Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi tcutting,

I believe Triode's version uses luajit, where Ralphys uses lua.

regards
    Greg
    so that means luajit has reduced or at least different command set compared to lua?
    if yes, there would be no way around changing jivelite version, right?
    and which one is the one that works?
    Last edited by sweetnothings; 2016-02-02 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi tcutting,

I believe Triode's version uses luajit, where Ralphys uses lua.

regards
    Greg
    To clarify, only my picoreplayer and solaris jivelite packages use the original squeezeplay lua, all other builds use luajit.
    I had to add the lua bitop module to the original squeezeplay lua 5.1.1 for jivelite to work with it.

The picoreplayer jivelite github repo has general instructions on building jivelite with the modified squeezeplay lua.

https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-jivelite
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    To install into JiveLite on PiCorePlayer, you need to create two applet directories on your PiCorePlayer at: /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets
    First is "CustomClock", and you need to place the extracted files from the "CustomClock_JL_800x480_001.zip" file. Second is "LicenseManager", and place the extracted files from the "LicenseManager_Applet_001.zip" file.
    How to do this, is There a filemanager in picoreplayer and can it be done putty

Quote Originally Posted by gnist View Post
    If you really want to do it manually, you can use something like WinSCP to move files into the directories - you probably need to use putty as well (to modify permissions).
    It's FAR easier to use the Applet Installer.
    From LMS, you would add the repository path to the Plugins page under settings. (Look at the original post on this thread).
    On Jivelite, you can find the Applet Installer, typically under Settings/Advanced Settings.
    You will need to install the LicenseManager and CustomClock applets on Jivelite (and save settings).
    You also need the LicenseManager and CustomClockHelper plugins running on LMS.
    The CustomClock and CustomClockHelper require license from Erland.
    Once everything is installed, you can use the CustomClockHelper on LMS to import the clock styles I posted on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gnist View Post
    LOL, filemanger in piCorePlayer, wash your mouth out

If you need one there is mc, midnight commander.

$ tce-load -iw mc

regards
    Greg

Custom Clock and Display off

Hi
    I changed to the PiCorePlayer to have original lua support for adding CustomClock.
    But i hit a new problem now. As soon as i install the CustomClock Applet, the Display Off patch from Ralphy seems broken.
    After installing CustomClock applet, there is no more "when off" setting in the screensaver menu from jivelite.
    Is it possible that the CustomClock breaks the DisplayOff patch for the 7" touch screen?
    What can i do?

Edit: i forgot to say, the settings on "when off" screensaver i did before installing CustomClock (displayoff after 10 sec.) is still working but only the menu disapeared.
    even uninstall applet does not bring the menu back
    Last edited by sweetnothings; 2016-02-12 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetnothings View Post
    Hi
    I changed to the PiCorePlayer to have original lua support for adding CustomClock.
    But i hit a new problem now. As soon as i install the CustomClock Applet, the Display Off patch from Ralphy seems broken.
    After installing CustomClock applet, there is no more "when off" setting in the screensaver menu from jivelite.
    Is it possible that the CustomClock breaks the DisplayOff patch for the 7" touch screen?
    What can i do?

Edit: i forgot to say, the settings on "when off" screensaver i did before installing CustomClock (displayoff after 10 sec.) is still working but only the menu disapeared.
    even uninstall applet does not bring the menu back
    I am confused by your reference to the "Display Off patch". I am running PiCorePlayer 2.01. I did NOT install any "patches". I have jivelite enabled (from "tweaks"). I installed the CustomClock and LicenseManager applets using the Applet Installer.

I just confirmed that I have the menu for "When off" under "Settings/Screen/Screensavers", and within that menu I can select "Display Off" (it shows up in the menu after the 9 "custom clock" configurations. I was able to select it, and it appears to turn off the screen when the "power" on Jivelite is selected.

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    I am confused by your reference to the "Display Off patch". I am running PiCorePlayer 2.01. I did NOT install any "patches". I have jivelite enabled (from "tweaks"). I installed the CustomClock and LicenseManager applets using the Applet Installer.

I just confirmed that I have the menu for "When off" under "Settings/Screen/Screensavers", and within that menu I can select "Display Off" (it shows up in the menu after the 9 "custom clock" configurations. I was able to select it, and it appears to turn off the screen when the "power" on Jivelite is selected.
    that is a patch from ralphy which is already integrated in ralphys jivelite build which is selectable in the picoreplayer tweaks. when i was on a wheezy image before with unmodified jivelite, the display does not turn off, and there was no "when off" state on unmodified jivelite.

to clarify my problem, i CAN select the DisplayOff Screensaver, but i can NOT choose a scrennsaver for a "when off" state, only for playing and paused state. the when off state is not listed under screensaver settings.

Edit: ALL WORKING NOW
    - i started over with fresh pcp 2.01 image, installed jivelite first, choosed ENGLISH language and joggler skin in jivelite
    - backup and reboot, checked "when off" setting is still there
    - installed License Manager 1.1.67 and CustomClock 1.01.002
    - backup and reboot, checked "when off" setting is still there
    - configured CustomClock and set it for when paused and when off
    - backup and reboot, checked "when off" setting is still there and getting triggered
    - set german language within jivelite
    - backup and reboot, checked "when off" setting is still there and getting triggered
    - changed my other settings from pcp menu as wifi, resizeFS, network settings, ...

All working OK now!

I think most possible thing was set english language before installing the applets but i didnt started over again to proof it.

tnx tcutting and ralphy for helping
    Last edited by sweetnothings; 2016-02-13 at 04:07. Reason: SOLVED

Moonphase image with transparent background

Hi tcutting,

I have the SuperDateTime plugin up and running on piCorePlayer. Everything works great but I have one minor niggle .

The image used for the moonphase has no transparent background and when I set the wallpaper to anything other than black, there is a black square visible behind the moonphase image. Would it be possible to replace these images from wundergorund with these one I found on the net and are free to use?

Regards,

Arie
    Last edited by kolossos4730; 2016-03-02 at 12:13.

In Webinterface-Settings-Advanced should be the Custom Clock Helper in a drop down list. There you can configure many options of the selected Clock. Maybe you find URI settings for your moonphase picture.