Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SBT Power

(1) Power
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...=297O0WYG2KN5E I use a 16.75Ah RAVPower
    +
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161886488395 (USB to coaxial power connector) £1.09

Perhaps made more sense since I've been able to arrange the hi-fi on its own mains ring - I also use optical out since my DAC doesn't have galvanic isolation. ISTM this is optimal isolation of the transport.

Edit:

There are various alternative lithium ion batteries that are similar, please search first.

(2) I also recommend the following apps (Apps Gallery from SBT touch screen). Battery life seems to be much better. It's a reasonable assumption that noise is lowered too.
    - Enhanced Digital Output (disables analogue out)
    - Display Off (then configure system screen saver to use the new option, setting time out to 10 seconds, also see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...473#post872473)

Darren
    Last edited by darrenyeats; 2018-02-04 at 05:26.
    Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

SB Touch

Most of these things can be left charging while you draw power off them too. More UPS than battery. Also means you don't have to turn off to charge.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Most of these things can be left charging while you draw power off them too. More UPS than battery. Also means you don't have to turn off to charge.
    Some do but check for it before buying.
    I just bought a power bank for a RPi-based radio I built and I had to buy one that was completely oversized (10,800 mAh which gives me around 24h of operation with that device) one because that was the only on that would turn on automatically, allow operation while charging and had two outputs.
    There's a lot of cheap crap out there.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

True but I've not found any that quote this capability in their feature lists, yet I have about four or five cheap, probably crap, battery units that will all work just fine this way, and I use them on a bunch of rPis too.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

I think it mainly depends on the size. The big ones (10Ah and more) usually can do it, smaller ones often can't. It's probably because the smaller ones have simpler charging logic.
    But I've explicitly come across several that were not able to charge and operate at the same time while I was searching and that was only a few weeks ago, even big ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

None of mine are greater than about 5Ah, so even that rule does not seem to apply here...!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    --

Can anyone recommend a suitable power pack (with charging and powering at the same time) available this year (2018) ?
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Can anyone recommend a suitable power pack (with charging and powering at the same time) available this year (2018) ?
    How yer doin buddy?

Have a read through this

http://blog.ravpower.com/2017/10/dan...for-batteries/

You need the highest amps at 5volt for the output, but the output figure is often the sum total of all the outputs (I would guess that a min of 2 or 2.5 on one output, is enough for the SBT).

Hope you are well

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    How yer doin buddy?

Have a read through this

http://blog.ravpower.com/2017/10/dan...for-batteries/

You need the highest amps at 5volt for the output, but the output figure is often the sum total of all the outputs (I would guess that a min of 2 or 2.5 on one output, is enough for the SBT).

Hope you are well

ronnie
    Thanks .... more complicated than I thought!

Okay here .... suffering the heat wave which continues unabated down here.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The power bank from RS you found in the other thread claims to supply 2.1 Amps. If one output draws 2.1 Amps the other output cannot be used. It should be sufficient from the info in the installation document.
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Thanks .... more complicated than I thought!

Okay here .... suffering the heat wave which continues unabated down here.
    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk