Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 186 of 188 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188 LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 1873
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    But because my bridge only works with AP1, you must use LMS sync (as opposed to CC where you can only use CC sync)
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm picking up a second HomePod Mini next week, so that's handy to know.

How to rename a device and make it stick?

I have too many devices in my living room named Living room and trying to give them slightly distinct names to cut down on the confusion.

I have a radio receiver/amp that has both upnp and airplay. On the upnp plugin I was able to successfully rename it living room303u

Now I am trying to rename the airplay side as living room303a

It renames fine, but when the plugin restarts it goes back to living room303 and doesn't want to keep the new name.

Any ideas on how to make it stick?
    Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I have too many devices in my living room named Living room and trying to give them slightly distinct names to cut down on the confusion.

I have a radio receiver/amp that has both upnp and airplay. On the upnp plugin I was able to successfully rename it living room303u

Now I am trying to rename the airplay side as living room303a

It renames fine, but when the plugin restarts it goes back to living room303 and doesn't want to keep the new name.

Any ideas on how to make it stick?
    Thanks...
    Found some instructions and these steps worked for me:

vii. Make sure the ‘Start the Bridge’ tickbox is unticked

viii. Edit the parameters if you need to (you can, for example, change the name of the player).

ix. Save these values and restart the plugin by ticking the 'Start the Bridge' tickbox and press 'Apply'.

cheers...

Restart Player

Good morning,

I have a couple of AirPlay devices that I use as players using the bridge, but one of them is not usually always on and every time I turn it on I have to restart the LMS so that it detects again, is there any way to avoid this?

Thank you very much for your work!

Quote Originally Posted by mad View Post
    every time I turn it on I have to restart the LMS so that it detects again, is there any way to avoid this?
    I have three Airplay devices (one Airport Express and two Ikea Symfonisk) which are all not switched on normally. But when I switch on the Airport Express it takes half a minute until the green light of it is on and then the player is available in LMS and I can use it. So I think there must be another problem.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by mad View Post
    Good morning,

I have a couple of AirPlay devices that I use as players using the bridge, but one of them is not usually always on and every time I turn it on I have to restart the LMS so that it detects again, is there any way to avoid this?

Thank you very much for your work!
    Worse case don’t restart LMS but restart the plugin. There is an option in its settings
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Worse case don’t restart LMS but restart the plugin. There is an option in its settings
    Hi @philippe_44

If I restart the plugin the player is available again, is it possible for the plugin to restart automatically to solve this?

Thanks!

Sonos Beam

I searched high and low in this thread and elsewhere but could not find a definitive answer so would like to report that the Airplay Bridge plugin is working perfectly well (so far) with a Sonos Beam soundbar I recently picked up. I haven't tinkered much with the bridge settings but it does seem to require that 'send LMS metadata to player' is set to 'yes' for both metadata and cover art. And it required one further bridge restart before I heard any sound.

Hi,

It seems that this has something to do with the locale and character set setting on my Windows machine. I get the following error in the LMS log after startup:

[21-07-05 14:10:52.2768] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (393) Warning: Couldn't call Plugins::RaopBridge::Plugin->initPlugin: The locale codeset (cp65001) isn't one that perl can decode, stopped at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Enco de/Locale.pm line 120.

I am running the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" option in the computer's Region Settings, that corrected scanning and displaying of local music files with accented characters.

Any help would be appreciated!

BR/ Espen

Quote Originally Posted by EspenK65 View Post
    Hi,

I am running LMS on a Win 10 machine, with the latest LMS 8.2.0 update. I have tried installing the Airplay bridge plugin (after a long break), but after installation, I get the following error message when trying to get to the plugin settings: 404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/RaopBridge/settings/basic.html.

I have tried adding the server directory of the LMS server to the PATH environment variable, as well as uninstalling and trying to remove any old information from previous installations to get it working, but nothing has worked for me so far. I have verified that the path and file in the 404 message is available under the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server" folder.

For reference, I have the ShairTunes plugin installed, which is working with no problem. I also tried installing the UPnP bridge plugin, which gives the same "not found" result when trying to get to the plugin settings.

Any help would be appreciated!

BR/ Espen

Great to see that pressing pause no longer mutes the player! Thank you!
    QLMS 8.2@2.21 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4