Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS keeps buffering since latest iplayer fix and oppo bdp105 installation

Hi. Just applied bpa's latest BBC iplayer fix recently to get things working again. You're a genius bpa!!! But...they worked for about a week, now LMS just doesn't seem to work at all (whereas logging into mysqueezebox.com instead of LMS, apps like tunein work fine). Can't access any of my computer music, or LMS apps like iplayer, Spotify, Pandora etc through my squeezeboxes. Just looks like it keeps buffering. Sometimes a second of music comes out, then nothing again, but usually just constant rebuffering, and returning track to 0.00, or skipping to next track, where same thing happens, repeatedly. This is on squeezebox classic, as well as squeezebox touch; both on wireless and wired networks. Track title and album art shows up on the LMS Web control on the pc, and on the squeezebox units, but nothing actually plays! Its a Windows 10 pc.

I dont see how it could make a difference, but the only thing ive changed you since it was all working fine is that ive installed a new oppo bdp105, and have it running as a pc usb dac...but this works fine for FLACS and mp3s played directly through pc and stereo (ie, no LMS or squeezeboxes used), and my squeezebox touch doesn't use the pc usb dac at all (only connects to LMS on pc wirelessly), and still has the same problem. It's driving me nuts! Any help out there?

Happy to supply whatever additional information is required, but I am a total numpty, and it took me about two hours to figure out how to install bpa's latest iplayer fix, to give you an idea of my technological know-how...

First, the patch patch I suggested is not a proper fix. You should have replaced the BBCXMLParser.pm file by the one utgg wrote. That said, if Listen Again are playing it is probably not worth the effort to change at the moment.

The change for Listen Again is only executed once to find a program to play - no change has been made to the playing code. So your rebuffering problem has NOTHING to do with BBCiPlayer plugin except that it is (and always has been) susceptible to delays in the network. It looks like your Oppo has added extra traffic. Some users have said they have had rebuffering problems when their smart TV (which is UPNP enabled) was on and LMS had the UPNP plugin enabled. Since your Oppo is UNPN enabled - you may be having the same problems. I suggest turn off all LMS UPNP facilities and see if it helps.

Thanks bpa. Sorry-but how do I turn off UPNP facilities in LMS? and would doing that make any other differences/changes that I need to be aware of?

In the mean time, I'll try unplugging my smart tv and oppo from the network when I get home tonight, and see if that solves the problem....didn't think of this...just assumed the problem was with LMS :-/

Thanks for the advice...and yes I've now changed xml file to utgg's new one. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Yourmomm View Post
    Thanks bpa. Sorry-but how do I turn off UPNP facilities in LMS? and would doing that make any other differences/changes that I need to be aware of?

Go to Settings>Plugins and make sure the box is not ticked, click Apply and restart LMS.

Name:  UPnP.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  130.1 KB

Yep. That did it! Cheers all 😊😊😊