, because this new speaker is destined to be offered at Christmas. It will then be used on another network with, this time, the Chromecast bridge.

FYI, when I say that I did not find anything on the forum, it is not quite accurate. There is a message I posted myself last year for another Riva Arena speaker that I have never managed to run at my home with the Airplay bridge or the Chromecast bridge. No solution was identified at that time. I did not really insist because last Christmas, I gave this speaker to my parents, and once installed in my parents' house, it worked the first time with the Chromecast bridge. It still works there!

I did not explain the cause of the malfunction last year. I still do not explain it this year. It's very weird!

No idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by Franck@ View Post
    I looked for a similar case in the forum, but found nothing. All my attempts to use the new speaker with the bridge fail. (My two old speakers, with the same firmware, still work.)

I installed iTunes on my PC to see if I had a problem with my network or with the speaker itself. Streaming local music to my PC, via iTunes, works properly. It's incomprehensible...

So, there may be an incompatibility between the bridge, my network and this speaker?

That does not bother me too much, because this new speaker is destined to be offered at Christmas. It will then be used on another network with, this time, the Chromecast bridge.

FYI, when I say that I did not find anything on the forum, it is not quite accurate. There is a message I posted myself last year for another Riva Arena speaker that I have never managed to run at my home with the Airplay bridge or the Chromecast bridge. No solution was identified at that time. I did not really insist because last Christmas, I gave this speaker to my parents, and once installed in my parents' house, it worked the first time with the Chromecast bridge. It still works there!

I did not explain the cause of the malfunction last year. I still do not explain it this year. It's very weird!

No idea ?
    I really don’t know. Have you tried to enable encryption in the plugin settings? That the only cause that comes to mind if all is working fine except that no sound is produced. Other that that, if you can get me the mdns characteristics (see my mdns listener in my other github repositories) with debug details, I might be able to spot a difference between your different Riva
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I really don’t know. Have you tried to enable encryption in the plugin settings? That the only cause that comes to mind if all is working fine except that no sound is produced. Other that that, if you can get me the mdns characteristics (see my mdns listener in my other github repositories) with debug details, I might be able to spot a difference between your different Riva
    I tried with the encryption option. It does not change anything. (So I removed the option.)

I then downloaded the test tool on GitHub. I used the command line "./mdnssd-arm -d _raop._tcp.local> xxx 2> & 1" the first time by triggering a music track on a working speaker (chambre2), then a second with the new speaker (rivatemporaire).

I don't know if it helps you. (There is no obligation to study the problem. After Christmas, the speaker will no longer be at home. It's just that the behavior of the bridge with the new speaker is weird.)

ok.log
    ko.log

I tried with the encryption option. It does not change anything. (So I removed the option.)

I then downloaded the test tool on GitHub. I used the command line "./mdnssd-arm -d _raop._tcp.local> xxx 2> & 1" the first time by triggering a music track on a working speaker (chambre2), then a second with the new speaker (rivatemporaire).

I don't know if it helps you. (There is no obligation to study the problem. After Christmas, the speaker will no longer be at home. It's just that the behavior of the bridge with the new speaker is weird.)

ok.log
    ko.log
    I don't understand, there is no TXT record
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

I don't understand, there is no TXT record
    What type of lines should I find in the log?
    Maybe I'm using the test tool badly? With what options should it be used? With which linux user? (Here it was neither executed with the user who starts LMS, nor as root.)

Another question: should I run the test tool just before reading a track or before starting LMS and bridge?
    Last edited by Franck@; 2019-12-12 at 02:26. Reason: add a question

What type of lines should I find in the log?
    Maybe I'm using the test tool badly? With what options should it be used? With which linux user? (Here it was neither executed with the user who starts LMS, nor as root.)

Another question: should I run the test tool just before reading a track or before starting LMS and bridge?
    Test mDNS discovery can be ran at any time, no need to have anything else running

Test mDNS discovery can be ran at any time, no need to have anything else running
    Thank you for this information.

Do you see another way to identify the cause of the different behavior between the speakers? Logs to consult? Tools to run?