Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 145 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1614
  1. #1441
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,560
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbergman View Post
    Attached is a message from the foot of my plugins page (LMS 7.9.1) Attachment 23292 What is the correct url for this please?
    For the up to date stable 1.5.* (which is currently 1.5.3) http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bpaplugins/betarelease-repo.xml

    For 1.5.4.* only - which has Flac support (only available until end of Proms) and is "experiemental" use http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bpaplugins/V154testrelease-repo.xml


    Use the betarelease-repo.xml and it will be updated with new "stable" 1.5.* versions (i.e. 1.5.4.* sometime soon).

  2. #1442
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by ianf View Post

  3. #1443
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,547

    Radio 4 cuts short

    There's a problem I have frequently. I have assumed it is a BBC issue, but have decided it is time to post in case it is a problem with the plugin.

    I am in the UK, and regularly use Listen Again. I find that when listening to Radio 4 the last few seconds of most programs get cut off. So I don't hear the credits, which is a minor issue, but also part of the last sentence (or two) is also missing, which is annoying.

    Not much point in naming a particular program, as it happens more often than not. I don't get this issue on Radio 2 Listen Again (where programs usually include part of the following news summary) and I don't think it occurs on Radio 3 either.

  4. #1444
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,560
    Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    There's a problem I have frequently. I have assumed it is a BBC issue, but have decided it is time to post in case it is a problem with the plugin.

    I am in the UK, and regularly use Listen Again. I find that when listening to Radio 4 the last few seconds of most programs get cut off. So I don't hear the credits, which is a minor issue, but also part of the last sentence (or two) is also missing, which is annoying.

    Not much point in naming a particular program, as it happens more often than not. I don't get this issue on Radio 2 Listen Again (where programs usually include part of the following news summary) and I don't think it occurs on Radio 3 either.
    When I get time I'll check.
    What sort of player ? Transcoding and internal buffer may affect this.

    Have you checked is the same true on the BBC browser based player ? It is easy to check - jump to one minute from end.

    Just from experience, I have found that BBC set "Listen Again" duration according the program broadcast duration (e.g.28mins in a 30 mins slot) but occasionally there is a promo at the start for about 1 min which means the last one 1 min of the broadcast is chopped usually credits. Even worse is 4Extra where sometimes the promo is 3 mins and 3 mins are chopped from end of program.

  5. #1445
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218

    DASH-Flac:streams not playing

    Hi,

    I'm using the latest 1.5.4.4 from the test repo and see the Radio 3 flac channel under Radio 3.

    Every time I try to play a flac stream (last attempt was yesterday evening's prom at 19:30), the stream looks as if it is going to play (counter reaches about 4 seconds), the metadata is displayed and the Radio 3 Station Icon changes to the program image, but then the stream just stops. I don't hear any sound.

    Stream preference is set to DashFlac > DASH

    The same broadcast works fine using the standard DASH stream

    Are there any known issues or am I missing something?

    BR.

    --Marius--

  6. #1446
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,560
    Audio and Metadata/ image comes from two different sources - so having one does not imply the other.
    Counter on GUI does not mean anyhting - it will always start counting before connection is made.

    Any message in the log file.

    Are you in the UK ? Which menu did you try to play ?
    What OS ?
    What version of LMS ?
    What sort of player ?
    Can player play Flac file from LMS server ?

  7. #1447
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Audio and Metadata/ image comes from two different sources - so having one does not imply the other.
    Counter on GUI does not mean anyhting - it will always start counting before connection is made.

    Any message in the log file.

    Are you in the UK ? Which menu did you try to play ?
    What OS ?
    What version of LMS ?
    What sort of player ?
    Can player play Flac file from LMS server ?

    Thanks for reply and for your tremendous work!

    I'll check the logs this evening

    Played the Radio 3 Flac, live stream menu, under Radio 3 (which works)
    LMS 7.9.1 running on Ubuntu 16.04
    Squeezelite running on Armbian
    Local fllac plays fine at 16/44.1, 16/48, 24/*, etc

    I'll keep digging into other causes, so unless the logs throw up something special, please ignore. I just wanted to check expected behaviour.

    BR.

    --Marius--

  8. #1448
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    20,560
    The difference in processing berween a DASH/Flac and DASH/AAC is very small and is common for initial communications .
    What bit rate is being shown for the Radio 3 stream ?

    What is the value of "Seconds to delay start live stream" - can you try no delay as squeezelite can play aac and flac native.

    A Flac stream should be played native by Squeezelite so squeezelite logs and LMS logs can be helpful. For example, one user had a problem with a Hifiberry DAC recent driver not supporting 48kHz but this would affect all BBC stream unless your squeezelite does not support native aac.

