Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157
Results 1,561 to 1,567 of 1567
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Players are chromecasts via castbridge plugin

-----------
    He also has the UPNP plugin running
    -----------
    IIRC there were specific setting for Chromecast plugin with BBCiPlayer live but I can't help - I feel this is a chromecast plugin issue possibly aggravated by Windows depending on where transcoding is done.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC there were specific setting for Chromecast plugin with BBCiPlayer live but I can't help - I feel this is a chromecast plugin issue possibly aggravated by Windows depending on where transcoding is done.
    Okay! Thanks. I have no problems with live streams using chromecast - so I'll need to check my settings to compare.

Cheers
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! Thanks. I have no problems with live streams using chromecast - so I'll need to check my settings to compare.
    IIRC The chromecast plugin acts as player which has an infinite buffer it tries to grab as much data as possible - in early days this caused problems with BBCiplayer livestreams so something had to be introduced to manage the flow better.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    IIRC The chromecast plugin acts as player which has an infinite buffer it tries to grab as much data as possible - in early days this caused problems with BBCiplayer livestreams so something had to be introduced to manage the flow better.
    Potentially the plugin is too "greedy" and gets a lot of data, then goes dark for a large amount of time. The other end (or the tunnel) sees that as a system that disconnected so it closes the connection. Default "pacing size" is 1M, which is about a minute of 128kbits/s I think - more if the flow is slower or if that parameter was increased
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Potentially the plugin is too "greedy" and gets a lot of data, then goes dark for a large amount of time. The other end (or the tunnel) sees that as a system that disconnected so it closes the connection. Default "pacing size" is 1M, which is about a minute of 128kbits/s I think - more if the flow is slower or if that parameter was increased
    Any tips?
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any tips?
    Yes, as said, check that your friend has not set pacing_size at more than 1M and if it's still 1M, reduce it to 500k.

[edit]: this pacing_size parameters tells the plugin to stop gathering data from the source if the player has not accept the latest N amount of bytes. It's not exactly the same than the buffer_size because it governs how far ahead the bridge can be from the CC.

There is really two buffering levels happening here. CC can be greedy himself and tell the plugin "give me more" while, on top of that, the plugin will eat all can from the source till buffer_size is met. Setting pacing_size might not fully solve the problem in a sense that if CC eats a lot of data when starting, then there will still be a large amount of data buffered in (CC buffer + pacing_size) at the beginning then a long silence before CC starts to ask for more. You can set the pacing_size value to a super small value, it should still work.

Doing something different would mean starving the CC and guessing what has been exactly consumed and I don't want to do that (lots of timer-based programming and I always feel its wrong)
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2018-01-10 at 16:35.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, as said, check that your friend has not set pacing_size at more than 1M and if it's still 1M, reduce it to 500k.

[edit]: this pacing_size parameters tells the plugin to stop gathering data from the source if the player has not accept the latest N amount of bytes. It's not exactly the same than the buffer_size because it governs how far ahead the bridge can be from the CC.

There is really two buffering levels happening here. CC can be greedy himself and tell the plugin "give me more" while, on top of that, the plugin will eat all can from the source till buffer_size is met. Setting pacing_size might not fully solve the problem in a sense that if CC eats a lot of data when starting, then there will still be a large amount of data buffered in (CC buffer + pacing_size) at the beginning then a long silence before CC starts to ask for more. You can set the pacing_size value to a super small value, it should still work.

Doing something different would mean starving the CC and guessing what has been exactly consumed and I don't want to do that (lots of timer-based programming and I always feel its wrong)
    Thanks
    SB Player - Fire TV