Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by binky View Post
    no there is no software loaded for a dac, at audio output in picoreplayer I select (rpi-dac) and use i2s directly to i2s input audio gd nfb1 2015 dac (external dac) connected via a 25 centimeter rj45 cat 6 cable
    furthermore, no software is loaded for the isolator or dac, the only thing I have to select is to put a dip switch on slave at the isolator because the kali does not work with dac's in master mode.

further I have tried gpio 24 which is not isolated until the kali reclocker and is also not used by the kali.

where it did work was the hifiberry digi + pro and I had the i2s signal then also directly to the i2s input of the audio nfb1 2015 dac ... no problems then and the infrared worked fine.

I will try it tomorrow without isolator and so on until it works.

link audio gd dac.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB1...2015EN_Use.htm

link i2s input audio gd dac.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/I2SdefinitionEN.htm

Hmm that is very odd, I have had very little (no) trouble since lirc was integrated into Pcp (Did'nt have too much when it was a manual install !)

Out of interest which receiver do you use and have you tried it on 5v ? I ask becuase looking at the internal circuitry of the TSOP38438 it should be perfectly safe to run on 5v as it has a OC output with a 30Kohm pullup I do not know about other receivers

Name:  2018-09-11 20_08_59-TSOP38438.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  14.2 KB

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-09-11 at 12:09.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Hmm that is very odd, I have had very little (no) trouble since lirc was integrated into Pcp (Did'nt have too much when it was a manual install !)

Out of interest which receiver do you use and have you tried it on 5v ? I ask becuase looking at the internal circuitry of the TSOP38438 it should be perfectly safe to run on 5v as it has a OC output with a 30Kohm pullup I do not know about other receivers

Jeff
    infrared sensor is from marantz type remote control RC6200DV part number RC901 and this works according to the scheam on 5 volts, I have three of them ... these I have always connected to the 5 volts and never a problem.

I will also try 5 volts tomorrow.

Can I suggest you are very careful using 5V. The IR receiver may be happy but the RPi GPIOs are only 3.3V. I believe putting 5V on a GPIO will cause damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Can I suggest you are very careful using 5V. The IR receiver may be happy but the RPi GPIOs are only 3.3V. I believe putting 5V on a GPIO will cause damage.
    it is known to me that the raspberry pi gpio pin's work at 3.3 volts but the infrared sensor has been working at 5 volts for almost two years and without any problems and I have taken the gamble ..... in the rest I use 3.3 volts

Jeff
    have tried 5 volts today but without result.

have taken the allo isolator out and it works well ..

the problem is therefore the allo isolator and why it does not work with isolator is a mystery to me.
    my friend has a usb infrared adapter and I will try this if that works I buy a flirc infrared usb dongle

https://flirc.tv/flirc-usb

Quote Originally Posted by binky View Post
    have tried 5 volts today but without result.

have taken the allo isolator out and it works well ..

the problem is therefore the allo isolator and why it does not work with isolator is a mystery to me.
    my friend has a usb infrared adapter and I will try this if that works I buy a flirc infrared usb dongle

https://flirc.tv/flirc-usb
    The Flirc should work fine as it uses the USB rather than I/O and does not use lirc

Would be interesting to work out why the Isolator cuases lirc or the GPIO for the lirc to fail
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-09-12 at 03:52. Reason: added: and does not use lirc
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

The Flirc should work fine as it uses the USB rather than I/O and does not use lirc

Would be interesting to work out why the Isolator cuases lirc or the GPIO for the lirc to fail
    I will send an email to allo with the question why infrared (lirc) sensor does not work with the allo isolator ..... maybe they know the solution.