Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 192 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
    castalla I will go find one at best buy and install later on. I will take a good luck wish to make it all work

I will take your advices and wont use kewl wording in my work. I find english is very tough to learn . Too many almost same words to keep in my mind all the time
    You have to set up the Chromecast first using the Chromecast app on a tablet or smartphone (or using Chrome browser and cast extension). Once it is set up on your network, then you can install the Castbridge plugin on your LMS.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Yes, I've seen that as well - can it be due to sf redirecting to an https server (was not the case at the beginning) ? But so far I only did see the problem on devices like Syno, never on Windows machines. My main setup is a Win7 x64 and I've never had that

[edit]: I'm experiencing the same issue now (never happended) and it seems that sourceforge is doing at least 3 redirections in a row ... this is new
    I',m now suddenly getting the same error on my LMS7.9 running on a QNAP NAS:
    Bad repository http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-...es/repo-sf.xml - Redirection limit exceeded

Rebooting my Widows 10 client obviously doesn't make any difference as this is running on a NAS. Rebooting the NAS didn't help either.
    What could be the problem here Philippe?

Rgds
    Oyvind
    Last edited by oyvindo; 2016-02-12 at 10:52.

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    I',m now suddenly getting the same error on my LMS7.9 running on a QNAP NAS:
    Bad repository http://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-...es/repo-sf.xml - Redirection limit exceeded

Rebooting my Widows 10 client obviously doesn't make any difference as this is running on a NAS. Rebooting the NAS didn't help either.
    What could be the problem here Philippe?

Rgds
    Oyvind
    There is a problem with sourceforge, which is hosting my plugins. I'm trying to understand (and I'm not the only one with the problem)
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

sourceforge repository update

Please see 1st post of this thread
    LMS 8.1.x on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I have encountered a discovery problem in the latest LMS nightly (logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1455360998_i386.deb). The plugin doesn't discover the chromecast unless the chromecast device is cold-booted - it also fails to discover a running chromecast after a server restart.

In contrast, the previous nightly (logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1455226217_i386.deb) discovers a running chromecast and also rediscovers after a server restart.

edit: ignore above - must have been a temporary network glitch - seems to be working okay now.
    Last edited by castalla; 2016-02-13 at 15:52.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I have encountered a discovery problem in the latest LMS nightly (logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1455360998_i386.deb). The plugin doesn't discover the chromecast unless the chromecast device is cold-booted - it also fails to discover a running chromecast after a server restart.
    I've been having discovery issues that look a lot like these.

I've found that opening and letting run, the Chromecast App on my Android phone and "discovering" the devices there results in rapid "discovery" in CastBridge and the device then plays well on both radio streaming and playlists.

I have Windows 10 64 bit and latest LMS nightly and latest stable version of CastBridge.

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post

In contrast, the previous nightly (logitechmediaserver_7.9.0~1455226217_i386.deb) discovers a running chromecast and also rediscovers after a server restart.

edit: ignore above - must have been a temporary network glitch - seems to be working okay now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_heys View Post
    I've been having discovery issues that look a lot like these.

I've found that opening and letting run, the Chromecast App on my Android phone and "discovering" the devices there results in rapid "discovery" in CastBridge and the device then plays well on both radio streaming and playlists.

I have Windows 10 64 bit and latest LMS nightly and latest stable version of CastBridge.
    It might be some difficulty with the mDNS discovery system when I launch the "request". I've seen in some case a conflict with other "requesters" (from the same computer) and my 'request' is wasted. But if another "requester" exists somewhere else in the network, then my app will see the response although its own 'request' has been ignored, which probably explain what you experience

I'm really looking forward to using this as a solution to play local media to my ChromeCast Audio.
    I think I'm stuck in an update loop though that may be linked to the Sourceforge issue philippe noted over the weekend. I only installed the plugin over the weekend and as soon as I did it said an update was available. When I choose to update it says to restart, and even though I do that it still says an update is available.
    I can't get this out of the screen, any advice?
    Also, any indication of when I can try again to install this successfully?

I'm using 7.7.3 on a Synology.

Quote Originally Posted by rmjb View Post
    I'm really looking forward to using this as a solution to play local media to my ChromeCast Audio.
    I think I'm stuck in an update loop though that may be linked to the Sourceforge issue philippe noted over the weekend. I only installed the plugin over the weekend and as soon as I did it said an update was available. When I choose to update it says to restart, and even though I do that it still says an update is available.
    I can't get this out of the screen, any advice?
    Also, any indication of when I can try again to install this successfully?

I'm using 7.7.3 on a Synology.
    Have you tried to install it from my repository (see 1st page of the thread) or through the LMS built-in 3rd party repository ? If this still not works using mine (it works in my test), then you have to erase the cache of LMS (a bit painful as a full rescan will be needed and plugins will have to be re-installed)

Installing from your repository worked, thanks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk