Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Selecting Favorites by entering its number - Can this be done?

Hello,
    I have only just discovered piCorePlayer as I was looking how to replace my 13-years-old Squeezebox Classic.
    I love PCP so far, especially the Infrared support.
    My configuration is simple a Raspi 2 and an Anavi Infrared pHat. As I am totally blind, I don't have (or need) a display.

What I miss is this feature available on some Squeezeboxes I push the "Favorites" button, then I enter the number of a favorite (something between 1 and 68 in my case), and then i hit "Play". And Squeezebox would start playing this Favorite.

Is there a chance this could be implemented? Or has it already been done and I have simply not found it yet?

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Swissionary View Post
    Hello,
    I have only just discovered piCorePlayer as I was looking how to replace my 13-years-old Squeezebox Classic.
    I love PCP so far, especially the Infrared support.
    My configuration is simple a Raspi 2 and an Anavi Infrared pHat. As I am totally blind, I don't have (or need) a display.

What I miss is this feature available on some Squeezeboxes I push the "Favorites" button, then I enter the number of a favorite (something between 1 and 68 in my case), and then i hit "Play". And Squeezebox would start playing this Favorite.

Is there a chance this could be implemented? Or has it already been done and I have simply not found it yet?

Thanks for your help!
    The feature is not currently implemented in pCP, but I was able to confirm that with a few changes it does work.

I've only tested it with a slimdevices remote, but should work with any remote and modified lircd.conf file.

I'll post an update when I have completed the changes
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The feature is not currently implemented in pCP, but I was able to confirm that with a few changes it does work.

I've only tested it with a slimdevices remote, but should work with any remote and modified lircd.conf file.

I'll post an update when I have completed the changes
    This sounds awesome. Thanks for investing time and effort into this! I am looking forward to the update!

This feature is now available in pCP 6.0 using a slimdevices/logitech remote.

To apply the changes, first you need to update the pcp-lirc.tcz extension.

From the web interface navigate from the Main Page

Main Page -> Additional Functions Section -> Extensions -> Installed Tab -> Select pcp-lirc.tcz from list -> Update Button

and then reboot.

Main Page -> Reboot

Afterward you need to update squeezelite to v1.9.7-1237-pCP.

From the web interface Main Page navigate to

Main Page -> Update Squeezelite

After squeezelite is downloaded and restarted you can play a favorite as you described.

This sounds awesome. Thanks for investing time and effort into this! I am looking forward to the update!
    You're welcome. Please post here if you run into issues.
    Ralphy

This feature is now available in pCP 6.0 using a slimdevices/logitech remote.
    And it works perfectly!
    This is awesome! Thank you so much for doing this.

Now I don't have to pick up the phone every time I want to change station.

Best Regards!

More buttons on Slim Devices remote

Hi i recently updated to the latest version of PCP and i thought i would add the IR receiver - which is working great - thanks very much.

However, i wondered about adding support for a few more buttons - eg sleep / now playing (I am planning to add a simple 2 x 40 line LCD later) - is it just a case of adding the relevant lines into the lircd.conf file or am i missing something ??

Many thanks

- Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by chazza View Post
    Hi i recently updated to the latest version of PCP and i thought i would add the IR receiver - which is working great - thanks very much.

However, i wondered about adding support for a few more buttons - eg sleep / now playing (I am planning to add a simple 2 x 40 line LCD later) - is it just a case of adding the relevant lines into the lircd.conf file or am i missing something ??

Many thanks

- Charlie
    The pcp squeezelite lircd.conf file for the slimdevices remote should contain entries for all buttons available on the remotes.

The nowplaying, size and brightness buttons are commented out in ir.c as pressing them crashed LMS. From what I could tell LMS was expecting there to be a display object available for the player.

squeezelite would need to recompiled and/or a runtime config flag added to enable them as required.
    Ralphy

The pcp squeezelite lircd.conf file for the slimdevices remote should contain entries for all buttons available on the remotes.

The nowplaying, size and brightness buttons are commented out in ir.c as pressing them crashed LMS. From what I could tell LMS was expecting there to be a display object available for the player.

squeezelite would need to recompiled and/or a runtime config flag added to enable them as required.
    Ah thanks - well, this is where i'm going next as i want to create a squeezebox classic type thing - actually, just the current track title / artist display, volume and sleep timer for the bedroom. I know there are a number of options for using 2x20 character lcd's and i am assuming i can just pass some LMS info to the LCD driver. but it does sound like it might be a bit more involved than i thought ?!

- Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by chazza View Post
    Ah thanks - well, this is where i'm going next as i want to create a squeezebox classic type thing - actually, just the current track title / artist display, volume and sleep timer for the bedroom. I know there are a number of options for using 2x20 character lcd's and i am assuming i can just pass some LMS info to the LCD driver. but it does sound like it might be a bit more involved than i thought ?!

- Charlie
    Have you seen the SqueezeAMP project?

It supports several sizes of screens and IR was recently added. There was a recent call in interest for orders.
    Ralphy

IR "Random" key possible?

Hi Ralph, I recently set up an IR remote I had sitting around with my PCP v6.0.0, it works great. I had to build a custom lircd.conf and .lircrc but finally figured it out and used the Tweaks page to get everything loaded correctly.

All the button functions in the original tcz-lirc work, but I could definitely use a "Random Songs" button. I have this function on the PCP main web page:

Name:  picoreporch.PNG
Views: 41
Size:  31.6 KB

What's involved in mapping this function to the IR remote?

Thanks again for all the effort you put into Squeeze*.