Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Same Probs here

I have the same Problems. I use the Raspberry2 with the original 7" Touchdisplay and an Hifiberry Amp+. Also the original Raspberry Wlan USB stick.
    I also get the messages "Sending discover" and after that No, lease failing.
    This identical setup has no Probs with the actual Raspian Image. Wifi is no Prob via DHCP.

When i try to connect vi the web interface i get an

[ ERROR ] Broadcom RPi3 firmware load error.

And last but not least i get an interesting Message before the udhcpc start:
    Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) : too few arguments.

Any hints to get this fantastic project working with wifi?

Gooze
    Last edited by gooze; 2016-08-25 at 11:24.

Another interesting thing. When i use the wifi.sh script, enter the ssid and passphrase and i get an id from the dhcp server.

That means, the router is not the problem.

Gooze

Quote Originally Posted by gooze View Post
    Another interesting thing. When i use the wifi.sh script, enter the ssid and passphrase and i get an id from the dhcp server.

That means, the router is not the problem.

Gooze
    We use the same process as wifi.sh, the only difference is that we are saving the SSID and the Password not reading it from a keyboard. It likely means that you have special characters in your SSID or password. Use Letters and numbers only.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    We use the same process as wifi.sh, the only difference is that we are saving the SSID and the Password not reading it from a keyboard. It likely means that you have special characters in your SSID or password. Use Letters and numbers only.
    I use only Letters and numbers. No Special Characters. This could not be the reason!
    Where do you call your script? Could it be that the Arguments are not parsed correctly?

Gooze

I think i got my prob solved!

My ESSID is case sensitive. I did not recognize that.
    Now it is working!

You had me worried for a while!

I'am sorry.

I've been using PiCore Player on a Rasberry Pi (3 I think) with 7" touchscreen and it has always worked splendoriferously. Recently, I moved to a new address and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the WiFI settings. When I boot up the Rasberry Pi, it doesn't tell me me the IP address, which I would theoretically use to configure using web interface. It's been a few years since I've done this. I've tried removing the WiFi dongle, but it is still trying to access my old WiFi. Maybe I need to flash a new Picore image to the SD card and start all over?

Quote Originally Posted by ghulse View Post
    I've been using PiCore Player on a Rasberry Pi (3 I think) with 7" touchscreen and it has always worked splendoriferously. Recently, I moved to a new address and for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the WiFI settings. When I boot up the Rasberry Pi, it doesn't tell me me the IP address, which I would theoretically use to configure using web interface. It's been a few years since I've done this. I've tried removing the WiFi dongle, but it is still trying to access my old WiFi. Maybe I need to flash a new Picore image to the SD card and start all over?
    Are you able to temporarily connect your RPi to your router via ethernet cable? Boot up RPi and it should get an IP address which you can look up in LMS > Settings. Open that IP address and you'll get piCorePlayer management page.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Are you able to temporarily connect your RPi to your router via ethernet cable? Boot up RPi and it should get an IP address which you can look up in LMS > Settings. Open that IP address and you'll get piCorePlayer management page.
    That didn't work, but I reflashed the SD card with the same version of PcP and it works! Thanks!