    If nothing in the logs - you should enable plugin.bbciplayer.dash to INFO to get better log info on DASH processing.

  9. #1449
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    The difference in processing berween a DASH/Flac and DASH/AAC is very small and is common for initial communications .
    What bit rate is being shown for the Radio 3 stream ?

    What is the value of "Seconds to delay start live stream" - can you try no delay as squeezelite can play aac and flac native.

    A Flac stream should be played native by Squeezelite so squeezelite logs and LMS logs can be helpful. For example, one user had a problem with a Hifiberry DAC recent driver not supporting 48kHz but this would affect all BBC stream unless your squeezelite does not support native aac.

    If nothing in the logs - you should enable plugin.bbciplayer.dash to INFO to get better log info on DASH processing.
    Thanks.

    I'll check up this evening as the player is at home.

    BR.

  10. #1450
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Learnincurve View Post
    Thanks.

    I'll check up this evening as the player is at home.

    BR.
    Hi again,


    Nothing is making it through to squeezelite, but this is what I'm getting in the server log:

    Code:
    [17-08-09 20:18:12.8348] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::canSeek (788) DASH can seek called 
    [17-08-09 20:18:12.8363] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::new (86)  New DASH stream - Jump to time - seek offset = 
    [17-08-09 20:18:12.8369] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::new (88)   -- Skip back state : "   ----"  time :         ----  req :         ----  streamtime:             
    [17-08-09 20:18:12.8374] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::new (125)   -- Skip back state : "   live"  time :            0  req :         ----  streamtime:             
    [17-08-09 20:18:12.8381] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_fetchMPD (404) fetch playlist: http://vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs....t_manifest.mpd start: 0, refetch=
    [17-08-09 20:18:12.9485] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (881) MPD not received - no DASH type defined
    [17-08-09 20:18:12.9637] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::canSeek (788) DASH can seek called 
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1470] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseUTCTime (216)  Epochtime=1502302693 Time diff = -0.146598100662231
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1476] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (498) Availability Starttime > 0 ( 60  )
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1482] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (515)  Live delay start pref=0
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1486] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (535) maxSegmentationDuration=3.84      minbufferTime=2.034
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1490] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (536) No of Period = 1
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1495] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (577) Pref used:Dashspeed_live pref value : 1 Chosen rep id A1 Bandwidth = 1536000 Codecs = 
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1500] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (596)  No BaseURL definition found
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1508] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (603) After make Baseurl = http://vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs....t_manifest.mpd
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1516] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (647) Init URL http://vs-dash-ww-rd-live.bbcfmt.hs....less/A1/IS.mp4
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1521] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (661) Segment quota = 1  type=flc
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1526] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (694) Initial setting of streamtime to 1502302437 using current number 391224593
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.1530] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (701)  Starting Current number 391224593 start number 1 final number 396224593
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.2091] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (759) Fetched [0] size 608
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.3497] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (886) sysread - checking chunks : 4 played :0
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.3508] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DashUtils::process_ftyp_atom (124) Ftyp Atom $VAR1 = {
              'minor_version' => 0,
              'brand' => 'iso6',
              'compatible_brands' => [
                                       'avc1',
                                       'isom',
                                       'dash',
                                       'iso6'
                                     ]
            };
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.3520] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DashUtils::process_flac_atom (603) Process fLaC length 78 Atom body 00  00  00  00  00  00  00  01  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  00  02  00  10  00  00  00  00  BB  80  00  00  00  00  00  32  64  66  4C  61  00  00  00  00  80  00  00  22  12  00  12  00
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.3529] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (909) Got ftyp dash Compatible brand=isom
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.3534] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (923) played [0]
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.5531] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (759) Fetched [391224594] size 294746
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.5972] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (759) Fetched [391224593] size 329813
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.7550] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (886) sysread - checking chunks : 3 played :0
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.7581] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (973) sysread - returned 32768 bytes - requested 32768  nextpos =32768 length 329549
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.7590] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (886) sysread - checking chunks : 3 played :0
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.7606] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (973) sysread - returned 32768 bytes - requested 32768  nextpos =65536 length 329549
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.7610] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (886) sysread - checking chunks : 3 played :0
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.7626] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::sysread (973) sysread - returned 32768 bytes - requested 32768  nextpos =98304 length 329549
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.7642] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::close (850)  DASH stream closing
    [17-08-09 20:18:13.9153] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (759) Fetched [391224595] size 264743
    [17-08-09 20:18:14.7677] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::canSeek (788) DASH can seek called
    Hope that helps isolate the problem.

    BR.

    Marius

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •