Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psketch
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Jeff07971
    I think this is the one that stumped me, the real SB3 remote does not have an enter key so some screens on the grid skin can not be used.
    I went back to the joggler skin myself
    Phew - not just me being really dense then :-) I did have a look at jivekeys, and there doesn't seem to be enter referenced in there either - so it's not jus that it's not on the SB3 remote, but rather there isn't anything to map a key too anyway. Any chance of adding it Ralphy?

Comment

• ralphy
      • Jan 2006

I've added the KEY_ENTER to jivekeys.csv.
      It's the "go" action that lets you drill down in the grid skin.

KEY_L is also mapped to the "go" action.

I use the KEY_BACKSPACE "back" action to return to the previous level with the grid skin.
      Last edited by ralphy; 2017-10-17, 12:39.
      Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
      Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

• psketch
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ralphy
        I've added the KEY_ENTER to jivekeys.csv.
        It's the "go" action that lets you drill down in the grid skin.

KEY_L is also mapped to the "go" action but NOT in the grid skin in only maps to "right".

I use the KEY_BACKSPACE "back" action to return to the previous level with the grid skin.
        Brilliant - thanks. Can you point me at how to pulled the new build from GitHub pls?

Comment

• ralphy
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by psketch
          Brilliant - thanks. Can you point me at how to pulled the new build from GitHub pls?
          Those keys have always been in squeezeplay and jivelite, there's no new build.

Also, you can use KEY_L to drill down into the grid skin.
          Wasn't working when I tried it earlier, but I just noticed lirc_rpi: AIEEEE errors in the log around the time I tested it.
          Ralphy

Comment

• ralphy
            • Jan 2006

I've updated lirc.tcz to enable GridSkin navigation in jivelite with the slimdevices remote.

It's a bit awkward to use with the original SD remote and now Playlists is no longer available on the Brightness key.

Brightness key (go) drills down to the next level, sleep key (escape) jumps back one level.

Just uninstall lirc from the Beta->Tweaks->LIRC Page button, reboot, reinstall lirc and reboot.

Note that any changes you've made to /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf will be lost when you uninstall lirc.
            Ralphy

Comment

• Aki7
              • Dec 2017

Receipe for get IR Receiver working

Hi,

i am a Linux newby, trying to get the IR Receiver running.

Have done this with MoodeAudio and Volumio with some receipes from the web.

With piCorePlayer i give up for now. Tried all the findings here and at other web sidtes. But my Linux knowledge ist too small.

Is there any working receipe available for "dummis"?

regards
              Axel

Comment

• Jeff07971
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Aki7
                Hi,

i am a Linux newby, trying to get the IR Receiver running.

Have done this with MoodeAudio and Volumio with some receipes from the web.

With piCorePlayer i give up for now. Tried all the findings here and at other web sidtes. But my Linux knowledge ist too small.

Is there any working receipe available for "dummis"?

regards
                Axel
                With picoreplayer it kinda works "out of the box" install the receiver (use gpio 25) and then install lirc in the Web GUI
                sigpic
                Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

• Aki7
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Jeff07971
                  With picoreplayer it kinda works "out of the box" install the receiver (use gpio 25) and then install lirc in the Web GUI
                  Hi Jeff,

thanks for the fast reply.

Using the actual "Audio optimized version of pCP3.22" there are not IR Receiver Options on the "Tweaks" page.

Found "lirc-tcz" at Main Page in "piCorePlayer sourceforge repository" only. Installed and rebooted. Still no Lirc Settings at Tweaks.

/usr/local/sbin/config.cfg is unchanged:

IR_LIRC="no"
                  IR_GPIO_IN="25"
                  IR_GPIO_OUT=""
                  IR_DEVICE="lirc0"
                  IR_CONFIG=""

What's wrong?

Regards
                  axel

Comment

• ralphy
                    • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Aki7
                    Hi Jeff,

thanks for the fast reply.

Using the actual "Audio optimized version of pCP3.22" there are not IR Receiver Options on the "Tweaks" page.

Found "lirc-tcz" at Main Page in "piCorePlayer sourceforge repository" only. Installed and rebooted. Still no Lirc Settings at Tweaks.

/usr/local/sbin/config.cfg is unchanged:

IR_LIRC="no"
                    IR_GPIO_IN="25"
                    IR_GPIO_OUT=""
                    IR_DEVICE="lirc0"
                    IR_CONFIG=""

What's wrong?

Regards
                    axel
                    You need to click on the Beta tab at the bottom of the main page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	beta.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	1563752

Then lirc will be in the Tweaks page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lirc.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	1563753
                    Ralphy

Comment

• brookheather
                      • Mar 2006

On the LIRC page there is an option to use a USB remote control instead of GPIO - can I use any USB IR receiver or are there specific models recommended? Can I just order one of these for example?

Comment

• Greg Erskine
                        • Sep 2006

hi brookheather,

That looks like the USB Remote control I tested lirc with, so it should just work.

regards
                        Greg

Comment

• brookheather
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Greg Erskine
                          That looks like the USB Remote control I tested lirc with, so it should just work.
                          Hi - I just received the USB IR receiver but it doesn't seem to work. I'm using my original Squeezebox Boom remote control but nothing happens when I press Play. I have the LIRC set to hidraw1 - does it matter which USB port I'm using? I have a Raspberry Pi 3.

I just checked the logfile and there is an error?

Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: lircd(default) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd
                          Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
                          Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: could not get hardware features
                          Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: this device driver does not support the LIRC ioctl interface
                          Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: major number of /dev/hidraw1 is 247
                          Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: make sure /dev/hidraw1 is a LIRC device and use a current version of the driver
                          Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: WARNING: Failed to initialize hardware

Comment

• ralphy
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by brookheather
                            Hi - I just received the USB IR receiver but it doesn't seem to work. I'm using my original Squeezebox Boom remote control but nothing happens when I press Play. I have the LIRC set to hidraw1 - does it matter which USB port I'm using? I have a Raspberry Pi 3.

I just checked the logfile and there is an error?

Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: lircd(default) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd
                            Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
                            Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: could not get hardware features
                            Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: this device driver does not support the LIRC ioctl interface
                            Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: major number of /dev/hidraw1 is 247
                            Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: make sure /dev/hidraw1 is a LIRC device and use a current version of the driver
                            Jan 1 00:00:12 piCorePlayer lircd: WARNING: Failed to initialize hardware
                            We are using lirc 0.9.0 which is not up to date.

The current lircd uses the newer lirc integrated kernel drivers which do not work with jivelite.

If you could provide the dmesg.txt file from this command and the details of the usb ir receiver I might be able to help get it going.

dmesg > dmesg.txt
                            Ralphy

Comment

• ralphy
                              • Jan 2006

The details of the usb ir receiver?
                              If you bought it online you could provide a url

/dev/hidraw1 is a mouse device, so that won't work with lircd

I don't see a usb ir receiver in dmesg and is likely due to missing kernel device drivers.
                              Ralphy

Comment

• brookheather
                                • Mar 2006

If you bought it online you could provide a url

/dev/hidraw1 is a mouse device, so that won't work with lircd

I don't see a usb ir receiver in dmesg and is likely due to missing kernel device drivers.
                                Thanks - this is the one I bought - it works fine in Windows 10 when I tried it:

Comment

Working...