Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    ~/.lircrc is the default path squeezelite uses if no filename has been specified with the -i option.

This has been fixed in picoreplayer 5.0 as we now include the path and filename with the -i option.

For 4.1 I'd suggest putting your file at /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircrc as you suggested.

Then add usr/local/etc/lirc/lircrc to the end of /opt/.filetool.lst and save your configuration.

Then your file will be restored whenever you reboot pcp.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by hartzell View Post

I've been getting a headless pi & IQaudio DAC+ working with the little silver Apple remote (A1294). I'm almost there (after a bit of digging and poking).

I'm using piCorePlayer v4.1.0:

[...]

My last problem is that squeezelight fails to load the .lircrc file when running as root.

I just noticed the piCorePlayer 5.0.0 release; my configuration with the A1294 works by installing the specific lircd.conf and lircrc files without the problems I described yesterday.

Thanks for the great system!

Sorry to be posting but am at a loss.

Flashed picoreplayer with the latest image available, all setup OK on a pi3b+

I want to connect an old monitor up and use jivelite and also control the system using a remote. This is proving problematic.

I'm using a 3 pin IR receiver - /dev/lirc0 and it runs off gpio pin 17. This appears to work fine until I install jivelite whereupon lircd will no longer start automatically.

I tried reflashing from scratch, installing jivelite, installing lirc but the same thing happens each time.

Have also tried the -i option but either lircd does not start or aI am inputting it incorreclty.

If I then remove jivelite, lirc, I am stuck in a loop where lirc says it's installed but not started. If I try to uninstall it again it seems to go through the motions but after a reboot it is still there but not running. A reflash is the only way (for me) to recover.

I am obviously not a linux expert and have read through hours worth of threads which I have followed but for some reason my setup is not working. I don't think it is unique and have a harmony 650 so can program that with most remotes available which should make things easier.

Harmony is programmed with Logitech squeezebox buttons and if I reflash the pi sd card and enable lirc all works out of the box, it's once I try and add jivelite things get messy.

Any help gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by PossumJenkins View Post
    Sorry to be posting but am at a loss.

Flashed picoreplayer with the latest image available, all setup OK on a pi3b+

I want to connect an old monitor up and use jivelite and also control the system using a remote. This is proving problematic.

I'm using a 3 pin IR receiver - /dev/lirc0 and it runs off gpio pin 17. This appears to work fine until I install jivelite whereupon lircd will no longer start automatically.

I tried reflashing from scratch, installing jivelite, installing lirc but the same thing happens each time.

Have also tried the -i option but either lircd does not start or aI am inputting it incorreclty.

If I then remove jivelite, lirc, I am stuck in a loop where lirc says it's installed but not started. If I try to uninstall it again it seems to go through the motions but after a reboot it is still there but not running. A reflash is the only way (for me) to recover.

I am obviously not a linux expert and have read through hours worth of threads which I have followed but for some reason my setup is not working. I don't think it is unique and have a harmony 650 so can program that with most remotes available which should make things easier.

Harmony is programmed with Logitech squeezebox buttons and if I reflash the pi sd card and enable lirc all works out of the box, it's once I try and add jivelite things get messy.

Any help gratefully received.
    I think that lirc is for squeezelite only, If you want to use IR remotes with Jivelite you need to load IR-Tools

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.6 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I think that lirc is for squeezelite only, If you want to use IR remotes with Jivelite you need to load IR-Tools

Jeff

Yup thanks for the advice, after accepting my own stupidity I have now got it sorted using the jivelite config file instead

cheers