Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    You need to use the lircd.conf file provided with pcp. I've modified the key mappings from the default so you can navigate jivelite properly.

It's located at /usr/local/share/lirc/files/lircd-jivelite-justboomIR and you don't need a .lircrc file. That's only required when controlling squeezelite directly with the JB IR remote.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Do you have an oscilloscope ? If so check the receiver is working (pulse train on the output when button presssed)
    Hi Jeff, no osci at hand. With a multimeter on leg 1 OUT, I measure a constant voltage of 1,92VDC when it is connected to the pi. When I press buttons on the remote, the voltage changes (drops to values between 1.6 and 1.9V), and then stays constant again when nothing is pressed. So signals are definitely received.

This is the IR receiver:
    IR_RECEIVER_2_7_5_5V_OS_1838.PDF

I soldered pin 1 to GPIO25. I uninstalled LIRC, installed jivelite, installed LIRC again and used ralphys lircd.conf, tried lirc0 and lirc1, but no success.

I want to control LMS internet radio, but the basic controls stop, play, volume only work via picoreplayers web interface.

Quote Originally Posted by cumbernube View Post
    Hi Jeff, no osci at hand. With a multimeter on leg 1 OUT, I measure a constant voltage of 1,92VDC when it is connected to the pi. When I press buttons on the remote, the voltage changes (drops to values between 1.6 and 1.9V), and then stays constant again when nothing is pressed. So signals are definitely received.

This is the IR receiver:
    IR_RECEIVER_2_7_5_5V_OS_1838.PDF

I soldered pin 1 to GPIO25. I uninstalled LIRC, installed jivelite, installed LIRC again and used ralphys lircd.conf, tried lirc0 and lirc1, but no success.

I want to control LMS internet radio, but the basic controls stop, play, volume only work via picoreplayers web interface.
    The voltage on the output of the IR Receiver seems low, mine sits at around 3v

Is it possible the IR rec is fualty ?

At the moment thats all the ideas I have, sorry.

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

i have problem with USB IR OVU412000/00, it seems he didn't recognize as hidraw device, any help

Quote Originally Posted by brookheather View Post
    I've now replaced my IQaudio Digi+ board with a Pifi clone that has a built in IR sensor and that works fine on GPIO pin 26. It would be great to have the IR emitter working from the headphone jack like on my old Squeezebox Classic model so it can be controlled by the IR-Blaster plugin.
    Did you (or anyone else) ever get a working solution for this? Or what's the current best practice to control an external amplifier with piCorePlayer?

Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    Did you (or anyone else) ever get a working solution for this? Or what's the current best practice to control an external amplifier with piCorePlayer?
    I use a Harmony Hub and remote control to control the amplifier and Digi-Pi - my Digi-Pi will respond to remote controls but I never attempted to get it to transmit IR signals.

Quote Originally Posted by brookheather View Post
    I use a Harmony Hub and remote control to control the amplifier and Digi-Pi - my Digi-Pi will respond to remote controls but I never attempted to get it to transmit IR signals.
    Unfortunately, that's exactly what I want to avoid - pointing an actual remote at anything. The IR is just for legacy equipment, the PCP get's controlled via the web interface or an app.

Quote Originally Posted by pputzer View Post
    Unfortunately, that's exactly what I want to avoid - pointing an actual remote at anything. The IR is just for legacy equipment, the PCP get's controlled via the web interface or an app.
    I use the Harmony Smart remote which uses RF to communicate with the Hub so I don't actually have to point... all equipment is in a cupboard out of sight but I agree it would be nice to control the amplifier from the Squeezebox web page which is what I used to be able to do with a Squeeze Classic.

I now have a working solution for attaching external IR blaster LEDs to a pCP (I just need to put it into the case - I fear that the existing holes in the rear panel are too big for the 3.5mm jack, so I'll need a washer or something.

Name:  IRBlaster for Raspberry.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  237.9 KB

Basically, I snipped off the IR LED from one of the better looking (circuit-wise) of the pre-made emitter shields. I can't really identify the components, but according to the data sheet, it should support both 3.3V and 5V.

So now the next challenge: Is there a way to react to application (Jivelite) events from lircd, or do I need to rewrite the IR Blaster plugin to do that? I haven't found much about sending in the thread (except about the basic setup of the GPIOs etc.

hi pputzer,

Please keep an eye on the following thread, IR is changing for pCP5.0.0

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-based-Players

regards
    Greg