Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Depends on your tagging template, look from http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post880891 how I have tagged classical works.
    Let me start with: You're totally missing out on Karajan & Berliner Philharmoniker (the 1962 recording) [I wrote too hastily. You have one recording. Which one is it?]. And staying with this example, there are at least four recordings of Karajan & Berliner Philharmoniker (1962, 1963 (live), 1977 and 1983). Your tagging template would not cover that. Sure, you can add the year also to the album title.

To visualize your suggestion: Instead of removing the child lock in the back doors of a car, you suggest that the passengers in the back exit the vehicle using the retractable roof. While this works somehow, it's not the way it should be done.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2017-12-31 at 06:45. Reason: Added stuff in brackets.
    QLMS 7.9.2@1.09b (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Just my 2 cents;
    Would be great if we could get support for more classical tags, like work and opus.

I just started with classical music tagging and I am using this;
    Album = composer: works; conductor; orchestra; main performer
    Title = work incl. key, opus number, movement
    Composer = composer full name
    Conductor = conductor full name
    Artist = composer full name
    Album artist = main performer, orchestra or conductor (the one that is most important)
    I use artistsort and composersort to sort by last name of the composer.

Album example;
    Mozart: Piano Concertos 20-21; Christian Zackerias; Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra; Jan Lisiecki
    Smetana: String Quartets 1-2; Pavel Haas Quartet

Title example;
    Piano Concerto No. 20 In D Minor, K. 466, 1. Allegro

In mp3tag I tag work, movement, opus, band, conductor and performer so I can use those to fill in the title via the above formula.
    I do not split works over multiple albums as the current method is enough work already. I’m sure that this would not work for everyone but it works for me.
    Last edited by Blackfiction; 2018-01-02 at 05:55.
    Living: SB Touch -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
    Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
    Kids rooms: SB Booms
    Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
    Controls: iPeng & LMS via internet
    Server: Windows 10 with LMS 7.9.1
    Spare: 1 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 1 SB Radio

Quote Originally Posted by quadronado View Post
    Maybe Michael can say if it is possible to add support of these to tags to the LMS. I would be interessted, too, even if I prefer to listen to CD Albums instead of works.
    I don't know, really. The documentation of the Audio::Scan module (https://github.com/andygrundman/Audio-Scan) doesn't mention them. But there's some code hinting it should be available.

Could someone, who's got some of those tags in his files, drill down to the track's page in LMS, then further down to TAGS. Would those values show up in that list?
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I don't know, really. The documentation of the Audio::Scan module (https://github.com/andygrundman/Audio-Scan) doesn't mention them. But there's some code hinting it should be available.

Could someone, who's got some of those tags in his files, drill down to the track's page in LMS, then further down to TAGS. Would those values show up in that list?
    Do you mean this?

Name:  LMS_track.png
Views: 161
Size:  74.0 KB

Here ya go.
    Name:  lms.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  203.3 KB
    Living: SB Touch -> Benchmark DAC2 HGC -> Benchmark AHB2 -> ATC SCM19 v2 & Sennheiser HD650
    Kitchen: SB Touch -> Audio Pro Addon T10 gen2
    Kids rooms: SB Booms
    Bedroom: SB Boom & SB Radio
    Controls: iPeng & LMS via internet
    Server: Windows 10 with LMS 7.9.1
    Spare: 1 SB Touch, 1 SB3, 1 SB Radio

I may be wrong, but don't you see all kind of tags in that list, regardless of beeing supported by the Lms?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
    Some of my spotify playlists: Joni Mitchell covered - Johnny Cash originals

Quote Originally Posted by quadronado View Post
    I may be wrong, but don't you see all kind of tags in that list, regardless of beeing supported by the Lms?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
    Right, you'll see all the tags, but they won't all be available for use in menus after a regular scan, a custom scan is still required.

Hi All,

I got most valuable hints and ideas from following document, which is sadly long gone in Web and only available at Wayback Machine:
    Proposals for extending Ogg Vorbis comments.

IMHO Opinion, FLAC won among Lossless Formats, because of its simplicity, paired with quality.
    Therefore i am bit spoiled because of great tagging possibilities i learned to use and value in FLAC Format.
    I also noticed here discussion about mp3tag. I must admit that although i use foobar2000 for all my possible needs,
    and tried most of taggers around for Windows Platform, no program gave me such combination of simplicity + quality, as much as mp3tag.

I use for my Classical Recordings mostly these Tags:
    ARTIST (for Composer)
    OPUS (as in widely accepted Opus numbers for Composer: Bach Works are BWV number)
    ENSEMBLE
    CHOIR
    PART (for MOVEMENTS, for example Allegro Assai)
    PARTNUMBER (I, or 1)
    LYRICS (for Librettos, etc.)
    PERFORMER (for Performer of work, always in format: firstname surname (instrument), like Glenn Gould (piano)
    CONDUCTOR
    GENRE (always Classical)
    STYLE (Opera, Chamber,....)
    NARRATOR
    MEDIATYPE (Vinyl, CD..)
    TITLE (Title of work, for example, Concerto In B Flat Major No. 3)
    YEAR (when is work really realeased, for example dufays Missa, 1450)
    ALBUM (exact name of album or cd or..)

This gives me freedom to sort, find, and do many other things with recordings.
    For LMS, i use then Custom Scan and Custom Browse.

That is summary of my experience with that subject...
    Last edited by Obyvatel; 2018-01-24 at 12:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Obyvatel View Post
    I use for my Classical Recordings mostly these Tags:
    ARTIST (for Composer)
    That's sad.