Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 200 of 203 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2027
    Quote Originally Posted by SamY View Post
    Thanks for this idea! I have configured the players in my A/V room and bedroom to sync with their local Castbridge players and it works like a charm without any transcoding in the plugin, albeit at the expense of doubling the network traffic. However, because I am running LMS, the plugin, and all the players on an old RPi B+, choosing the option to transcode to mp3 in the plugin results in excessive cpu usage and resultant hiccups and delays in the player audio. As always, there is a tradeoff in resource consumption and, in my case, I have more available bandwidth than I do cpu. Since we are not actually using the CC audio in this scenario, I wonder if it would be possible to provide an option to not send an audio stream from the plugin at all --- only the metadata. Maybe a transcode format of 'Null'? I have no idea if it is possible but it would solve the problem of having to choose between wasting bandwidth or cpu when using the plugin in this way.
    You’d have to send something, always, even if these are silence mp3 frames. I’ll see if there is something I can do but otherwise you know a used Pi 3 will cost you very little…
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

Thank you Philippe!

Just wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to you Philippe for making the plugin that got me to resurrect my LMS to use with my ShieldTV.

Server is TrueNAS and running in a BSD Jail, so I can confirm this works in that case. The things I had to work past were comparatively simple.
    0. Chromecasts were seen by the app (static linked variant)
    1. Web server didn't want to bind until I manually specified a port (I used 15555 for no particular reason)
    2. Chromecast players didn't know where to connect (Discovery loop) until I manually specified the server (x.x.x.x:15555)

Then, magic. Again, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    ...you know a used Pi 3 will cost you very little…
    Lol!!! Touché, Philippe.

And, as always, thank you for this plugin and all the other great work you do for the SB community.

EDIT: I ordered a DAC32 yesterday for my office so I am at least trying to upgrade, however slowly. When I was younger, I was always at the bleeding edge of technology, hacking at the motherboard of my Apple ][ to upgrade the 6502 chip, etc. As I get older, though, I tend to follow the motto of the Luddites: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    Last edited by SamY; 2021-10-10 at 11:25.
    Sam

Lol!!! Touché, Philippe.

And, as always, thank you for this plugin and all the other great work you do for the SB community.

EDIT: I ordered a DAC32 yesterday for my office so I am at least trying to upgrade, however slowly. When I was younger, I was always at the bleeding edge of technology, hacking at the motherboard of my Apple ][ to upgrade the 6502 chip, etc. As I get older, though, I tend to follow the motto of the Luddites: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
    I did a version with a "silent" mode which sends mp3 @ 64kbps, let me know what you think, I've not tested it much
    LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch, 1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3

I did a version with a "silent" mode which sends mp3 @ 64kbps, let me know what you think, I've not tested it much
    That works amazingly well! No network or cpu overhead incurred and no stuttering, even on 24/176.4 flac files. Excellent job, Philippe. Thank you!
    Sam

My recommendation is to use the "transcode" mode to mp3 at the lowest bitrate as it might be the CC itself which has a problem with the hi-res file. By transcoding it, the CC will simply saw the same format all the time and because you don't care about the audio, it will minimize your network bandwidth. Don't forget to "not maintain sync"
    OK, I have set up these parameters and it has been working much better..... Not flawlessly however. I was listening this afternoon and it came to this track on the playlist (Again Hi-Res) and it could not display this track on the TV and it eventually caused the playlist to stop entirely. It was not reproducible however, as I tried this.... Still some Gremlins around. My goal would be to get this to display album art for a 3-4 hour dinner party without interruption.

Name:  CC Bridge Problem.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  90.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    OK, I have set up these parameters and it has been working much better..... Not flawlessly however. I was listening this afternoon and it came to this track on the playlist (Again Hi-Res) and it could not display this track on the TV and it eventually caused the playlist to stop entirely. It was not reproducible however, as I tried this.... Still some Gremlins around. My goal would be to get this to display album art for a 3-4 hour dinner party without interruption.
    You should try installing the new v1.80.1 plugin update and selecting the Transcode option of 'silent' for the CC slaves, which eliminates the unnecessary cpu and/or network overhead incurred by processing the hires audio signal. It works great! See my previous posts...
    Sam

You should try installing the new v1.80.1 plugin update and selecting the Transcode option of 'silent' for the CC slaves, which eliminates the unnecessary cpu and/or network overhead incurred by processing the hires audio signal. It works great! See my previous posts...

OK Thanks! --- I have done this now..... Will give it a whirl over the next couple weeks.

It is indeed silent, as I turned the volume of the TV up and it was 'silent'.... Was not silent before, so a nice update indeed!
    Last edited by Cut-Throat; 2021-10-11 at 15:27.

OK Thanks! --- I have done this now..... Will give it a whirl over the next couple weeks.

It is indeed silent, as I turned the volume of the TV up and it was 'silent'.... Was not silent before, so a nice update indeed!
    Well, it has gotten better, but I still can not get it to perform 'without a hitch' for over an hour...... I have been listening this afternoon and after about 45 minutes, the 'pause' symbol appeared on my TV and the Music Stopped. I clicked to the next track and it worked again for about 1/2 hour until I noticed that the Next Track appeared on my TV, while the current Track playing on my Raspberry Pi was only about half over.... I let it play and it eventually caught up and synced up again.

But, I will say this..... This Plugin has improved immensely from last year when I was using it... So, Thanks again for your innovative work on this!
    Last edited by Cut-Throat; 2021-10-12 at 15:12.

Announce: CastBridge = integrate Chromecast players with LMS (squeeze2cast)

Well, it has gotten better, but I still can not get it to perform 'without a hitch' for over an hour...... I have been listening this afternoon and after about 45 minutes, the 'pause' symbol appeared on my TV and the Music Stopped. I clicked to the next track and it worked again for about 1/2 hour until I noticed that the Next Track appeared on my TV, while the current Track playing on my Raspberry Pi was only about half over.... I let it play and it eventually caught up and synced up again.

But, I will say this..... This Plugin has improved immensely from last year when I was using it... So, Thanks again for your innovative work on this!
    Could your either sending me the castbridge log of that event or confirm that the issue only happens when you add a CC device in the mix?
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2021-10-13 at 01:55.