Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squeezebox App (1.1.4) on Android Devices no longer working?

Is it just me or did the app break after some update to 1.1.4 (which Android tends to happily execute on its own)? Both my Nexus 9 and Samsung S6 Edge act the same ways as one starts the app - it hangs in the "Free Your Music" screen. And yes, I have cleared data and cache in the app manager.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540

Didn't you ask that before? Plenty of threads here on it. It doesn't work with the Chromium browser engine in Android 5 and newer
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Didn't you ask that before? Plenty of threads here on it. It doesn't work with the Chromium browser engine in Android 5 and newer
    No, I haven't had the issue before. It was working until May. When an upgrade to Android 6.0 blew up my Nexus 9, i used my iPads. Now that I got around to restore the Nexus 9, I noticed that the app doesn't work anymore. Shame. But I guess we're going to see more of that with official and semi-official apps going forward. Makes me wish Logitech had build a business model around software, not only hardware. I bought the Squeezer app the other day, so it can be done. :-)

Thanks for the info.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub

Squeezebox App (1.1.4) on Android Devices no longer working?

Well, there are plenty of good 3rd party apps for Android, so I don't really see a problem going forward there. Some are well supported and under active development (Squeezer is one).
    Logitech can't do a software business model, they are a manufacturing company
    Last edited by pippin; 2015-12-26 at 15:47.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Well, there are plenty of good 3rd party apps for Android, so I don't really see a problem going forward there. Some are well supported and under active development (Squeezer is one).
    Logitech can't do a software business model, they are a manufacturing company
    Squeezer - active? Where?
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last update is from July, that's at least not ages ago
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Last update is from July, that's at least not ages ago
    squeezer works flawlessly on the latest Android version - that's all i can ask from a software developer. from then on it's market economy taking its course. it would *not* be good if we're only left with remotes of course... but as long as LMS works we have the web interface. and luckily there are ways to keep it going for a while.
    ...pablo

There are also two players for Android. I believe both got updates as recently as this week or so.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Squeezer and mysqueezebox.com?

Hi,

Sorry for writing in this really old thread but it was what I could find on my subject i had an old < 5 android phone and pad for a long time (the pad i still have and use) and have used Squeezer alongside Logitech's Squeezebox app. The nice thing with Logi's app was/is that it can connect to MySqueezebox.com which seemingly Squeezer can't? Or can it? Does anyone know? Naturally I now have a much newer android phone so I'm stuck with Squeezer. So one more Q, does anyone know if it's possible to install Squeezebox 1.1.4 on newer android version? And if, how? Think my newer phone has android 6.01.

Naturally if anyone know if any of the other remote app's works with connecting to MySq.com I'm also eager to hear.

Orange Squeeze and Squeeze Commander can both connect to mysqueezebox.com; I'm certain that Squeezer can also. Look for some option to "Change server" and it should be available there.

You might also try Material Skin; search the forum.

"Official" Squeezebox app stopped working after Android 5.