Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Hmm... I certainly see Genres here. Are you browsing it in LMS mode, or
    UPnP/DLNA? Is the server showing the teal LMS logo?
    LMS, it shows the logo and I can browse artists and play all files...

Quote Originally Posted by BosseJ View Post
    Have you checked your settings for AdditionalBrowseModes, in Settings->Player->AdditionalBrowseModes? The "Genre" option must be ticked for that menu-item to appear I think.
    Thanks, checked that (although I first had to move a player over to the other server to do that) and even enabled everything under "custom browse", but no changes. Also tried uninstalling "custom browse" and "AdditionalBrowseModes", doesn't work..

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post

Thanks, checked that (although I first had to move a player over to the other server to do that) and even enabled everything under "custom browse", but no changes. Also tried uninstalling "custom browse" and "AdditionalBrowseModes", doesn't work..
    The "Remote" menu items follow what is set in the players "Additional Browse Modes".

This has nothing to do with Erland's "Custom Browse" plugin.

Name:  remote02.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  114.7 KB

Name:  remote01.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  92.4 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 7xRPi

Thanks, checked that (although I first had to move a player over to the other server to do that)
    You need to set additional browse mode settings on the server you are using, not on the remote server.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    You need to set additional browse mode settings on the server you are using, not on the remote server.

Yes, agreed, I forgot to mention this point.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Yes, agreed, I forgot to mention this point.
    The OPs comment about moving a player to the other server alerted me

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    The OPs comment about moving a player to the other server alerted me

And from the same OP's post, it may be worth mentioning that Additional Browse Modes settings are per player - each player can have different settings.
    Last edited by kidstypike; 2020-10-18 at 08:50.

Just a little kibitzing... Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to say something like "All players use the same settings", just like "shipping address is the same as billing address".
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.4 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Test system - LMS 8.0 nightly on Win10Pro - Squeezeplay
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    And from the same OP's post, it may be worth mentioning that Additional Browse Modes settings are per player - each player can have different settings.
    Yeps, I did change the settings on the additional server. And even tried switching to the player where I changed the settings on the main server before entering the Remote Libraries. But get the same effect everywhere I try.

But I found the issue now: The original server had the "hide menus" plugin installed. I thought I needed that once, when setting up hierarchical genre browsing. But in Material skin it doesn't do anything relevant. So I uninstalled it now and it all works.

Apologies for the confession, but thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Just a little kibitzing... Wouldn't it be nice if there was an option to say something like "All players use the same settings", just like "shipping address is the same as billing address".
    I think that's actually how it works in Material. I had never touched those player settings before and never thought about it.

Usually I keep all players synched anyway, no use case for playing different music in different rooms in our house, and in Material for me the browse menu always looks the same regardless of what player is selected.

One thing that could be an improvement to Material skin would be a faster access to manage all players. The only reason I sometimes switch players in the interface is to change the volume in another room. That can also be achieved through the "Manage players" menu, but that's all the way at the bottom of the list of players.. For me it would make more sense to have that at the top, so you could go straight there..

I think that's actually how it works in Material. I had never touched those player settings before and never thought about it.

Usually I keep all players synched anyway, no use case for playing different music in different rooms in our house, and in Material for me the browse menu always looks the same regardless of what player is selected.

One thing that could be an improvement to Material skin would be a faster access to manage all players. The only reason I sometimes switch players in the interface is to change the volume in another room. That can also be achieved through the "Manage players" menu, but that's all the way at the bottom of the list of players.. For me it would make more sense to have that at the top, so you could go straight there..

In Material under Player Settings > Extra Settings - you can choose the menu items for a player's Additional Browse Modes".

However it doesn't seem to work, even though it actually changes the ABM in the default skin where it does work.

Name:  ABMmaterial01.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  42.7 KB

Name:  ABMmaterial02.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  30.9 KB

Name:  ABMmaterial03.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  ABMmaterial04.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  9.3 KB