Can Touch be set to output no signal when asleep?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicholasg
    • Jun 2008

Can Touch be set to output no signal when asleep?

I have a touch connected via coax to a pair of active speakers. The speakers will only go to sleep when there is no signal. It seems that even when the Touch has been sent to sleep it is outputting some sort of signal as the speakers only sleep when I unplug the coax cable from the back of the Touch.

Is this normal behavior for the Touch? Any possible work arounds (other than unplugging the digital output)?

Thanks,
    Nicholas
  • Jeff07971
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by nicholasg
    I have a touch connected via coax to a pair of active speakers. The speakers will only go to sleep when there is no signal. It seems that even when the Touch has been sent to sleep it is outputting some sort of signal as the speakers only sleep when I unplug the coax cable from the back of the Touch.

Is this normal behavior for the Touch? Any possible work arounds (other than unplugging the digital output)?

Thanks,
    Nicholas
    Not sure if this will help but in LMS > Settings > Player, Try setting "Turn off audio" to "Disable outputs when Off"

May not work for digital output though
    sigpic
    Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

• nicholasg
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Jeff07971
      Not sure if this will help but in LMS > Settings > Player, Try setting "Turn off audio" to "Disable outputs when Off"

May not work for digital output though
      That sounds like it might work, but I am not sure where you are suggesting this setting is. If I open the LMS system preference applet (I'm running LMS 7.9.0 / r1448515994 on an iMac), the tabs I see are Status, Library, Account, Advanced and Information.

If I click on Advanced and then click on Advanced setting, a web page appears. I can then click on Player and see settings for the Touch BUT can not find one called "Turn off audio".

I am missing something?

Thanks for your Help,
      Nicholas

Comment

• Jeff07971
        • Aug 2011

That sounds like it might work, but I am not sure where you are suggesting this setting is. If I open the LMS system preference applet (I'm running LMS 7.9.0 / r1448515994 on an iMac), the tabs I see are Status, Library, Account, Advanced and Information.

If I click on Advanced and then click on Advanced setting, a web page appears. I can then click on Player and see settings for the Touch BUT can not find one called "Turn off audio".

I am missing something?

Thanks for your Help,
        Nicholas
        Click image for larger version

Name:	LMS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1559664
        sigpic
        Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Comment

• garym
          • May 2008

Some options for the old style players (sb3, boom, receiver, transporter) are not available for touch and radio. I'm not at home to check, but this may be the issue.
          Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
          Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
          Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
          The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
          Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
          Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Jeff07971
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by garym
            Some options for the old style players (sb3, boom, receiver, transporter) are not available for touch and radio. I'm not at home to check, but this may be the issue.
            Ahhh OK "Lounge" is a receiver
            sigpic

Comment

• nicholasg
              • Jun 2008

I have a 2 Receiver and a Touch and that setting only shows up for the Receiver.

I wonder why as the Touch is a newer design

Comment

• Mnyb
                • Feb 2006

Yeah but the signal may still be there even in the off state , there is apearently a proper way to signal "no sound" in the spdiff standard ,but some equipment do and did the adhoc solution to just turn off the circuit completely or expect no voltage ( if it's in the recieving end ). There are some DAC's and AV recievers that gets stuck for the same reason .

I have not seen anyone solving it . The Touch is more open source , but I still wonder if it's possible to adjust in software only ? People here are very clever someone would have found a solution by now ?
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                Bedroom/Office: Boom
                Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• garym
                  • May 2008

I have a 2 Receiver and a Touch and that setting only shows up for the Receiver.

I wonder why as the Touch is a newer design
                  Touch and radio have more internal player controls. Older players were much more "dumb" machines tied to a server for almost all operations. This said, not sure why option was not included.
                  Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
                  Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
                  Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
                  The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
                  Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
                  Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• nicholasg
                    • Jun 2008

Even when using the Receiver and having set "Turn Off Audio" to "Disable outputs when off" my speakers do not go to standby when Receiver to switched off.

If I remove the cable from the Receiver the speakers eventually go to Standby.

So I think it is safe to assume something must still be output by the Receiver, even when it is off.
                    Last edited by nicholasg; 2017-08-10, 16:11.

Comment

Working...