Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS <--> TIDAL Sync Issues

So, I'm now running LMS 7.8.0 with ickStream on a Window 7 laptop, linked to several SB Touch and controlled iPeng. Everything works nicely at the moment...EXCEPT getting synchronization between LMS and TIDAL. LMS selections are a derivative of TIDAL "My Music" Artist and Album libraries. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? How did you fix the issue? I'm suspicious my Avast Internet Security protection could be blocking. If I had a better understanding of how LMS using the ickStream plugin communicates with TIDAL, I might be able to add/create an "exclusion" setting.

I search for new music and manage my TIDAL account using both their computer-based Web Player or robust/easy-to-navigate iPhone app. Being direct links, both show accurate libraries.
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2015-12-16 at 08:48.
    Music Sources: TIDAL & Spotify > LMS 8.1.2 > Three SBTs controlled using iPeng 9.7.4 app on iOS devices.
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
    Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL > iPhone > Bose Mini BT speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    So, I'm now running LMS 7.8.0 with ickStream on a Window 7 laptop, linked to several SB Touch and controlled iPeng. Everything works nicely at the moment...EXCEPT getting synchronization between LMS and TIDAL. LMS selections are a derivative of TIDAL "My Music" Artist and Album libraries. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? How did you fix the issue? I'm suspicious my Avast Internet Security protection could be blocking. If I had a better understanding of how LMS using the ickStream plugin communicates with TIDAL, I might be able to add/create an "exclusion" setting.

I search for new music and manage my TIDAL account using both their computer-based Web Player or robust/easy-to-navigate iPhone app. Being direct links, both show accurate libraries.
    Dan, if you think the Avast may be causing the problem, why not just swap it out for Microsft Essentials and see how you go. You will need to do a COMPLETE uninstall of Avast. ME is certainly no worse (that I have found).

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Dan, if you think the Avast may be causing the problem, why not just swap it out for Microsft Essentials and see how you go. You will need to do a COMPLETE uninstall of Avast. ME is certainly no worse (that I have found).

Ronnie
    Easier - deactivate Avast temporarily. Test.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Easier - deactivate Avast temporarily. Test.

Correct

I'm just plain prejudiced against Avast

Ronnie

Prejudiced?

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Correct

I'm just plain prejudiced against Avast

Ronnie
    Have you had personal experience with Avast?

Can anyone tell me which ports LMS utilizes?

Maybe be the answer is finding some cheap, low-wattage server (hardware) which can be left on 24X7, install LMS, and use it with NO security protection whatsoever. What my best option?
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2015-12-17 at 09:41.
    Music Sources: TIDAL & Spotify > LMS 8.1.2 > Three SBTs controlled using iPeng 9.7.4 app on iOS devices.
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers
    Library: SB Touch(2) > Wyred mINT > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Big Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Dayton Audio amp > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL > iPhone > Bose Mini BT speaker.

Dan, when I first started with a computer I was keen to try all the free anti-virus and firewalls.

This was maybe 8/10 years ago.

I had so much trouble with driver conflicts and suchlike that I then switched to paid for protection.

Each year I tried a different one, some lasted for more than one year.

I gave up on them when Microsoft launched its own (re-branded, one they bought) and it served me fine.

Every now and then I launch Malwarebytes free, for a system check and sometimes try a live computer scan from one of the big brands.

I have not experienced any problems.

If you want to go with a low cost, always on, then the raspberry pi B2 with Max2play is a good choice.

There are other options, but that will involve some maintenance.

If you go for a pi, drop me a pm and I can amend one of my backups and give you a download link.

This will save you a bit of time.

All you really need for the pi is a good class 10 card of about 16gb and a good power supply of just over the 5volts and of least 2/2.5 amps.

Ronnie.

The usual ones same as ever 3483 TCP/UDP and probably 9000 TCP if you did not change it and possibly ( 9090 for CLI implemetations of some sort ? never had anything use that )

Also the triode spotify plugin have its own port setting
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html